Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
M0901

Marc Albrighton

Scored 2 of the most memorable goals in the club's history against Brugge and Sevilla.

Him coming into the side when we switched to 3-5-2 was one of the major things that got us going during the great escape season.

May not really fit into Rodgers more passing style but will never forget how superb he was during our great escape run, title-winning season and Champions League run.

• Like 2

I do love the guy and he is a legend, however you can see why he doesn't feature too much now. He doesn't fit our type of play now. He's a great crosser of the 'put it in the right place' cross but he doesn't really pick players out. He's struggling a bit today. Like I said legend though! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I do love the guy and he is a legend, however you can see why he doesn't feature too much now. He doesn't fit our type of play now. He's a great crosser of the 'put it in the right place' cross but he doesn't really pick players out. He's struggling a bit today. Like I said legend though! 

You can't talk like that on here, sentiment is vastly overrated by many a football fan.

Enough is enough.

I can think of one moment of genuine quality this season - that cross to Vards that ended up in a goal against Newcastle . Whenever he starts he whittles away the opportunity. Most players have thrived under Rodgers - telling Albrighton hasn't. 

His contract is up in a couple of years. We should sell in the summer to reap some sort of profit.

:ph34r:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, martyn said:

Enough is enough.

I can think of one moment of genuine quality this season - that cross to Vards that ended up in a goal against Newcastle . Whenever he starts he whittles away the opportunity. Most players have thrived under Rodgers - telling Albrighton hasn't. 

His contract is up in a couple of years. We should sell in the summer to reap some sort of profit.

I see what you did there 😀

Doesn't offer much these days. He can hang around if he wants to but if we buy another winger now or summer his minutes will be even less. He's only 30. Too young to not be paying regular football. His time here is up sadly.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, martyn said:

Enough is enough.

download.jpeg

Guest An Sionnach

He looked a bit rusty I admit but was still better than Gray . Marc knows how to defend which so many wingers are clueless at. All those who think you can just go out and buy someone better are kidding themselves. Unless you are talking huge money these players are near impossible to find.

Fuchs and Morgan seem to be able to not play for weeks and weeks and then come in and do well. Albrighton clearly looks rusty and has almost every appearance this season. He's been crap in every cup game and mildly better in the league. 

Will always be a legend but I can see him wanting a new challenge next season and we shouldn't stand in his way.

He's been past his best for a while now but he has been an outstanding player for the club. He's earned his place in our record books. There comes a time for all players to move on and I think he is closing in on his. I trust the club will show the respect that is due to him, whatever he chooses to do next.

• Like 1

Top fella but in truth both him and Gray likely to be viewed as players who need to play more regularly and simply wont here. 

Would imagine Albrighton likely to be of interest to his boyhood club Villa. Gray could be given a Prem second chance by another, 15m about right price as relatively young still.

Squads and teams evolve and gotta feeling these pair fit that mould.