Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FA Cup 4th Round - Brentford Away

3 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Face it, Voll. For some there will always be an excuse not to go for it. To secure a UCL place, to retain the UCL place, being in mid table to "avoid relegation" and down in the Championship so we can win promotion.

Revenue and the prestige of finishing top four trumps winning a trophy. Lifting aloft a cup, which is still ingrained in our history, our pre-match video montage of Walsh and Elliott. Now it's been replaced by pumping the club with money on the off chance we might challenge Man Utd for a top Portugese signing. We might one day have a three-year stint in the UCL. This is football now. End of year accounts are what people look forward to, not trips to Wembley Stadium, unforgettable days with friends and unforgettable moments in cup finals.

Again, and I've said it three times on here already. Why are people putting the scenario of choosing. We are a lifetime clear of fifth, there literally has been no better time for us to go for domestic trophies. Comfortably in the top four, no challenge to the title to worry about, only putting a shine on the season with two trophies.

75g SILVO Silver Polish Wadding, Long Lasting,Jewellery

And I will be the first to volounteer to go to the KP every week to shine those trophies. Surely when people start talking about our club still in with a shout of the treble then we know we are massive. It would take a monumental collapse the likes of which even the England cricket team would be embarrassed by to not finish in the top four now so we should take the oppourtunity to make our mark in the cups where we can. UCL is important in attracting/retaining players of course but, a medal is a medal, something you can show the grandkids. If i were a footballer I would rather be able to put Carabao/FA cup winners medal on my CV than "once played in a UCL group match."

The FA cup final is still a huge deal and is shown on live TV all over the world.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I'd much rather see us lift a trophy than finish financially ahead of other sides. There's no point in going to games if our aim is to be more financially secure than a rival.

I didn't say I agreed with it (I really want that FA Cup in precedence to anything else)...I only said it was well written lol

8 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

If we're going to let our ambitions as a club be held to ransom by what other clubs with more buying/pulling power *might* do, then we might as well all jack in supporting City now because it's absolutely pointless.

As I've said, this argument about whether it's the right season to "go for" the FA Cup has been had on here since we were going for promotion. If we were sat in literally any position in the Premier League table, people would make an argument against it (we could win the league/qualify for Europe via the league/need to finish as high up as possible to retain prize money/need to prioritise survival).

You and many others would rather tell your grandkids about the water buffalo cup than a CL run, fair enough.  But neither you nor I can speak for the players.  They might rather look back on CL contests against the world’s elite, than a cup so devalued, Championship sides play reserves, and the PL will be through with it long before their grandkids exist.  Do you still hear Forest fans brag about the Simod Cup?

The FA Cup brings much more of a history -- and future -- and European rights.  It’s a deeper ache for Leicester supporters and a lot tougher call.  But by the time it nears brass tacks, we’ll know how much the big dogs have strengthened, and whether our “cushion” (and injury list) indeed allows a stroll to the CL.

It's an argument which smacks of a lack of ambition, and like the joy of being a football fan has been totally sucked out of those who make it.

Again, speak for yourself.  I’m a bundle of excitement and joy when I think about City.

I support the football club, not its finances.

Without healthy finances, no club can compete.  Skint (2000s) Leicester didn’t approach a sniff of Wembley.

Sorry to get twee, but as the song goes "whatever will be, will be". It's time to stop fearing the future and enjoying the present.

I don’t fear the future, I think the Club is building a great one.  It is a big challenge which involves tradeoffs.

FWIW, you make your points well.  But there’s shades of gray here, more than one way of looking at this, and whichever way they do, all Leicester fans will be watching and behind the team tonight -- and (hopefully) at Wembley.

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

One of 7 games on TV that weekend (well, Friday to Monday anyway). Surprised Man City game got picked. As if that might be some kind of shock against Fulham :rolleyes:

Also, shock Utd are potentially picked too. 

Leicester City's match at Championship side Brentford will be live on BBC One on Saturday, 25 January (12:45).

19 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

What are we thinking? Sold out at 370+? That's my guess.

At best. Could go at 390 in all honesty. Would imagine that's why theres a then a 20 point drop off not 10.

Edited by Bayfox

9 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

At best. Could go at 390 in all honesty. Would imagine that's why theres a then a 20 point drop off not 10.

Interested to see how it goes considering how 1700 for Burton went relatively low yet Fleetwood at 1095 which would be projected at 400/390 (on todays). 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

8 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

This is probably comparable to Newport last season.

Newport allocation was small as 1030 - that went at 320+, so would be approx 375-380 now - season ticket and say average of 5 to 10 aways, so I think 370+ is a good estimate. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

25 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Newport allocation was small as 1030 - that went at 320+, so would be approx 375-380 now - season ticket and say average of 5 to 10 aways, so I think 370+ is a good estimate. 

Ah yes, 1,600 would have been the bigger allocation that we were refused. But yes, 370+ sounds about right for me. Burton was the 360+ mark I believe which is another comparable fixture.