Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

Guest Markyblue
Just now, Lionator said:

True, my prediction would be that people say that lockdown was unnecessary. However if they say that then in my book that will mean that lockdown was successful, if that makes sense?

It does, but people will always be wiser after the event, the main aim of lockdown was to prevent the nhs being overwhelmed so i suppose it worked. 

I personally think the fact he hasn't gone yet probably points to him surviving this, yes. But obviously there's still time. 

If he just went to stay in a property separate from his family and he and his family isolated for the full time while they were there, and he was genuinely doing it because he was worried that he and his wife would be unable to care for their child I can understand why he did it, I'm sure many of us with the same opportunity may have done the same. 

If this can be proven, then I think he should stay. 

If he strayed anywhere beyond this then he deserves to lose his job. 

I do think a very great number of people are getting carried away with a few very dubious reports, none of which have been verified from what I've read. And Andrew Marr trying to pretend to not understand the difference between the police statement and the Downing Street statement earlier was just laughable. I used to rate Marr, but he's definitely gone down hill recently. 

He will be fine, if he steps down it will be because he wants to. He's smart enough to know that most people dont have the attention span to be annoyed at him for more than 48 hours.

I dont think anybody should lose their jobs for this anyway. The doctors and scientists that lost their jobs seemed incredibly harsh to me. 

People on social media love a witch hunt though, stuff dont change. It used to be pitchforks, torches and public hangings.

Now its sharing, tweeting and calling for people to lose their livlihoods.

In short. If he wants to, he will survive  if he doesnt then he wont. I imagine he will be writing Johnson's speech if Boris is thrown in front of the media later 

6 minutes ago, Lionator said:

True, my prediction would be that people say that lockdown was unnecessary. However if they say that then in my book that will mean that lockdown was successful, if that makes sense?

Lockdown was unnecessary.

Well done Boris :cool:

It’s expected that he will stay. 

In the long term scale of things, it will be a decision Boris regrets. Not even at national level but instead at Tory party level. 

I wouldn’t be surprised though if there’s even another story milling. The coppers for some reason knocked on his door today. 

Underneath all of this an apology would have been suffice.

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Hopefully none of them ...... anyone could have an underlying health issue they weren’t actually aware of and no one should be playing ‘Russian roulette’ with their life .....

Listen to commercial radio, there are always adverts asking people to be paid volunteers for drug trials. We'd never have any medicines if they didn't.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the journalists aren't finished yet.

There'll come a point where Johnson has to decide whether Cummings is the hill he wants to die on.

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It’s expected that he will stay. 

In the long term scale of things, it will be a decision Boris regrets. Not even at national level but instead at Tory party level. 

I wouldn’t be surprised though if there’s even another story milling. The coppers for some reason knocked on his door today. 

You raise a good point. Don’t reckon he’ll go personally. This isn’t a story that will swing the masses even if it does have an impact on voting intention, but if stays on there’s a group of Tory MPs who have knowingly voiced their disdain at him. It’s already been forgotten under this story but it was earlier this week that there were reports Sunak was frustrated with the PM.  

Even if this is swept under the rug, then there’s fractures that will improve interesting going forward.

7 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Listen to commercial radio, there are always adverts asking people to be paid volunteers for drug trials. We'd never have any medicines if they didn't.

There’s a difference between a drug trial and becoming infected with a potentially deadly virus ??   

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Not arsed really, wouldn’t even know who he was if it wasn’t for all the anti brexit queens.

It’d be fun to watch him stay a bit longer to keep them foaming though.

Cheering on overt corruption to trigger the left.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

It does, but people will always be wiser after the event, the main aim of lockdown was to prevent the nhs being overwhelmed so i suppose it worked. 

This - I don’t understand why people don’t get it  ?

we weren’t having these discussions on lockdown late March and first three weeks of April when the NHS was under immense pressure....

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

There’s a difference between a drug trial and becoming infected with a potentially deadly virus ??   

They test drugs to see if they're safe, if it turns out they aren't safe then the volunteer's in trouble. If you want a vaccine there's going to have to be human trials eventually.

5 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Not arsed really, wouldn’t even know who he was if it wasn’t for all the anti brexit queens.

It’d be fun to watch him stay a bit longer to keep them foaming though.

Well known anti-Brexit Queen, Steve Baker lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Webbo said:

They test drugs to see if they're safe, if it turns out they aren't safe then the volunteer's in trouble. If you want a vaccine there's going to have to be human trials eventually.

As I understand it, trials on virus’ which are potentially fatal are done with something missing so that they don’t actually infect the patient totally but the study can see if the vaccine is effective .... people get bit their lives aren’t at risk ....

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

Overt corruption lol

He broke lockdown you wally...

What would you call government support for breaking laws for their friends and accusing the police of falsehoods?