Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FA Cup 4th Round - Brentford Away

I personally hope to see a largely squad team out for this and think it fits in perfectly to do so.

Next 5 games are:

Sun - Burnley (a)

Wed - West Ham (h)

Sat - Brentford (a)

Tue - Villa (a) SF 

Sat - Chelsea (h)

This gives us the chance to give the first XI a week off as they play in four more important games twice a week. It's not a disaster to be knocked out the FA Cup at this stage but our squad should be more than capable of giving these a game. 

Edited by Gerard

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

I personally hope to see a largely squad team out for this and think it fits in perfectly to do so.

Next 5 games are:

Sun - Burnley (a)

Wed - West Ham (h)

Sat - Brentford (a)

Tue - Villa (a) SF 

Sat - Chelsea (h)

This gives us the chance to give the first XI a week off as they play in four more important games twice a week. It's not a disaster to be knocked out the FA Cup at this stage but our squad should be more than capable of giving these a game. 

It absolutely is a disaster. It's a shame the way the Villa game falls, but I'd prioritise both over any league fixtures surrounding them.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

It absolutely is a disaster. It's a shame the way the Villa game falls, but I'd prioritise both over any league fixtures surrounding them.

You think? Trying to spin too many plates comes to mind. We are so close to Wembley and also to making sure of champions league - that has to be our priority and anything else is a bonus.

Saying that, all of the FA cup round dates are already penciled into my diary in anticipation!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, rachhere said:

You think? Trying to spin too many plates comes to mind. We are so close to Wembley and also to making sure of champions league - that has to be our priority and anything else is a bonus.

Saying that, all of the FA cup round dates are already penciled into my diary in anticipation!

Agree, full focus on that Villa game. 90 minutes from Wembley. Then focus on the PL games to ensure we don't mess the season up and slip out of Top 4 (which will take some doing).

Brentford are also fully focussed on promotion so I doubt they will prioritise this match. Our "second string" is good enough (beat West Ham away). Rotation over the next 5 games is going to be key, without rotating too much each game. Burnley and Villa full strength, Chelsea/West Ham 1 or 2 changes to keep players fresh, Brentford happy with 5/6/7 changes.

Just now, rachhere said:

Even if we make both cup finals, we’ll still play less games this season than every other top 8 challenger, bar Sheffield United. Let’s go for it on all fronts!

We have a maximum of 23 games remaining this season over 4 months.

We do have a couple of players out of form, but Vards has had a good rest, we have Ndidi to come back and Iheanacho starting to look like the player we all thought we had signed. 
We only have Kasper, Chilwell, Evans, Soyuncu and Tielemans who are regulars for their country too, so the international breaks will largely give most of our players  a couple of weeks off.

• Like 1

LCFC need to bring in Brentford scout in France, Brendan MacFarlane. He's the one who got them Maupay, Benrahma and their other star this year Mbeumo...Benrahma and Maupay came through the Nice academy and were loaned repeatedly by Claude Puel while he give his son chance after chance. Quoi? Nepotism? Jamais! Have Ghezzal and Fousseni Diabaté instead.

On 15/01/2020 at 03:29, Voll Blau said:

I don't know.  Cups are nice, but shouldn't the league be number 1.  We have a real shot at top 4, but its going to be tough.  I say heavy rotation for Villa and Brentford.

I would love to see us win it, but I would rather be in the champions league and all that it entails. As a kid I would rather of won the FA cup than anything, but times have changed, maybe not for the better. Perhaps you didn’t go to the champions league away games. Best experience ever

Edited by Claridge

Money will bring players to city for sure but success will attract more and better players, think of the headlines if we win the FA Cup so soon after the PL!

Personally I don't think we jeopardise a champions league place by playing a strong side at Brentford, let's win the next two league games then play the bees and rest the ones BR reckons need it.

I never thought I'd see my team win the PL, now I want the FA Cup too!

• Like 4

On 15/01/2020 at 11:39, rachhere said:

Absolute common sense!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Metal Lover said:

I don't know.  Cups are nice, but shouldn't the league be number 1.  We have a real shot at top 4, but its going to be tough.  I say heavy rotation for Villa and Brentford.

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

We could make 100 million from the champions league and people think we should prioritise Brentford away in the cup. 😳

Unless I'm personally getting a share of that hundred mill, I'd much rather have  our name on that trophy for the first time thanks.

• Like 1

I live close to Brentford these days and I've been to see them play a few times, they will give anybody a good game, especially at griffin park. Two of their young players to look out for - Zamburek and Okansen. Came off the bench last time I was there but they were both excellent. Like to see them do well. Apart from next Saturday of course. Typically it's next weekend when I'm abroad so can't even watch it on the BBC! Shame. 

1 minute ago, Desabafar said:

Cup or top 4 is like give a man a fish and he will feed his family for a day, teach a man to fish and he will feed his family for life. Top 4 should be priority, massive for the club. 

I am a Pisces...I Love all Things fish..!!

So You cast your line,then wait to See what bites und what you can hook...Sometimes just the  of nibbles,no bites.

Sometimes you can Pull in some beauties...The enjoyment is the casting,then anticipation of the dip of the float....Sometimes it pulls oneway,then the other,or

excitingly dips right under.... Then the question each time,After I have cast ,have the nibbles  become bites,how many can I net & Land,its only the end of the day....are you Happy with the catch,did any slip the hook,did you use the right Bait ?? Then what Tales can you tell afterwards in the pub..

Then all the experts,like on foxestalk, all tell you what you should of done...hook,line, & sinker..:giggle:

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Claridge said:

We could make 100 million from the champions league and people think we should prioritise Brentford away in the cup. 😳

And I'm sure that's exactly what the people that run our club think as well, whatever is said in public. Quite right too, it's a business with a rare (for us) business opportunity not to be missed. The ability to hold on to our best players, replenished coffers to assist in the purchase of better quality recruits, ground improvements and any other infrastructure. 

The wellbeing and fitness of our squad has to be managed, thankfully by professional qualified staff who try to get the maximum performances from them. Top 4 will without doubt and understandably be the priority with the entertaining (not financial incentive) bonus of already having one foot potentially in a cup final. To risk blowing the first target for a supporters romantic dream of an FA cup early round match (where you could by providence pick up a much more demanding tie in the next round anyway if won) is not going to happen. They will obviously put the best team out they can in order to try and win and quite rightly and understandably, that will be that with a bit of verbal sugar coating from Brendan. Leicester City, first and foremost, has to be run as a business if it's to be successful in the long run. Supporters whims and desires will be a more distant consideration.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1