Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
Tielemans63

Your LCFC goal of the decade

Recommended Posts

Posted

I can't decide between this one...

 

 

...and this one.....

 

 

 

The first because it's just a brilliant goal and peak Vardy in terms of it's audacity and ferocity. I still feel as excited seeing it for the 15,000th time as I did when I saw it the first time, if anything it gets better everytime I see it.

 

The second, not because it was a great goal, but because it was genuinely one of the most joyous moments of my life. To be there that day and for Andy, Andy King to score was just amazing. It was more what that goal encapsulated more than anything else.

 

Anyways, there's loads I could have picked, like Vardy's goal v West Brom but I've tried to narrow it down. Interested to hear what others think.

 

If this has already been done and I missed it then please delete thread.

 

Posted

Head says Vardy vs Liverpool for the sheer audacity of it. It was my first match in Cape Town with the CTFoxes, and we all started to realise that it really was happening.

 

giphy.gif

 

Heart, however, is set in Shinji's bicycle kick against Newcastle. It was on my birthday, I was surrounded by my favourite people in Cape Town, and I fell off my ****ing chair celebrating. 

 

3xhL.gif

 

For sheer limbs though, I'd go for one year later against Sevilla. Marc Albrighton. Best atmosphere I have ever witnessed. An old fella in front of me celebrated so vigorously that he fell down about 4 steps. I went to help him up, asking him if he was alright, and he screamed ****ING GET IN in my ear, took my hand and hugged me while jumping up and down.

 

CavernousTotalGlowworm-size_restricted.g

 

Best game ever.

Posted

Vardy's volley always immediately springs to mind. 

 

Barnes belter against Sheff Utd. 

 

Albrighton's goal against Sevilla for the atmosphere and celebrations. 

 

Knockaert against Watford because of what happened the season before. 

 

Cambiasso for the equaliser against Man Utd for the 'scenes'. 

 

Drinkwater vs Liverpool for the technique. 

 

Mahrez vs Bournemouth for the timing. 

 

Kante vs Watford for the precision which threw Gomes off :ph34r:

 

Vardy vs Utd for the 'IT'S ELEVEN, IT'S HEAVEN FOR JAMIE VARDY!' 

 

Huth vs Spurs made me believe a little. 

Huth vs Man City made me really believe. 

Posted

For me, it's Vardy at West Brom. A genuine turning point.

Nothing that came after would (probably) have been possible without it. And it really kick-started the whole 'have some of that!' vibe that everybody(!) loves him for so much.

Posted

For me, in the moment, Vardy to make it 4-3 vs Utd.

 

Couldn't get to the game so headed to The Three Crowns in Barrow, safe to say we were outnumbered by plastic Utd fans. Giving it the big 'un at 3-1. I've never felt more smug than that day and it really felt that we'd arrived back in the Prem then. (following few months brought me back down, mind) lol

Posted

throw in some championship ones seen as all the obvious ones have been mentioned. and tbf this would be a tough one if you were just including championship goals let alone what happened in the second half of the decade. 

 

yakubu & king vs derby, king at coventry probably the most disrespectful, audacious finish of the decade, knocky vs huddersfield and forest, there’s millions. 

 

 

Guest worth_the_wait
Posted

Just to be accurate ... Vardy's goal against Liverpool was great ... but it wasn't a volley.

 

The ball bounces in between Mahrez passing it, and Vardy kicking it.   So it was not a volley.

 

Posted

A few less obvious ones which stand out for me are;

Gallagher vs Palace in 2011 (either of them)

Naughton vs Barnsley (can remember it being insane)

Gray vs Man Utd (watching it live the power on that shot was incredible)

Posted

It’s Knockaert away at Huddersfield. It was a ****ing ridiculous goal. 
 

Gally also scored some belters, as has Kingy. Kingy v Blackpool was also outrageous. 

Posted

So many goals to choose from but Vardy's 11 in 11 against Man U has to be the one for the history, if nothing else. It genuinely felt that we had witnessed something very very special. What a moment in not only our history but also Premier League history. Gives me goosebumps more than any other goal I've ever seen in 50 plus years. That feeling will go with me to the grave. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...