Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FA Cup 4th Round - Brentford Away

Just now, weller54 said:

Play some of the academy lads, and rest all our key players for Villa!....

Perhaps this season we need to sacrifice an F A Cup run.

Hate to admit it but I think I agree. A top 4 push, hopefully a wembley visit and a long fa Cup run is too much to ask on a relatively small squad

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Play some of the academy lads, and rest all our key players for Villa!....

Perhaps this season we need to sacrifice an F A Cup run.

I was going to post the very same Keith, it’s all well and good a decent FA cup run but we have bigger fish to fry.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

I was going to post the very same Keith, it’s all well and good a decent FA cup run but we have bigger fish to fry.

We’ve got the squad to play strong sides in both the FA Cup and premier league. 

Id make big changes though. 

Ward

Justin Morgan Benkovic Fuchs

Albrighton Choudhury Praet Gray

Perez 

Iheanacho

would be my side!

3 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Ward

Perez 

Iheanacho

would be my side!

I think Cags in for Benkovic for me and thats your team.

4 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Ward

Perez 

Iheanacho

would be my side!

This side but Muskwe for Iheanacho Gray behind Muskwe and Kapustka out wide.

2 minutes ago, Realjimbo said:

Remember that players like Gray, Albrighton, Praet, Hamza etc need to play, they need to feel rewarded for working hard in training and so should def be playing on Saturday

Praet is a first team potential starter and may be wise to not risk him given Mendy is injured and Ndidi is only just back from injury....think Praet plays a major role in the following 2 matches tbf

****s sake. We are 14 points clear of 5th. If we can't go for the FA Cup - a trophy we have never won - then I'm done with football (I'm not - obviously!). For what it's worth I am sure Brentford won't play a full strength team, as this will be low priority for them, but we do stand a chance of winning this competition, and I hate to be knocked out by them. We are genuinely the 3rd best team in England and could always fluke it against Man City or Liverpool - should we have to play them.

Edited by trabuch
  • Like 2

Just now, trabuch said:

****s sake. We are 14 points clear of 5th. If we can't go for the FA Cup - a trophy we have never won - then I'm done with football. For what it's worth I am sure Brentford won't play a full strength team, as this will be low priority for them, but we do stand a chance of winning this competition, and I hate to be knocked out by them. We are genuinely the 3rd best team in England and could always fluke it against Man City or Liverpool - should we have to play them.

No one saying we don't want to win just that it's not high on our list of priorities therefore key players should not be risked

• Like 2

Just now, tickler28 said:

No one saying we don't want to win just that it's not high on our list of priorities therefore key players should not be risked

I can't see us losing a top 4 place. Maybe if we lost Wilf for the rest of the season and another team went on an extraordinary run, but otherwise I think that's safe - I really do.

Just now, trabuch said:

I can't see us losing a top 4 place. Maybe if we lost Wilf for the rest of the season and another team went on an extraordinary run, but otherwise I think that's safe - I really do.

You may very well be right but unfortunately there is no way on god's earth we are going to take that chance when the riches for top 4 are so huge....look at Liverpool in the 3rd Round....a complete youth team plus Lallana and Gomez best a full strength Everton and look how far ahead they are in the league.....Christ they even Jacked off the League Cup for the Club World Cup which in my mind is a nothing cup.

2 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

You may very well be right but unfortunately there is no way on god's earth we are going to take that chance when the riches for top 4 are so huge....look at Liverpool in the 3rd Round....a complete youth team plus Lallana and Gomez best a full strength Everton and look how far ahead they are in the league.....Christ they even Jacked off the League Cup for the Club World Cup which in my mind is a nothing cup.

Exactly especially when you have just seen two players pull up in a game today; we need to prioritise the league and a potential final in the league cup. If we didn’t have that league cup game then I would say go for it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tickler28 said:

This is a good point - and Everton were unforgivably bad for not knocking them out. I just really really want us to win the FA Cup - selfish, I know, but it's been a dream for years (it was massive in my younger days - sadly not so much now).

• Like 1

I think we can field a strong team albeit perhaps not one you'd select for a league match. No need to field academy players, unless there is some promising ones who deserve a chance. No, managed and balanced, with a good 'get out of jail' subs bench, you can field a decent looking side more than capable of progressing.

• Like 1