Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Well this is awkward considering the PM Office adamantly stated there was no contact... 

Screenshot_20200523_215100_com.whatsapp_1.thumb.jpg.2dff95d97b2f841e4bc44e7c45ec83e1.jpg

Hmmm, I think that adds extra weight to BJ claim.

DCs father calls the police, to ask for security advice, they return the call. At that point they are informed about DCs arrival and deem it ok so don’t bother to bring it up with dad.

Seems legit now ;)

4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

This is like that episode of The Thick of It when Malcolm Tucker gets found out

'The Thick of It' is brilliant. Only watched it for the first time a couple of months back and with everything going on considering watching it all again. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

There’s a chance this story is from a partisan source. However the likes of Telegraph are carrying it as front page news. Damage done to an extent. 

Its easy for the government to defend if this becomes an attack from the anti brexit crowd.

The fact the mail, telegraph and spectator are all leading on it though would very much suggest it isn't.

Edited by Abrasive fox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

Its easy for the government to defend if this becomes an attack from the anti brexit crowd.

The fact the mail, telegraph and spectator are all leading on it though would very much suggest it isn't.

The Spectator of course the employer of Cummings wife. An editorial published on their website saying he should be dismissed 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Well this is awkward considering the PM Office adamantly stated there was no contact... 

Where is this statement posted by Durham police? Also I’m certainly no expert on it but should they be disclosing conversations made with the public when no crime has been committed? 

13 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

There is no way they won't have enough evidence to back up that second story - they've sat on it for weeks, they went to the Government about it 6 weeks ago, so had plenty of time to check. 

They've probably got someone in the same street, checking on his vehicle / general whereabouts at his London home who've been ringing them up - who wouldn't take that paying job if they're stuck in doors?

"Hello is that the Guardian? Yeah, Cummings has ****ed off in his Land-rover again."

What I don't understand is why the Government have gone with the "fake news" defence. It might be the only option they've got to try and save face, but I really don't see they think they can pull it off - how it is in any way sufficiently believable to anyone outside of the hard core Conservative support (and even some of those probably don't buy it after today). 

I suspect photographs will emerge. 

We’ll never know if Corona Cummings infected anyone along his 250 mile journey, and if so how many? Did they in turn go on to infect others? Did anyone, directly or indirectly infected actually die as a result?

What is absolutely certain is that if everyone with some bogus pretext went wandering around outside of their home whilst infected, the epidemic would never be brought under control, and the government now seem to be saying that this is OK.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

6 hours ago, Facecloth said:

It does put his sister at risk, but only his sister. Travelling with the virus puts many more people at risk. I'm assuming service stations are open at some minimal level, you telling me between London and Durham they didnt stop for a toilet break? If you have symptoms or you have it, you are meant to isolate. If exceptional circumstances like this come up, then keep you contacts to a minimum. The minimum they could have done is get his sister to come to his house. She had no symptoms, hadn't tested positive, so her travelling down would have meant less chance of spreading the virus when stopping along the way. Unfortunate for her or whoever it was that was going to the house to look after the child, but better than spreading it to god knows how many.

At this moment in time we have no evidence that suggests he stopped on his journey.  Travel time to Durham from London is just over four hours.  It's feasible he wouldn't have needed a toilet break, it's also feasible that his child may have slept the entire way if the journey was made late at night.  It's all speculation at this point.

I completely get what you're saying about his sister picking the child up.  However that is a guaranteed risk to her.  Travelling as a family may have been achieved without risk to any others.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

There is no way they won't have enough evidence to back up that second story - they've sat on it for weeks, they went to the Government about it 6 weeks ago, so had plenty of time to check. 

They've probably got someone in the same street, checking on his vehicle / general whereabouts at his London home who've been ringing them up - who wouldn't take that paying job if they're stuck in doors?

"Hello is that the Guardian? Yeah, Cummings has ****ed off in his Land-rover again."

What I don't understand is why the Government have gone with the "fake news" defence. It might be the only option they've got to try and save face, but I really don't see they think they can pull it off - how it is in any way sufficiently believable to anyone outside of the hard core Conservative support (and even some of those probably don't buy it after today). 

Be very interested to see what they have for evidence.  If they have then fair enough lets see it.

Because as it stands right now, a lot of people are getting themselves very excited about a whole lot of nothing.

Edited by BlueSi13
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bilo said:

I can't pretend that I'm not enjoying the downfall of this odious little twerp and all who surround him. 

And just like Brexit, you'll be proven wrong again... in the words of the beautiful man Dom 😎

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lionator said:

No way does Johnson sack Cummings. He owes this part of his career to him. He would be out in the wilderness without Cummings. 

This is exactly the problem.

Boris is a puppet who has got to where he is based on Cumming’s strategies and slogans and he’s probably bricking it right now that he’ll get even more found out if he has to sack him.

Sad state of affairs when the government’s response to Dominic Cummings misdemeanours is clearly being orchestrated by Dominic Cummings. Clear tactic to talk about 4-year old child and “what would you do in this situation?” and get all the loyal aides that Dominic would tolerate in the cabinet pushing the same points.

Laughable to see the same old usernames in this thread then trot out the same lines. They’d also make excellent puppets for the government!

• Like 4

Just now, BlueSi13 said:

Battle lines are drawn.  Whose going to get found out?  Extremely high risk for Cummings/Guardian/Mirror.

My money is on the Guardian not existing in 6 months time, and good riddance.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2