Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FA Cup 4th Round - Brentford Away

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The people calling for Hirst, James and Kaputska best not be on here complaining if we lose. 

Brentford are a good side, if we play a simply ridiculous team it WILL be forfeiting the cup. 

Now, given we're in a race for top four and a league Cup semi final, I'm okay with that personally. I know the FA Cup is one we all want but there's a time and a place. 

But don't be shouting for the Little Cabbage one minute then acting shocked and angry when he's crap and we lose the next. Brentford aren't Morecambe. 

What’s more important? FA Cup 4th round, Carabao Semi?Only one man will make that decision....they also have a big game Tuesday.....and they known  they won’t win the FA Cup.....

10 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

If Vardy is unfit for Tuesday, not sure he will risk Kelechi.....

Given how few miles he has on the tires I think you could ride Kelechi for all three games. If it’s a matter of injury risk well... Whoever you play as the #9 is going to be someone you don’t want injured unless you call up Hirst from the U-23s.

58 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

What’s more important? FA Cup 4th round, Carabao Semi?Only one man will make that decision....they also have a big game Tuesday.....and they known  they won’t win the FA Cup.....

Carabao cup is obviously more important. Doesn't mean we can't win both though.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Wrighty22 said:

Lawro has us down to lose 2-1.

Good omen. He is possibly the biggest Bell-End come pundit to have played for Liverpool.  And there is immense competition for that crown.  2-0 win Foxes.

• Like 1

Its an interesting one this one. We have Villa in semi final on Tuesday and need players fit and ready for that but a win here puts us into the 5th round of the FA Cup which really adds something else to our season. 

No Vardy, so I would play Perez down the middle. I would rest Kelechi for the Villa game. 

I would rest Evans for Morgan but play Cags. 

I would rest both Riccy and Chilwell as I think James and Fuchs are able deputies. 

Midfield is a bit harder. I would play Gray and Albrighton both are more than capable. Hamza over Wilf simply to preserve Wilf for the Villa and Chelsea games coming up. Praert to start and then out of Tielemans and Madders, the sports science guys have to decide who has the most in the tank because the one who starts will probably play three games this week. 

They're a good team, who create a lot but I also think they will rest a few. 

With the injuries and games coming fast id happily heavily rotate in the FA cup if it means we beat Villa and keep the top 4 form up again.

I wouldn't argue with this .. 

Perez

Barnes

Gray      Praet Hamza   Albrighton

Fuchs  Benko Morgan Justin 

GK

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 2

"...former Liverpool defender Mark Lawrenson has highlighted the “danger” Brentford possess to Leicester – and backed a home win in the capital."

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-brentford-fa-cup-3772659

Excellent! Was hoping he'd say that. Don't think he's got a single one of our results correct for the past 5 years, so we're nailed on for at least a draw and a replay. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

Not with that attiude we won’t. 

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Save Iheanacho? He’s played 11 games. 

He runs like he has piles and/or cramp lol

No, sure you are right and Nacho will play on Saturday

Guest An Sionnach

Nothing to be lost by bringing in one of our not so "youngsters" for this one , Hirst , Eppiah or Muskwe should be more than capable.

This is the team for me!

Ward

Justin     Morgan      Benkovic     Fuchs

Choudhury 

Albrighton   Praet    Tielemans    Gray

Iheanacho 

Subs: Jakupovic, Chilwell, Soyuncu, Ndidi, Barnes, Perez, Maddison 

45 minutes ago, HitchinFox said:

"...former Liverpool defender Mark Lawrenson has highlighted the “danger” Brentford possess to Leicester – and backed a home win in the capital."

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-brentford-fa-cup-3772659

Excellent! Was hoping he'd say that. Don't think he's got a single one of our results correct for the past 5 years, so we're nailed on for at least a draw and a replay. 

Sadly, he got the Burnley one spot on. 

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
2 minutes ago, les-tah said:

hes also our only fit striker lol  if hes injured were screwed.

Do Hirst, Muskwe and Eppiah not play for Leicester then, all of them two or three years older than Greenwood.

Brentford aren't going to win the FA cup......but they have a big chance of the Championship promotion/play-off and playing in the Premier League. Their 6-pointer match against Forest 3 days later is far far more important. I doubt they have the kind of depth in squad that we have.

So it would seem sensible if they played a second team for this match.

That'll do nicely. :thumbup: