Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Certainly not me, and I would honestly be surprised if there were. People haven't seen friends and family in weeks, they've cancelled holidays, days out, missed people birthdays. People haven't seen loved ones before they've passed on, funerals have had limited attendance. Muslims have had to completely change their usual fast breaking traditions during Ramadan. I don't care who it is, what party they are affiliated to, if they do shit like this they deserve all the criticism they are getting. I was pissed about Calderwood and Ferguson and I didn't know who they were before they broke the rules.

Not everyone but there would be some, as I’m sure you will acknowledge.

Same as not every Tory on here is defending him. I don’t know why they would to be honest, he isn’t elected. 

20 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Certainly not me, and I would honestly be surprised if there were. People haven't seen friends and family in weeks, they've cancelled holidays, days out, missed people birthdays. People haven't seen loved ones before they've passed on, funerals have had limited attendance. Muslims have had to completely change their usual fast breaking traditions during Ramadan. I don't care who it is, what party they are affiliated to, if they do shit like this they deserve all the criticism they are getting. I was pissed about Calderwood and Ferguson and I didn't know who they were before they broke the rules.

I'll add to this, I think there will be a few who defend him regardless, we've seen the mps and some on here. There will no doubt be some who are chomping at the bit to go at him because of who he is. There'll be people on both sides pretty much not bothered by it all. But there will be some people who over the last few years who have lapped up Cummings messages on Brexit and voting Boris in who are gonna be pretty pissed off at this. Don't expect them to listen again, don't expect votes next time. That's what happens when you treat the public like mugs. 

Edited by Facecloth

6 minutes ago, davieG said:

Nothing wrong with that but people should express their views and then move on all the rest is pointless and ruins the thread for those interested in what else is happening regarding this killer virus.

I keep popping in to but all I've seen for the last day or two is this endless argument.

if there was a better, more interesting story to talk about in this thread then that would be what’s dominating the last few pages, surely? isn’t that the whole point of a forum, whatever people are talking about most is gonna be at the top of the board? 

the sad part is that as a story this will die a death as soon as a new coronavirus related story comes out, and as a disgusting individual cummings will get away with it scott free. 

and we’ll just hang around waiting for the next politician to do something nobody else would even dare to do and all his mates will say that’s actually fine. and so on. 

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue

The oxford team developing the vaccine for coronavirus are concerned the virus is disappearing that fast they may not have enough people who are infected to trial it on.🤔

11 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

if there was a better, more interesting story to talk about in this thread then that would be what’s dominating the last few pages, surely? isn’t that the whole point of a forum, whatever people are talking about most is gonna be at the top of the board? 

the sad part is that as a story this will die a death as soon as a new coronavirus related story comes out, and as a disgusting individual cummings will get away with it scott free. 

and we’ll just hang around waiting for the next politician to do something nobody else would even dare to do and all his mates will say that’s actually fine. and so on. 

The point is people are just repeating themselves nothing new is being added and I don't want to trail through pages of pointless arguments to find if there is anything in the thread that is new and of interest.

I just don't understand why people aren't bored with their own repeated arguments.

I likewise don't want to spend my time or filling the thread up with debating the point I'm making I've made it responded twice now and that's my last words on it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

The oxford team developing the vaccine for coronavirus are concerned the virus is disappearing that fast they may not have enough people who are infected to trial it on.🤔

Cummings was a visionary then. Let's get out there and spread it!

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

I think that’s actually what happened with attempts to develop a vaccine for SARS. Still plenty of places in the world to test it though (unfortunately). Perhaps Mexico or Brazil. Not sure if that’s a practical option for this particular group.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

10 hours ago, Father Ted said:

And just like Brexit, you'll be proven wrong again... in the words of the beautiful man Dom 😎

You spelt 'snivelling little worm' wrongly. For all your defence of him, he holds you in contempt. Mind you, the sight of the Tories ripping themselves apart is a lovely one.

15 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Sounds like he's pretty ****ed tbh. With the first one I can understand it, but if he's been daytripping around then he needs the axe. Suppose it will come down to if there's any actual evidence he was out and about. 

It's so explosive and so much hangs on it that I can't see it being the wishful thinking of embittered Remainers on Facebook. The noting down of his number plate is huge with the proliferation of CCTV and number plate recognition.

The press has played a blinder with this; releasing part of the story to get the Cabinet falling over themselves to defend him, followed by more info that's genuinely indefensible and will hole their credibility, as well as that of DC, for good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

How many mp’s have come out against him now ..... was four the last time I looked and counting .....

It's knocking on the door of double figures now. Full backbench rebellion on the way.

Just now, WigstonWanderer said:

I can imagine he’s made a fair few enemies along the way, Brexiteers as well as Remainers.

And crucially the MSM which was my point yesterday...... they say that you need to be nice to people on the way up because you never know when you might need them and you certainly will on the way down ......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

I suspected that Baker wouldn’t have gone public like that if he hadn’t had conversations that plenty of others would follow ....

Baker is a huge name to come out against him as it completely destroys the narrative that DC's few remaining allies want to present of it being solely a revenge mission by Remainers. 

When you read into his history, the man is thoroughly disliked by all but Johnson and Gove's closest allies in the Tory Party.

37 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Good thing I guess (if true)?

I was going to reply to @MattP's post but it seems anything regarding Corbyn is being deleted.

We can criticise Cummings, we know what he did. It's not political, it's out there. Speculating what would be the reaction if it was Corbyn is politicising it. Message at the top is pretty clear.

2 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Now a third according to this tweet from two weeks ago.

there’s quite a few tweets of him being in durham that weekend (VE weekend i think?) but i’m not sure we should be crucifying anyone based on some tweets from random accounts, firstly because anyone can lie on twitter and secondly because we’ve all seen what bot accounts can do. 

it did seem weird to me that nobody has picked up the fact he seems to have spent a decent amount of this lockdown wandering round saying hi to strangers in parks before these stories broke. 

8 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I was going to reply to @MattP's post but it seems anything regarding Corbyn is being deleted.

We can criticise Cummings, we know what he did. It's not political, it's out there. Speculating what would be the reaction if it was Corbyn is politicising it. Message at the top is pretty clear.

oh man don’t tell me i waited 24 hours for matt p to blame corbyn for cummings wanting to see some bluebells at the other end of the country and his post got deleted before i could laugh at it, 😔

• Haha 3