Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
M0901

Marc Albrighton

41 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Just romanticised nonsense, he’s nowhere near a starter at premier league level even bottom 3, and couldn’t get a game at West Brom last season when they finished 9th. His end product just isn’t good enough and he has no variety to his game. Have absolutely loved Marc’s time here, especially his goals in big European games but he’s not a starter for any champ top half teams, however his experience would have been invaluable during this run in so I would like to have seen him feature a lot more than he has, like others have said it would have been interesting to see him given a go in the inverted full back role. I think he could have had a decent go at a cdm role in a more traditional system 

I think that may be a tad harsh. 

He has a certain skill set and his end product has always been a strong point for him. Granted, he’s not as good as he was due to age but i think it’s all about what system he plays in. I honestly don’t think he would look out of place in a team like Ipswich who base there game on organisation and discipline, he has always and will always be great at that and that takes a type of mental strength that loads of players do not have. Take Mavadidi, for instance, he could never work iin a Pearson system whereas Marc would thrive.That’s not to take anything away from Mav as there will never be a day where Albrighton dribbles through 5 and makes something happen out of nothing.

I have always said Albrighton was 10 years too late. in a traditional 4-4-2 he would have made it to a top club, problem is that position of RM doesn’t exist anymore.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure why, when our starting eleven are tired and out of ideas under Enzo’s tactics, we don’t have Albrighton in the team (let alone on the pitch) ready to provide options with his early long balls???

Instead of relying on Vesty, Doyle or oh gosh Faes for their long balls from the back, surely Albrighton provides a much better option? Vardy may also get some service afterall?

Enzo seems to not like to use squad players. 

It also baffles me why he doesn’t like to mix things up from time to time.

Should be on the bench at least and called upon when needed, like that last night. Far too direct for Enzo though and doesn't invert from the right. 

OK, I've just noticed he was on the bench lol but that's even worse that he wasn't used.

Edited by RowlattsFox

He's the perfect player to come on when we are creating nothing against a parked bus. He can play cross field passes, he can cross the ball into the box and he can whip the ball behind the back line.

I get why he doesn't start, but games like last night a perfect for him to come on in the final 20 minutes.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Ricey said:

He's the perfect player to come on when we are creating nothing against a parked bus. He can play cross field passes, he can cross the ball into the box and he can whip the ball behind the back line.

I get why he doesn't start, but games like last night a perfect for him to come on in the final 20 minutes.

Bring him on and throw Harry Souttar up front, 1-0 10 to go, what have we got to lose?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RYM said:

the last thing poundlound pep wants is for us to cross it

The thing is, we cross it quite a lot. Mostly floated balls to the back post. Why not bring on a player who is one of the best around at doing that.

• Like 1

Also for his experience, composure and decision making, been there, seen it, done it, the F.A. Cup tie Vs Birmingham was a classic example of the maturity and game intelligence he has. Don't know if he's vocal enough to be called a leader but certainly reliable enough not to put us into trouble with brain farts.

• Like 1

The reason Albrighton doesn't play is that he does and always has had a habit of giving the ball away. I still think he should be given a chance, but I think thats the reason why.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

The reason he isn't being used is sadly he's past it. As good as he's been be will  struggle to find a L1 ir L2 club after us. 

Time has caught up with him.

As much as we are struggling he's not the answer. 

As much as he isn't the answer for us, he'd probably get a gig in league 1 or 2 fairly easily if he fancies it and isn't arsed about the cash.

22 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

The reason he isn't being used is sadly he's past it. As good as he's been be will  struggle to find a L1 ir L2 club after us. 

Time has caught up with him.

As much as we are struggling he's not the answer. 

People see him as the answer because he's not played. This is a guy that 12 months ago could barely get in the WBA team. Love everything he has done for the club, but if he had started the last 2 games everyone would be moaning about how crap he is and quizzing why on earth he is starting.

Edited by Chelmofox

17 minutes ago, Koke said:

It's 2024 and people still want this guy in the team. ****ing hell.

Hang on a minute. We just lost 0-1 to Plymouth we are creating little. Our wingers are so predictable. Your saying the Albrighton / Vardy partnership doesn’t exist anymore because I’m pretty sure we saw it pretty recently work 

• Like 1

He’s never let us down and his directness is exactly what we need when chasing games. People saying he’s lost it I disagree we could utilize him much better than we are 

For all the love fatawuu and Mavi get some games they just aren’t on it, it’s consistency and happens with wingers. I never understand when we are chasing a game why he doesn’t put Marc on 

On 10/04/2024 at 09:25, Ricey said:

I’d start him. The way we play (with basically no right back) he’d make us more solid defensively as well as providing decent options attacking wise 

Fatawuu coming on as a sub against a tired defence is a bonus plus he needs resting