Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FA Cup 4th Round - Brentford Away

15 hours ago, trabuch said:

This is a good point - and Everton were unforgivably bad for not knocking them out. I just really really want us to win the FA Cup - selfish, I know, but it's been a dream for years (it was massive in my younger days - sadly not so much now).

I know and I get it but this season is not the year buddy.

We need to take advantage of the cups this year, next year we will likely have the champions league to worry about so the domestic cups take a back seat. Go for the cups this year when we're in a great league position.

Of course, I don't want any of our best players to get injured and miss Villa so I would make changes to keep certain players fresh but it should be a mixture of first teamers and fringe players, as it has been in every cup game so far. Injuries can happen anytime, Ndidi got injured in training. It just happens and there is always a risk.

We shouldn't be blooding U23's just to fill out the team but I'm certainly in the camp of playing the squad players. Playing our squad team give the first XI a chance to rest up and concentrate on getting us to a cup final on Tuesday and then facing Chelsea on the Saturday.

It's not like we're giving up on the FA Cup as the team we put out are more than capable of not getting beat away at good Championship side.

Iheanacho

Albrighton Praet Choudhury Gray

Mendy (if fit)

Fuchs Benkovic Morgan Justin

Ward

• Like 1

Ward

Justin

Soybean

Evans

Chillwell

Hamza

Gray

Praet

Tielemans

Barnes

Kelechi

Maddison and perez on for Tielemans and Barnes around the 60 mark.

These have a very good front 3, so i'd like to see a strong defence. Morgan and Fuchs would get battered by these on the counter

9 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

This season is the best chance in the CLUB'S RECENT HISTORY to win the FA Cup. 

- We have a banging squad, possibly the best ever 

- We have a manager who values the cups and has experience winning them

- We have no European football to clog our fixture list

- League status is safe, and top 4 is all but safe barring a total collapse in form

- Next season we'll have at least 6 European games to fit in, so as stated above those will take precedent

- The traditional "big 6" are terrible other than 2 of them 

No more "the league takes precedent". No more "we'll have a better chance next year". 

Let's do it NOW.  

All we need to do is avoid Man City and hope someone else knocks them out. I fancy us to beat anybody else in the competition. 

4 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

As long as Man City are in either the League Cup or the FA Cup no other team has a good chance of winning it, at any point.

We were 5000-1 once. We are in a semi final man, dilly ding dilly dong!

Edited by Gamble92
Dilly dong!
  • Like 3

We are not at the level where we can dismiss a competition that we've never win.

Some of us WANT to see us win the FA Cup before we die!!!! 

It'll be hard enough to beat Brentford with s full squad. Let's not add any youth players who could lose confidence if we lose. This could be detrimental to the whole club losing this tie...just remember Wycombe and that guy bought via Teletext!!!!!!

• Like 3

Going to be a very tough match and a very tough team to call for Rodgers. Can't imagine either Vardy or Mendy will be fit. Don't think Ndidi will be risked. We need Maddison firing on all cyclinders against Villa so he will probably be rested.

Ward will surely play in goal and Justin at right back. Fuchs probably left back. Not sure about the two CBs. Albrighton and Gray will probably get a run out. As to the others who knows.

It would be good to advance but not at the expense of injuries or tiredness affecting our chances on Tuesday night which will be a very tough match at Villa.