Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FA Cup 4th Round - Brentford Away

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Do Hirst, Muskwe and Eppiah not play for Leicester then, all of them two or three years older than Greenwood.

No they are not in the  'First Team' .. Whats your point here lol 

P.s im happy to play youth my point was just we only have 1 Fully Fit First team striker.

Edited by les-tah

Guest An Sionnach
1 minute ago, les-tah said:

No they are not in the  'First Team' .. Whats your point here lol 

P.s im happy to play youth my point was just we only have 1 fit First team striker.

My point is they are not that young, If they were 17 it might be a risk but they have enough experience now to do a job for us while Vardy is injured . Perez is too small to be a lead striker for us and if we want to protect Kelechi for Villa then these three are a viable option and they are all big lads.

52 minutes ago, les-tah said:

hes also our only fit striker lol  if hes injured were screwed.

“If” 

Lets leave him out for the Villa game then as well, if he gets injured then we’re screwed for the Chelsea game.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Do Hirst, Muskwe and Eppiah not play for Leicester then, all of them two or three years older than Greenwood.

Players need to earn the right to play by forcing their way into the first team squad like Chilwell, Barnes and Choudhury have.

There is every chance that the three players you mention will find themselves playing League One football at 27. Comparing them to Greenwood is ludicrous as he has forced his way into the Man Utd first team squad at 18 and will likely have a great career at the top level. 

Sport is about levels and you'll find the likes of Hirst, Muskwe and Eppiah are probably not going to be the same level as Greenwood. 

Edited by Gerard

Guest An Sionnach
14 minutes ago, Gerard said:

players need to earn the right to play by forcing their way into the first team squad like Chilwell, Barnes and Choudhury have.

There is every chance that the three players you mention will find themselves playing League One football at 27. Comparing them to Greenwood is ludicrous as he has forced his way into the Man Utd first team squad at 18 and will likely have a great career at the top level. 

Maybe they will of course but we only have one fit main striker just now and need cover , Perez is too small and not quick enough to do what Kelechi and Jamie do so it is a viable temporary option.If we have both of them injured at once Rodgers may even have to plead with Monaco and that would be embarrassing.

Edited by An Sionnach

Can't select a team on a fear of someone not picking up an injury!

On that principle you'd never play your best players just in case and they'd get injured in training!

Perez can and would play as a central striker even if Nacho got crocked (he'd probably jump at the chance),

Harvey has played there too and it

wouldn't surprise me to see Barnes there again V the bees.

Go win it city, keep the recovered winning mentality going, its more important than possibly losing a player for a few matches.

I don't even know what team we should try and pick for tomorrow, ideally one that contains as little players as possible that we want for Tuesday and next Saturday.

Ward

Justin

Hughes

Morgan

Fuchs

Choudhury

Gray

Praet

Dewsbury-Hall

Albrighton

Hirst

Subs: Iheanacho, Eppiah, Kapustka, Jakupovic, Leshabela, Evans, Barnes

• Like 2

Yikes a tricky one indeed. Barnes and nachos must keep playing for the confidence building.

hopefully they each bag some goals.

gray and albrighton as they need game time and will have energy. JJ and Fuchs. Let’s get Evans  to command things from the back.

is Morgan ready? Otherwise no rest for soyunku. Ndidi but only because we lost mendy. Would rather he got extra r&r so he’s ready for villa next week. Perez up front and ward in goals. Did I forget chillwell?

we just need to win this without too much stress and energy and leave with no injuries 🤞🏽

It’s nice to have faith in players that don’t regularly start nowadays. Credit to Rodgers for creating an environment where even our squad players are content and look decent. Under Puel our second string were lower championship standard (at best). I want a reasonably strong team out.

Ward

Justin

Morgan 

Soyuncu

Chilwell

Choudhury

Tielemans

Praet

Gray

Iheanacho

Barnes

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Stadt said:

It’s nice to have faith in players that don’t regularly start nowadays. Credit to Rodgers for creating an environment where even our squad players are content and look decent. Under Puel our second string were lower championship standard (at best). I want a reasonably strong team out.

Ward

Justin

Morgan 

Soyuncu

Chilwell

Choudhury

Tielemans

Praet

Gray

Iheanacho

Barnes

I like this team. Solid back 4, the two of which that will be playing again Tuesday are young so should recover easily. That midfield 3 is better than anything they have, and the 3 up top have pace and decent form. 

1 hour ago, Realjimbo said:

Can't select a team on a fear of someone not picking up an injury!

On that principle you'd never play your best players just in case and they'd get injured in training!

Perez can and would play as a central striker even if Nacho got crocked (he'd probably jump at the chance),

Harvey has played there too and it

wouldn't surprise me to see Barnes there again V the bees.

Go win it city, keep the recovered winning mentality going, its more important than possibly losing a player for a few matches.

Tbh I wasn’t thinking about injury I was thinking about recovery and rest time - ideally I’d rather not play any players tomorrow who played on Weds and save that side for Villa!

12 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Ward

Justin

Morgan 

Soyuncu

Chilwell

Choudhury

Tielemans

Praet

Gray

Iheanacho

Barnes

Yes spot on, I'd go with this too.

Its a strange time of the season with us being 14 points clear of 5th place with Feb approaching. I dont think in our wildest dreams we would have hoped to be here. Because we have that cushion, Id be inclined to play our first team here and make a real effort for the Cup. You will imagine many of the other Prem clubs will play weaker teams with Champions League commitments and performing so poorly in the league so it may be our chance.

2 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

Its a strange time of the season with us being 14 points clear of 5th place with Feb approaching. I dont think in our wildest dreams we would have hoped to be here. Because we have that cushion, Id be inclined to play our first team here and make a real effort for the Cup. You will imagine many of the other Prem clubs will play weaker teams with Champions League commitments and performing so poorly in the league so it may be our chance.

Would completely agree were it not for Tuesday night. I want a strong side but with a rest for some key players.