Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FA Cup 4th Round - Brentford Away

4 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Wardeh(if he plays it means he probs wont leak the team)

Justin Morgan Benkz Thomas (or fuchs)

Gray Hamza Praet Albrighton

Hirst Perez

Yep, that's the sort of line up I'd be looking at. Maybe Nacho for Perez, I reckon if Nacho can get on the scoresheet, it'll do his confidence the world of good.And Mendy for Praet of Mendy's fit.

• Thanks 1

I'd change probably 6/7 for this. More than I usually would for this kind of game but Villa's the priority here. I think 6/7 is just about the right amount that balances freshness for Villa and still being able to win this.

What's good is Brentford play Forest when we play Villa, which is a very big game for them so they may do the same.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, twister said:

Wardeh(if he plays it means he probs wont leak the team)

Justin Morgan Benkovic Fuchs

Gray Hamza Praet Albrighton

Hurst Perez

leave a few on the bench this is a very hard away game as brentford are a good side.

Would probably play Soyuncu over Benkovic and what about Nacho, needs a full game. 

We have to risk at the back, particularly centre back but I'd keep Chilwell in. Keep Tielemans and Barnes in for some momentum. Iheanacho up top. Can't completely give up on the fa cup because we're in a semi final of the other cup. 

Ward

Justin

Morgan 

Benkovic

Chilwell

Choudhury

Praet

Tielemans

Gray

Iheanacho

Barnes

Definitely have to balance the team here so that we are not looking tired for Villa away.

Ward

Justin

Morgan

Benkovic

Fuchs

Gray

Praet

Choudhury

Albrighton

Barnes

Iheanacho

Bring Iheanacho off after 60 mins, maybe stick Perez up there. Maybe get someone like George Hirst on the bench to come on for 20/30 mins too (replace Barnes).

I would fancy us to do the job with that side while giving key players a well deserved rest.

Edited by KrefelderFox666

Worth a calculated gamble, this one, so:

Ward

Justin, Morgan, Benkovic, Fuchs

Choudhury

Gray, Tielemans, Praet, Albrighton

Iheanacho

... and a bench full of first teamers (maybe Schmeichel, Soyuncu, Chilwell, Ndidi, Maddison, Barnes, Perez).

I really find it hard to believe how many want us to put out a load of academy kids for this one. Look back at this forum twelve months ago and the place was fuming and up in arms that we were "disrespecting" the cups by not fielding our strongest sides. OK so we were not chasing a CL spot and already in one semi but this is exactly what we all wanted to see. Our team competing on all fronts with a realistic chance of grabbing some silverware.

We are currently the third best team in the country, not because everyone else is poor (they are) but because we are good (and we really are).  The league is the tightest it has ever been with only 4 points separating 5th and 14th place, everyone, with the exception of Liverpool, are taking points off of each other. There are three teams that have been consistently better than the rest and we are one of them.

OK if I was Rodgers and had to prioritise I would Villa ahead of this game but we should still field a strong team. We have shown that our second string are definitely cap[able of getting results so leave the kids at home. We have a depth of experience such as Albrighton, Fuchs, Morgan plus the likes of Choudhary, Praet, Gray etc who can do a job on Brentford

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
1 hour ago, Hammo said:

Worth a calculated gamble, this one, so:

Ward

Justin, Morgan, Benkovic, Fuchs

Choudhury

Gray, Tielemans, Praet, Albrighton

Iheanacho

... and a bench full of first teamers (maybe Schmeichel, Soyuncu, Chilwell, Ndidi, Maddison, Barnes, Perez).

I would go with that bar Ndidi for Gray, Hamza to push forward. Perez to come on if necessary.