Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Your LCFC goal of the decade

I can't decide between this one...

...and this one.....

The first because it's just a brilliant goal and peak Vardy in terms of it's audacity and ferocity. I still feel as excited seeing it for the 15,000th time as I did when I saw it the first time, if anything it gets better everytime I see it.

The second, not because it was a great goal, but because it was genuinely one of the most joyous moments of my life. To be there that day and for Andy, Andy King to score was just amazing. It was more what that goal encapsulated more than anything else.

Anyways, there's loads I could have picked, like Vardy's goal v West Brom but I've tried to narrow it down. Interested to hear what others think.

If this has already been done and I missed it then please delete thread.

• Like 1

Vardy's volley always immediately springs to mind. 

Barnes belter against Sheff Utd. 

Albrighton's goal against Sevilla for the atmosphere and celebrations. 

Knockaert against Watford because of what happened the season before. 

Cambiasso for the equaliser against Man Utd for the 'scenes'. 

Drinkwater vs Liverpool for the technique. 

Mahrez vs Bournemouth for the timing. 

Kante vs Watford for the precision which threw Gomes off :ph34r:

Vardy vs Utd for the 'IT'S ELEVEN, IT'S HEAVEN FOR JAMIE VARDY!' 

Huth vs Spurs made me believe a little. 

Huth vs Man City made me really believe. 

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 2

For me, in the moment, Vardy to make it 4-3 vs Utd.

Couldn't get to the game so headed to The Three Crowns in Barrow, safe to say we were outnumbered by plastic Utd fans. Giving it the big 'un at 3-1. I've never felt more smug than that day and it really felt that we'd arrived back in the Prem then. (following few months brought me back down, mind) lol

throw in some championship ones seen as all the obvious ones have been mentioned. and tbf this would be a tough one if you were just including championship goals let alone what happened in the second half of the decade. 

yakubu & king vs derby, king at coventry probably the most disrespectful, audacious finish of the decade, knocky vs huddersfield and forest, there’s millions. 

So many goals to choose from but Vardy's 11 in 11 against Man U has to be the one for the history, if nothing else. It genuinely felt that we had witnessed something very very special. What a moment in not only our history but also Premier League history. Gives me goosebumps more than any other goal I've ever seen in 50 plus years. That feeling will go with me to the grave. 

• Like 2