Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
M0901

Marc Albrighton

11 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Why didn't they then, last summer or in January? I'm certain Enzo would have allowed him to leave.

Really? He’s got someone stewing on the bench that cost us £8m and about 60k a week in wages…. Oh and he wanted him lol 

10 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Really? He’s got someone stewing on the bench that cost us £8m and about 60k a week in wages…. Oh and he wanted him lol 

Of course he'd have allowed him to leave. Certainly at least on loan. Enzo's been banging on since last August about how the squad is too big and players need to leave.

12 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Of course he'd have allowed him to leave. Certainly at least on loan. Enzo's been banging on since last August about how the squad is too big and players need to leave.

Squad so big he waits 80 minutes to make a sub

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

He’s not as good as mavididi or fatawu so what’s the point playing him for sentimental reasons?

How do you know he has hardly played recently last time he played he got an assist and both mavididi and fatawu have had poor games recently

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Some outrageous comments in here.

This league isn’t about just talent, the last few weeks have shown that in abundance.

Marc is the last remaining source of fight, determination and spirit in our team (Jamie’s had it knocked out of him!)

We didn’t get promoted in 2014 on talent alone.

We didn’t survive 2015 on talent alone.

We didn’t do the unbelievable in 2016 on talent alone.

Id love to have him in the squad at the minute, but he’ll go off script and Enzo won’t like that….

Comments about him not getting a gig in league 1/2? **** off. He’s a club legend, plenty of clubs in this league right now would snap your hand off for him. 

He’ll probably be yet another legend we don’t get a chance to give a proper send off to.

Hopefully we've sorted promotion before the last home game and he can start for a deserved send off along with Vardy

1 hour ago, Itsthejoeker said:

Squad so big he waits 80 minutes to make a sub

Praet 54mins Vardy 67mins

Marc's probably played his last game for us which is a shame, I genuinely thought he'd be a big part of this season.

Edited by iancognito

2 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

How do you know he has hardly played recently last time he played he got an assist and both mavididi and fatawu have had poor games recently

How do I know, because I’ve used my eyes and it’s not 2017 anymore

20 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

He got an assit last time he played your eyes are obviously failing you

2.5 months ago against millwall reserves. Fatawu has created the most big chances in the league by about double and mavididi is one of the top scorers for us. Albrighton has never done that

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

2.5 months ago against millwall reserves. Fatawu has created the most big chances in the league by about double and mavididi is one of the top scorers for us. Albrighton has never done that

But not in the last few games and you can't blame him for not doing anything In the last 2 months when he hasn't been given the chance to play.

It's not like fatawu or mavididi managed to create loads of chances against milwall last week is it?

I am surprised he hasn't got a few more minutes from the bench when we've been struggling. But he's not the solution to a lot of our problems, probably just there if we're willing to mix it up a bit.

The guy is an absolute legend but quickly found himself sitting on the bench for West Brom last season too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

But not in the last few games and you can't blame him for not doing anything In the last 2 months when he hasn't been given the chance to play.

It's not like fatawu or mavididi managed to create loads of chances against milwall last week is it?

He hasn’t been given the chance because he’s not as good as those 2, and it would be pointless playing him against camped defences because his crosses would be lapped up by their centre halves. That’s 1 game, in which fatawu teed up iheanacho with the chance that was cleared off the line and the daka header in 90+6. He shouldn’t be in the team it’s as simple as that, love the bloke but you’re living in cloud cuckoo land if you think he’s going to miraculously turn our finishing problems. We’ve missed 78 big chances, that’s nothing to do with the supply

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

He hasn’t been given the chance because he’s not as good as those 2, and it would be pointless playing him against camped defences because his crosses would be lapped up by their centre halves. That’s 1 game, in which fatawu teed up iheanacho with the chance that was cleared off the line and the daka header in 90+6. He shouldn’t be in the team it’s as simple as that, love the bloke but you’re living in cloud cuckoo land if you think he’s going to miraculously turn our finishing problems. We’ve missed 78 big chances, that’s nothing to do with the supply

All we have done in the last two games is lump aimless crosses into the box with no success if we are going to do that why not at least play a player who can actually cross a ball. I like fatawu and mavididi but both are in poor form at the moment and if you think continuing to play them when they are playing awful is the answer you are living in cloud cuckoo land. 

Just because he hasn’t played doesn’t mean that he isn’t as good as the other two that’s like saying armarty was better than soyuncu and  Vestergaard just because he played it’s a ridiculous position to take.

Im not claiming he will definitely be the answer but it is worth trying when the current way isn’t working

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

All we have done in the last two games is lump aimless crosses into the box with no success if we are going to do that why not at least play a player who can actually cross a ball. I like fatawu and mavididi but both are in poor form at the moment and if you think continuing to play them when they are playing awful is the answer you are living in cloud cuckoo land. 

Just because he hasn’t played doesn’t mean that he isn’t as good as the other two that’s like saying armarty was better than soyuncu and  Vestergaard just because he played it’s a ridiculous position to take.

Im not claiming he will definitely be the answer but it is worth trying when the current way isn’t working

Change the failing plan!!!???...

Ridiculous!

Wash your mouth out 😂

Might as well give players like Albrighton, coady and Nacho a chance. Said it elsewhere but what’s the worst that will happen? We play rubbish and lose? That’s been happening for months now anyway and will continue to happen if we don’t change something. We need a personnel and shape change, anyone can see it. Whether it’s Albrighton or not (I would personally give him a game) SOMETHING has to change or we’re sleepwalking in to the playoffs.

51 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

No it isn’t, tell me the last time Albrighton was top of an assists chart or scored more than 2 goals in a season. If you think that albrighton is better than fatawu or mav even in bad form then I don’t know what to suggest. He couldn’t get in West Brom’s team last season so why waste time to be sentimental thinking it’s 2017 again. The current way isn’t working because the manager won’t play a conventional back 4 which would mean teams wouldn’t have half a pitch to run into and get at faes and Vestegaard, and also means that the wingers wouldn’t be isolated as they’d have a full back in support.  It’s also not working because the strikers aren’t putting chances away. Albrighton wouldn’t solve any of that so why the sudden need to get him involved, it’s clear to anyone that the wingers aren’t a problem, it’s the system. A good manager would have won this league already with the same personnel  

10 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Might as well give players like Albrighton, coady and Nacho a chance. Said it elsewhere but what’s the worst that will happen? We play rubbish and lose? That’s been happening for months now anyway and will continue to happen if we don’t change something. We need a personnel and shape change, anyone can see it. Whether it’s Albrighton or not (I would personally give him a game) SOMETHING has to change or we’re sleepwalking in to the playoffs.

Easiest way to solve it is to stop with the inverted full backs. Teams are countering whenever Ricardo pushes into midfield and consequently when opposition win the ball back they’ve got a counter on with a gaping rb spot and Faes and Vestegaard covering. By switching to a normal back 4 they wouldn’t have the huge spaces left by the rb and the wingers would have support and be able to create overloads down the flanks with overlapping backs. The personnel isn’t really a problem, it’s the system and until that changes albrighton or Ronaldo aren’t going to make any difference whatsoever

2 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Easiest way to solve it is to stop with the inverted full backs. Teams are countering whenever Ricardo pushes into midfield and consequently when opposition win the ball back they’ve got a counter on with a gaping rb spot and Faes and Vestegaard covering. By switching to a normal back 4 they wouldn’t have the huge spaces left by the rb and the wingers would have support and be able to create overloads down the flanks with overlapping backs. The personnel isn’t really a problem, it’s the system and until that changes albrighton or Ronaldo aren’t going to make any difference whatsoever

Ripping up the system we have played all season (with some success) and reverting to a whole new system that has not been trained is bonkers. Not saying there are not issues, but this is not the answer. Drop Wilf back make us more stable (not required) or swap out Faes, or countless other options, but a whole system change be suicide.

7 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Why didn't they then, last summer or in January? I'm certain Enzo would have allowed him to leave.

He’s on massive wages. Nobody will match them. He will not be short of offers come the summer and I expect him to be playing in the championship as a minimum next season. I could even see Luton signing him if they stay up.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, dooflip said:

He’s on massive wages. Nobody will match them. He will not be short of offers come the summer and I expect him to be playing in the championship as a minimum next season. I could even see Luton signing him if they stay up.

West Brom matched them last year. Why didn't a similar sized club match them this year? Oh yes, because he was totally ineffective for them.