Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
M0901

Marc Albrighton

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Wasn't that a dive by Mane? I seem to recall being livid with the decision. 

Yes he made contact with Mane but he jumped down, holding the leg that hadn’t made contact with Albrighton.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

It always remain a big mystery, that season he had the most assists in the premier league. It's to hard to believe that despite Leicester winning the premier league that year, when it came to the euros just one Leicester player was picked... Vardy. While the likes of Simpson, Drinkwater and Albrighton were all over all looked. Yet six Spuds player were picked! no wonder we were shit in that euros. 

Hate to be that guy, but he was nowhere near. He had 6 assists that season - tied for 20th in the PL. Ozil led the league with 19 assists. Riyad made the top ten with 11 assists. Drinkwater had 7 assists. Vardy also had 6.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Wasn't that a dive by Mane? I seem to recall being livid with the decision. 

You are spot on - Mane went down in about 4 stages - 94th Minute - I was absolutely livid too - It was a clear try on and cheating of the highest order 

Mark apologised to the away fans at the time as I think he gave the ball away.. 

It's impossible not to like him and he will be considered quite rightly, a true legend of the club - That goal against Seville still gives me Goosebumps. 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner

Guest leatherhead32
1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Never forget that Sevilla goal. 

Outside of picking up the Premier League it's got to be the best moment at the KP.

a  great pro and seems a proper bloke kind u wana  live next door to, cant see me moving near him so if hes ever on his bones and has to move in flat next door hes welcome to have a cuppa , and no i dont want your shirt mark.  yeah seville winner was bliss , thanks villa your loss our legend.

15 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

It always remain a big mystery, that season he had the most assists in the premier league. It's to hard to believe that despite Leicester winning the premier league that year, when it came to the euros just one Leicester player was picked... Vardy. While the likes of Simpson, Drinkwater and Albrighton were all over all looked. Yet six Spuds player were picked! no wonder we were shit in that euros. 

Vardy was worth his place and Drinkwater should have gone but not Albrighton or Simpson.

We were rubbish because we were managed by Hodgson, end of. He had two very good strikers (Vardy and Kane) yet would persist with one up top. It wasn't a fantastic squad but any half decent manager would have taken that squad further. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NasPb said:

He should be playing more in this run in. The mistreatment of him and coady is a stick to beat our coach with. 

I love Albrighton.. But part of Enzo remit is to help, build up, developer the younger potentially quite good players.. & use Albrighton around the squad with

Odd cameo games or sub... Despite being one of the best crosses in the top 2 leagues.. 

TO return to him as our nr 1 Winger or WB...would rightly send FT into a rightious movement meltdown.. 

Fatawu and Mavididi are rightly Enzo's

Front presses.. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I love Albrighton.. But part of Enzo remit is to help, build up, developer the younger potentially quite good players.. & use Albrighton around the squad with

Odd cameo games or sub... Despite being one of the best crosses in the top 2 leagues.. 

TO return to him as our nr 1 Winger or WB...would rightly send FT into a rightious movement meltdown.. 

Fatawu and Mavididi are rightly Enzo's

Front presses.. 

i agree generally, just think there are times we really really need the experience and the stubborn nature of maresca has costed us some games.  

Always thought of Albrighton as the ever consummate professional.

Always tries hard on the pitch and never seems one to complain.

Hope the club would assist him with his coaching badges (assuming that's what he would like to do upon his retirement), would like to think that he could go on to be a good manager.

Who knows in years to come he could be our stand out manager!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

You got laughed at because you said he should play right back 

Why not? Hamza does it too but he can’t make those early crosses like Albrighton can.

Also, if he does not play right back, then it is hard to find a spot elsewhere. I can’t imagine he plays in front of our two wingers at the moment.

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

Why not? Hamza does it too but he can’t make those early crosses like Albrighton can.

Also, if he does not play right back, then it is hard to find a spot elsewhere. I can’t imagine he plays in front of our two wingers at the moment.

He’s played right back - it was a disaster 

He got sent off and we lost 5/0. Then played the position again and we lost 6-3, 

that’s before the role changed into effectively being a centre midfielder 

Absolutely love Albrighton, he has been a terrific servant, great professional and very good role model to mentor to the younger players. Probably a little bit of a traditional old school type of winger rather than the modern day inside forward, he has always shown his worth and made vital

contributions under all the managers he has played under. 

Would love to see him stay on at the club working with our academy prospects if a career in coaching is a path he wishes to go down, however I think he will want to carry on his playing career and can see him ending up somewhere like a Walsall or Burton for a couple of seasons, before hanging up his boots. The world moves on but will be a very sad day when he leaves the club at the end of the season. 

2 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Absolutely love Albrighton, he has been a terrific servant, great professional and very good role model to mentor to the younger players. Probably a little bit of a traditional old school type of winger rather than the modern day inside forward, he has always shown his worth and made vital

contributions under all the managers he has played under. 

Would love to see him stay on at the club working with our academy prospects if a career in coaching is a path he wishes to go down, however I think he will want to carry on his playing career and can see him ending up somewhere like a Walsall or Burton for a couple of seasons, before hanging up his boots. The world moves on but will be a very sad day when he leaves the club at the end of the season. 

I think he can quite easily be a starter in most Championship teams or even a team like Burnley, Luton or Wolves in the Premier League. There are not many who can cross better than Albrighton can while running with the ball.

Edited by Tom12345

On 15/03/2024 at 06:27, Tom12345 said:

I think he can quite easily be a starter in most Championship teams or even a team like Burnley, Luton or Wolves in the Premier League. There are not many who can cross better than Albrighton can while running with the ball.

Just romanticised nonsense, he’s nowhere near a starter at premier league level even bottom 3, and couldn’t get a game at West Brom last season when they finished 9th. His end product just isn’t good enough and he has no variety to his game. Have absolutely loved Marc’s time here, especially his goals in big European games but he’s not a starter for any champ top half teams, however his experience would have been invaluable during this run in so I would like to have seen him feature a lot more than he has, like others have said it would have been interesting to see him given a go in the inverted full back role. I think he could have had a decent go at a cdm role in a more traditional system 

• Like 1