Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FA Cup 4th Round - Brentford Away

This is a must win now, lose this and knock on affect after this could hurt us big time. The confidence going into that second leg will be all over the place, for me beat Brentford stay in the FA Cup just incase the League Cup tie doesn't go to plan. Even if it means bring Brentford back for a replay. 

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Haha 1

Isn't it obvious how football works?

We'll lose to West Ham, lose to Brentford.....fans in meltdown. Verbal and online abuse to some of the best players we've ever had.

Shithouse a win at Villa on the law of averages. Form, mood and confidence slowly starts to pick up  on the back of the win and we - against all expectation - produce a magnificent performance in the final v Man City and idolise players that were being called willy pullers a few weeks ago

Edited by Paninistickers
I didn't type nor would ever type willy pullers
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

There's every chance of a meltdown given their form compared to ours, thery're at home, we are rubbish at lunchtime kick offs, it's on telly and it's a ground we're not used to. Any other reasons you need? 

Just saying it's not a fixture I'm concerned about.....West Ham, Villa and Chelsea are the matches I'm concerned about

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FIF said:

BR needs to play his strongest team for this because if we lose total meltdown will follow. Puel II meltdown like.

Disagree completely. We should play a complete reserve side with some youth players....we simply have to many fixtures to put out a string team and expect wins....who knows maybe the reserve team will surprise us like at West Ham

• Like 1

Wednesday night is the most important game of our season so far as we've just lost 2 league matches in a row and 4 out of our last 6 = Play strongest team

Saturday comes to soon to Villa away when we need to play our strongest team as it's a semi final = Complete reserve team

Semi final of cup = Strong line up (bringing back in Ndidi if fit)

Chelsea = whoever has any legs left

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Disagree completely. We should play a complete reserve side with some youth players....we simply have to many fixtures to put out a string team and expect wins....who knows maybe the reserve team will surprise us like at West Ham

This exactly. If we were out of the league cup then yes, I would want a strong team in the FA Cup. We are 90 mins from Wembley, let's not blow that.

• Like 1

On 15/01/2020 at 10:39, Voll Blau said:

All the four pubs at the ground show on Google as being 11 am openings, surely at least one or two bring their hours forward for earl kick-offs though?

Hearing the New Inn is open at 9.  Away fan pub close to the ground.  I'm sure there will be others.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, tickler28 said:

Just saying it's not a fixture I'm concerned about.....West Ham, Villa and Chelsea are the matches I'm concerned about

i agree with you. If we could choose games to win then Id go for all those 3 over Brentford but we can’t choose of course.

In preferential order I’d say Villa, Chelsea, West Ham then Brentford. I think West Ham will be the easiest of 4 tricky games 🙂

We have three potentially season-defining games ahead. Obviously I'd like us to win all three, but if you offered me beating West Ham tomorrow and winning at Villa for a loss at Brentford, I'd take it.

I'm old enough to remember the 1969 FA Cup Final and have always wanted us to with that trophy more than any other (like most, I never dreamed of a top tier title) but as we stand now we have a better chance in the League Cup and winning that (Man C might not turn up?) plus finishing top four would be an outstanding season!