Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
M0901

Marc Albrighton

23 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Easiest way to solve it is to stop with the inverted full backs. Teams are countering whenever Ricardo pushes into midfield and consequently when opposition win the ball back they’ve got a counter on with a gaping rb spot and Faes and Vestegaard covering. By switching to a normal back 4 they wouldn’t have the huge spaces left by the rb and the wingers would have support and be able to create overloads down the flanks with overlapping backs. The personnel isn’t really a problem, it’s the system and until that changes albrighton or Ronaldo aren’t going to make any difference whatsoever

Just blaming it on the system is playing into rhetoric that this is the best bunch of players to ever play in the Championship. They really aren't. The genesis of this squad leaked goals like you wouldn't believe last season. Just switching to 4-3-3 would create different issues and I genuinely don't believe that Riccy or JJ would have been able to play anywhere near the amount of games they have, nor would Doyle or Jannik have been able to be as influential as they are in another system.

The inverted role has been exploited by smash and grabs on too many occasions now. But the inverted role will work better for the remaining games (maybe Preston will be the exception). I would expect it to be more like the Norwich game from here on where Riccy was immense all game and transitioned between the in and out of possession roles really well. 

Edited by Chelmofox

3 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I dont agree he's the answer. What is it he's going to do? He floats too many crosses and we haven't got the forwards to attack them. 

‘I don’t agree he’s the answer’ - what does this even mean? 

No some of us just think he could play a part and give us a different attacking option, like he did against Millwall and Brum in Jan 

41 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

He'll be determined to play against West Brom..

Not sure he’ll be fussed but the great think about Marc is…

he will 100% be determined to ensure we get promoted and he plays a part in that.

He made a huge difference in 14/15 comeback (one of the changes NP made in the turnaround),  15/16 title win, Champions league and FA Cup win. This would be a great way for him to finish with us. 

1 hour ago, dylanlegend said:

Not sure he’ll be fussed but the great think about Marc is…

he will 100% be determined to ensure we get promoted and he plays a part in that.

He made a huge difference in 14/15 comeback (one of the changes NP made in the turnaround),  15/16 title win, Champions league and FA Cup win. This would be a great way for him to finish with us. 

What sort of post is this 😂 do you think any professional footballer isnt 100% determined to get their job done, they’d double their contracts getting promoted. All the accolades are brilliant but you’re going back 10 years, he’s not the same player and couldn’t get in West Brom’s team last year hes not just going to come back into the team and save our season. Fed up of this romanticised Roy of the rovers clap trap 

2 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

‘I don’t agree he’s the answer’ - what does this even mean? 

No some of us just think he could play a part and give us a different attacking option, like he did against Millwall and Brum in Jan 

That picking Albrighton isn't going to somehow magically change anything. What did you think it ment? 

All it will lead to is people declaring him finished 

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

What sort of post is this 😂 do you think any professional footballer isnt 100% determined to get their job done, they’d double their contracts getting promoted. All the accolades are brilliant but you’re going back 10 years, he’s not the same player and couldn’t get in West Brom’s team last year hes not just going to come back into the team and save our season. Fed up of this romanticised Roy of the rovers clap trap 

Yes I do think many professional footballers won’t give 100%. 

I also think this team is crying out for a player like Albrighton who has experience, nouse and bottle. I’d have him involved in the last 4 games without question. 

7 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

Yes I do think many professional footballers won’t give 100%. 

I also think this team is crying out for a player like Albrighton who has experience, nouse and bottle. I’d have him involved in the last 4 games without question. 

Utterly delusional then, what is there that suggests this team aren’t giving 100%. Why would Marc albrighton give 100% when there’s 4 games to go and a leg break or acl tear could mean he doesn’t get a contract as a free agent next season? 
He can provide his experience and nouse in a dressing room setting he doesn’t need to be on the pitch and unfortunately he’s not good enough to be on the pitch anymore. Dropping our top assister and 2nd top scorer just for sentimentality is ****ing mental, especially for a 34 year old who couldn’t get in West Brom’s team last season

8 hours ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

So you think Nacho is giving 100% this season, or Youri was last?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Utterly delusional then, what is there that suggests this team aren’t giving 100%. Why would Marc albrighton give 100% when there’s 4 games to go and a leg break or acl tear could mean he doesn’t get a contract as a free agent next season? 
He can provide his experience and nouse in a dressing room setting he doesn’t need to be on the pitch and unfortunately he’s not good enough to be on the pitch anymore. Dropping our top assister and 2nd top scorer just for sentimentality is ****ing mental, especially for a 34 year old who couldn’t get in West Brom’s team last season

Bit harsh saying utterly delusional 😂 

Look at it this way in a few similar scenarios. 

A) You’ve been asked to play a game of 6 a side, before your game.

B) You’re leaving a job next month. 

Do you give 100% in that, or do you conserve yourself and coast? 

Some people will, some people won’t. Everyone is different.

This is basically the same as players running down their contracts. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Just blaming it on the system is playing into rhetoric that this is the best bunch of players to ever play in the Championship. They really aren't. The genesis of this squad leaked goals like you wouldn't believe last season. Just switching to 4-3-3 would create different issues and I genuinely don't believe that Riccy or JJ would have been able to play anywhere near the amount of games they have, nor would Doyle or Jannik have been able to be as influential as they are in another system.

The inverted role has been exploited by smash and grabs on too many occasions now. But the inverted role will work better for the remaining games (maybe Preston will be the exception). I would expect it to be more like the Norwich game from here on where Riccy was immense all game and transitioned between the in and out of possession roles really well. 

The smash and grabs could have had the same outcome whatever system we play.

They would park the bus and look to hit on the counter against 442 or any other formation.

The defence is 2nd best in the league. In all the games we've lost, we've created more than enough clear cut chances to win, we've just not taken them.

The championship is highly competitive and our squad is a long way from being the best of all-time, we only had 1 outfield player in the team of the season ffs.

17 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I dont agree he's the answer. What is it he's going to do? He floats too many crosses and we haven't got the forwards to attack them. 

And we have two CBs who are poor headers of the ball. Vesty being so tall is so bad at it.  Souttar on the other hand can play forward just to head balls towards goal. Oh wait, he is not even on the bench.

3 hours ago, trooky said:

The smash and grabs could have had the same outcome whatever system we play.

They would park the bus and look to hit on the counter against 442 or any other formation.

The defence is 2nd best in the league. In all the games we've lost, we've created more than enough clear cut chances to win, we've just not taken them.

The championship is highly competitive and our squad is a long way from being the best of all-time, we only had 1 outfield player in the team of the season ffs.

Leeds suffered their own smash and grab on Saturday. Liverpool and Arsenal couldn't put anything away at all yesterday. 

I honestly don't think putting 2 up top or knackering Riccy R up as an overlapping wing back roles changes anything. It's all mental and it's going to take a single moment of 'something' to break the cycle. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Sampson said:

Get the horrible feeling he’s just gonna go with zero victory lap. Just like King, Wes and Kasper. We really need to arrange something for his final game 

Hopefully get promotion (and even the title) wrapped up before the Blackburn game. Then I'm sure Enzo will start him so he can have his farewell.

• Like 2