Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

27 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Surely it’s too late once they’re infected ?  

Surely they need to vaccinate a trial and then ensure they don’t actually contract the virus when exposed to it ....... but If there isn’t much of the virus out there then it’s impossible to test that ????

Yep. In the trials you’re injected with a vaccine, one protects against covid, the other is a meningitis booster and half get one and half the other. Everyone then carries on with their daily lives. Then after a few months, the hope is that the meningitis people will have antibodies and the covid ones won’t. This is how they can see if it’s effective. 

Brexit’s gone lads. Law is passed. If anything, the prolonging and distraction of this will hurt ‘remoaners’ and increase the chances of a hard brexit. 

To discredit the Guardian/Mirror with their sources, which is further published by the Times and The Telegraph. All journalists with NCTJ and as a press publisher open to libel claims. 

Then use a twitter account by a fervent pro Tory/Brexit account and a Guido Fawkes website. Come on. It would be like using Byline Times or Novara media to back your point up.

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 3

Seriously 20 or so pages on the man, can he not have his own thread Or can we just have a vote on him as we are missing the CV19 stuff and important bits like @Markyblue posted is being missed by all this chaff.

I’m a blue, government need to say why it was ok or request / make him step down

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Its easy for the government to defend if this becomes an attack from the anti brexit crowd.

The fact the mail, telegraph and spectator are all leading on it though would very much suggest it isn't.

The replies, they are devastated. lol 

You know it's bad when even JHB is sticking the boot in.

Also, has anyone else had one of these "Epoch Times" come through the door? Basically some American conspiracy group's publication of a CCP cover-up.

https://www.newstatesman.com/science-tech/internet/2020/04/councillors-politicians-uk-trump-conspiracy-theory-outlet-epoch-times-coronavirus

Edited by RonnieTodger

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

I am curious, do people believe all tweets? Or just those that suit their personal agendas?

Probably the latter from both sides sadly.

Confirmation bias has got worse over time sadly.

I like the line in Uncle where the kid says ' I read the Guardian and the Daily Mail, just for balance.' Think more people should do that and keep an open mind.

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

So why are the ones calling for Cummings demise the arch Brexiteers? 

There may be a case of getting one over Cummings with this but this is far removed from Brexit. 

I must admit I'm surprised by Baker's input.  But then again I'm not.  Cummings disdain for the ERG goes back a long time.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-erg-are-remain-s-useful-idiots

the last two pages of this thread have absolutely done me. fair play. amazing stuff, not sure how on earth you’re meant to discuss that. i’m out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Markyblue
11 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

FFS lol :doh: This is becoming absolutely hilarious!

Thats nothing i saw elvis working in a chip shop in syston.

2 hours ago, Blue-fox said:

Don’t know if it’s been stated earlier but the press surrounding Cummings were ridiculous. No social distancing between themselves, also his face. Whatever he has or hasn’t done in normal circumstances that isn’t right or fair, and even more so when we have to keep to the distancing rules. Very hypocritical if you ask me. 

I was going to post that this is a classic trick: Express outrage and when called out for the same, they reply - Well you can't say anything as you've broken the rules.

And then @Leicester_Loyal pretty much nailed it.

44 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

'Is it one rule for you, Mr Cummings, and another rule for everybody else?' She asks while about 30 of them break the 2 meter rule:ph34r:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

Seriously 20 or so pages on the man, can he not have his own thread Or can we just have a vote on him as we are missing the CV19 stuff and important bits like @Markyblue posted is being missed by all this chaff.

I’m a blue, government need to say why it was ok or request / make him step down

Agreed, can we stop diluting the dying and panic in here please I’m losing track.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Surely it’s too late once they’re infected ?  

Surely they need to vaccinate a trial and then ensure they don’t actually contract the virus when exposed to it ....... but If there isn’t much of the virus out there then it’s impossible to test that ????

That's how I read it. Vaccinated people need exposure to possible infection to see if the vaccine works. They are now talking about deliberately infecting young 20-25 year olds to see if that works. The WHO have I think approved this approach though the ethics behind the argument are interesting to say the least.

However, to do this you would probably need effective drug treatments to offset the few people who might become very ill indeed.

How many 20-25 year olds on here would willingly be infected to see if a virus works?

20 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

Some disappointing results reported from the Oxford group vaccine trials.  It seems that monkeys infected with the vaccine developed Covid-19 infections after exposure to the virus.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/doubts-oxford-vaccine-fails-stop-coronavirus-animal-trials/

Not sure this is really news. The early reports around 3 weeks ago showed that the vaccine did not prevent infection, I'm not sure if that was indeed ever intended with this vaccine. However, to quote from the article

"It is helpful to see that monkeys vaccinated with this Sars-CoV-2 vaccine did not have any evidence of enhanced lung pathology and that, despite some evidence of upper respiratory tract infection by Sars-Cov-2 after high viral load virus challenge, monkeys given the vaccine did not have any evidence of pneumonia."

It would at least provide partial protection, in theory, from some of the most harmful aspects of the virus if I understand correctly.

The same would be true for any anit viral treatment drug/therapy. It would be unlikely that a cure for the virus could be found but successful drug treatment coule make the disease far less dangerous. However, this might take many years, the AIDS/HIV drug cocktail took 20+ years to develop.