Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FA Cup 4th Round - Brentford Away

If we want to compete with the big boys we need to start behaving like the big boys and blood young talent....since the Midweek U23 match was postponed some of their better players will be chomping at the bit and a lot fresher than the 1st teamers. Give them a go....not all just a few mixed with the experience of Morgan, Fuchs and Albrighton. I personally would be excited to see new talent play....like I said before all the big teams do it when they are chasing greater prizes.

• Like 1

On 18/01/2020 at 16:49, Voll Blau said:

I could see the other side of the coin if I was some marketing bod, rather than a Leicester supporter.

But it's just ever so slightly dismaying to see my fellow fans trash a trophy which brought happiness to tens of thousands of us.

If wanting to make memories with friends and family that will last a lifetime somehow make me "backward looking", rather than a normal human being, then I'll proudly wear that as a badge of honour.

Oh, and bigger clubs can fvck off. If such snobbery towards the rest of the football pyramid is what's expected of us as fans to be part of their club then I'd rather Leicester City were outside the tent pissing in.

Absolutley Bang 

On 18/01/2020 at 16:49, Voll Blau said:

I could see the other side of the coin if I was some marketing bod, rather than a Leicester supporter.

But it's just ever so slightly dismaying to see my fellow fans trash a trophy which brought happiness to tens of thousands of us.

If wanting to make memories with friends and family that will last a lifetime somehow make me "backward looking", rather than a normal human being, then I'll proudly wear that as a badge of honour.

Oh, and bigger clubs can fvck off. If such snobbery towards the rest of the football pyramid is what's expected of us as fans to be part of their club then I'd rather Leicester City were outside the tent pissing in.

Absolutely "Bang On" post............excellent!

8 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Just a few mixed in...read my full post

Not sure what your point is as your full post to my comment was 8 words long. Must be at cross purposes. Either way I personally don't want Brendan to experiment with kids  that might never even make it in the Pro game. 

Edited by l444ry
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, reynard said:

Going to be a very tough match and a very tough team to call for Rodgers. Can't imagine either Vardy or Mendy will be fit. Don't think Ndidi will be risked. We need Maddison firing on all cyclinders against Villa so he will probably be rested.

Ward will surely play in goal and Justin at right back. Fuchs probably left back. Not sure about the two CBs. Albrighton and Gray will probably get a run out. As to the others who knows.

It would be good to advance but not at the expense of injuries or tiredness affecting our chances on Tuesday night which will be a very tough match at Villa.

Brentford will make several changes as their priority is promotion 

They will not play their first 11

A few changes needed with Villa after which must take priority for me. 

Ward

Justin     Morgan      Benkovic     Chilwell 

Choudhury 

Albrighton   Praet    Tielemans    Gray

Iheanacho 

Subs: Jakupovic, Ricardo, Soyuncu, Ndidi, Barnes, Perez, Maddison 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

This season is the best chance in the CLUB'S RECENT HISTORY to win the FA Cup. 

- We have a banging squad, possibly the best ever 

- We have a manager who values the cups and has experience winning them

- We have no European football to clog our fixture list

- League status is safe, and top 4 is all but safe barring a total collapse in form

- Next season we'll have at least 6 European games to fit in, so as stated above those will take precedent

- The traditional "big 6" are terrible other than 2 of them 

No more "the league takes precedent". No more "we'll have a better chance next year". 

Let's do it NOW.  

Exactly this. I want CL football as much as the next bloke. But we all know next season if we have that. Which 2 competitions do we focus on.

58 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Ward

Choudhury 

Iheanacho 

I'd go with your lineup - 1 swap.

I'd completely rest Maddison.....and put Fuchs on the bench instead (as Ricardo can play up top if needed)

Full weekend off for twinkle toes, ready for Tuesday.

2 hours ago, Gazza M said:

Ward

Choudhury 

Iheanacho 

Good call. I'd change two of your starting XI, bringing in Soyuncu and Perez for Benko & Albrighton.

On the bench, same as yours with Benko & Albrighton replacing them, so same 18.

Ndidi needs 30-45 mins! 

6 hours ago, Gazza M said:

Ward

Choudhury 

Iheanacho 

This is the exact lineup I’d use, except Fuchs for Chilwell.  

I’m not inclined to play Chilwell three times in a week when it’s clear he’s much better fresh. Especially when the next two games are more important. Fuchs may lack for pace but he’s a perfectly competent player and that lineup should be good enough against Brentford. They’re a tough opponent but we’ve already seen what happens when you don’t rotate the squad and I have no desire to lapse back into that sort of quagmire.

4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I’m not inclined to play Chilwell three times in a week when it’s clear he’s much better fresh. Especially when the next two games are more important. Fuchs may lack for pace but he’s a perfectly competent player and that lineup should be good enough against Brentford. They’re a tough opponent but we’ve already seen what happens when you don’t rotate the squad and I have no desire to lapse back into that sort of quagmire.

Didn’t play at Burnley......accept if he plays Villa would be 3 games in a row, but if we are in Europe next year he/we will need to get used to it.......

The people calling for Hirst, James and Kaputska best not be on here complaining if we lose. 

Brentford are a good side, if we play a simply ridiculous team it WILL be forfeiting the cup. 

Now, given we're in a race for top four and a league Cup semi final, I'm okay with that personally. I know the FA Cup is one we all want but there's a time and a place. 

But don't be shouting for the Little Cabbage one minute then acting shocked and angry when he's crap and we lose the next. Brentford aren't Morecambe.