Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Your LCFC goal of the decade

10 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Only to idiots who don't understand numbers. Most of the world apparently.

It's 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, etc

But somehow people have decided it's 0-9, 10-19, 20-29 etc which is even more bizarre given there's no year 0.

People are stupid.

I'm sorry but this is nonsense. 

A decade is ten years. The decade, as everybody in the world understands and accepts it, is from 0-9, 10-19, 20-29, etc. The 20's, the 30's, etc, etc. 

Anyhoo, HNY!

Edited by bovril
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, bovril said:

I'm sorry but this is nonsense. 

A decade is ten years. The decade, as everybody in the world understands and accepts it, is from 0-9, 10-19, 20-29, etc. The 20's, the 30's, etc, etc. 

Anyhoo, HPN!

Most of the world doesn't use the Gregorian calendar.

Also... Hate Pensioners Now? Hairy Pink Nuts? Huge Pointy Nose? :dunno:

Just now, Trav Le Bleu said:

Most of the world doesn't use the Gregorian calendar.

Also... Hate Pensioners Now? Hairy Pink Nuts? Huge Pointy Nose? :dunno:

yeah I've had a mare there, I am pissed to be fair 

Also I'm going to humblebrag and say I've been sending messages to people in multiple languages so got a bit confused

Edited by bovril
  • Haha 1

Most of them are by Vardy. 

Knockaert against Forest - I was hiking in Bulgaria after deciding I couldn't listen to the game when my Dad (who was at the game) phoned me to tell me the result. 

The Vardy goal against Boro at the start of 13/14, which seems in retrospect like the start of an era. His against Derby in the same season to make it 4, when we knew that we were the best team in the league and heading for promotion.

Vardy's against United to make it 4-3, which I watched in a very dusty internet cafe in Turkey after crossing the Dardanelles. In the same season, when he scored against WBA away. I just knew when he picked the ball up at halfway that it he was going to score, and we were going to stay up, I've never experienced anything like it watching Leicester, it was like a film.

The half volley against Liverpool in the title winning season, when I was in a small B&B in the mountains in Northern Greece. The header from Huth a week later when a Bulgarian Leicester fan ran screaming out of the Irish pub we were in, ran around the block, came back and calmly began drinking his beer again. Ulloa vs Norwich and West Ham that I celebrated more than probably any other Leicester goals ever. Vardy to make it 2-2 vs Villa was special. 

"Andy our King" against Everton, which always makes me emotional.

Albrighton's goals against Bruges and Seville. 

But my favourite, for many reasons, was Cambiasso vs QPR. I have as much fondness for the great escape as for the title win, as strange as that sounds. It was such a magical, unexpected run, and that goal just capped it off so beautifully. And from such a classy guy and footballer. Plus it reminds me of a really great time of my life.

What a decade. What a club. Imagine supporting Forest. Or Newcastle, or Tottenham, or anybody not named Leicester City. The last ten years have been insane. 

• Like 2

No one has mentioned it but Vardys at West Brom.

Not the world class left foot volley over his head, not the wonderful run and finish in the great escape but the 2015/2016 one.

Great little flick, a slightly under hit return by drinky, but the sheer pace and control and deadly finish was mind blowing.

Theres loads of debates of whose the best striker and ‘Only Messi can do this, Ronaldo that, Henry that’, but I can safely say that with that goal , no one in the world could of scored that except JV.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, StanSP said:

Vardy's volley always immediately springs to mind. 

Barnes belter against Sheff Utd. 

Albrighton's goal against Sevilla for the atmosphere and celebrations. 

Knockaert against Watford because of what happened the season before. 

Cambiasso for the equaliser against Man Utd for the 'scenes'. 

Drinkwater vs Liverpool for the technique. 

Mahrez vs Bournemouth for the timing. 

Kante vs Watford for the precision which threw Gomes off :ph34r:

Vardy vs Utd for the 'IT'S ELEVEN, IT'S HEAVEN FOR JAMIE VARDY!' 

Huth vs Spurs made me believe a little. 

Huth vs Man City made me really believe. 

:appl:

Top 3:

Vardy vs. Man Utd in the 5-3 win. Just loved the cheeky near post finish and the fact we'd come from behind to lead against one of the big boys.

Albrighton vs. Sevilla. Electric atmosphere that night and so fitting that two of less lauded players (Morgan and Albrighton) should score the goals to send us through.

Mahrez vs. Man City. This is when I started to believe. Beautiful goal at a pivotal time in a pivotal game. Magic!

On 31/12/2019 at 22:29, Toddybad said:

Yes it was. It can bounce and still be a volley. It's only a half volley if stuck at the point of contact with the pitch.

Oh no it wasn't!   As it's the pantomime season, I suppose you are allowed to reply back "oh yes it is".

But it still wasn't a volley.   The clue is in the word "bounce".  

"A volley is an air-borne strike in association football, where a player's foot meets and directs the ball in an angled direction before it has time to reach the ground.

It's funny how many football commentators don't know the definition.

On 31/12/2019 at 14:18, Trav Le Bleu said:

Only to idiots who don't understand numbers. Most of the world apparently.

It's 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, etc

But somehow people have decided it's 0-9, 10-19, 20-29 etc which is even more bizarre given there's no year 0.

People are stupid.

We’ve done this already bro. 

A decade is ten years. Any ten years.

The sixties is a decade.

Only a fvcking idiot includes 1970 in the sixties rather than 1960.

Any chat about there being no year zero is redundant in light of the above.

Will await your silence in lieu of an apology for your persistent wrongness.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

Oh no it wasn't!   As it's the pantomime season, I suppose you are allowed to reply back "oh yes it is".

But it still wasn't a volley.   The clue is in the word "bounce".  

"A volley is an air-borne strike in association football, where a player's foot meets and directs the ball in an angled direction before it has time to reach the ground.

It's funny how many football commentators don't know the definition.

If a ball bounces it is then air borne again.

This is considered a volley these days.

Granted, it wasn't always perceived like this.

But football had followed tennis in calling a ball struck just as it hits the ground a half volley.

So now all air borne shots, whether they've bounced or not, are called volley.

Also the goal Vs Middleborough - mahrez's debut game I think - where vardy and Nugent combined, one of them taking the ball a clearly (I was sat in line and it was clearly off not as close as you'd think from the video) off the pitch before crossing for an allowed goal.

Edited by Toddybad