Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

What a load of drama queens.  

It's not like the Scottish CSO or Ferguson breaking lockdown to visit second homes or married women for their own benefit.  It's about childcare during illness.

Are the media going to go after Prince Charles for isolating in Balmoral now, or Boris at Chequers?

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, murphy said:

What a load of drama queens.  

It's not like the Scottish CSO or Ferguson breaking lockdown to visit second homes or married women for their own benefit.  It's about childcare during illness.

Are the media going to go after Prince Charles for isolating in Balmoral now, or Boris at Chequers?

Well if the second visit is true and he was caught out at tourist hotspots, that’s not true is it?

3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Nobody on either side should be seeking to politicise this.

It's not about Right v Left or Blue v Red. It's about the competence of government during this crisis. Simple as.

Fair comment. 

On the flip side, we're all hardly drama queen's when it comes to a situation like this. 

Just now, Voll Blau said:

It's not about Right v Left or Blue v Red. It's about the competence of government during this crisis. Simple as.

if only. 

as always it becomes a political debate as soon as people on either side try to defend the indefensible purely because the guy at fault is on the same side of the game as they are. 

it’s the same as idiot football fans who when their club or their players do something outrageously wrong try and defend it because “he’s one of our own”. saw s a few tweets yday saying this is going to look very similar to kenny dalglish getting the whole liverpool squad to wear t shirts supporting suarez being a racist by the time it’s over and we look back at it and go blimey, why were all those people trying to defend that cu nt. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have emailed my MP, a Tory (NB - I am a typical swing voter. I have no allegiance either way) -to express my thoughts that it seems one rule for one and one rule for others. EG - that a young lad in care who I mentioned can't travel to see his family following a bereavement but Cummings is getting sorted from the govt for breaking the rules, while ill, to drive 250 miles twice to visit family. 

It's not on. It's not about party politics. It's about someone with great influence in government not following the rules they set to all of us, which we have to abide and which the vast majority of us are - in some cases to great pains and personal detriment. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

It's a little bit about that because that seems to be the chief motivation for his defence.  I agree that it shouldn't be and thankfully the condemnation is largely bipartisan.

18 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Shapps immediately refers to the lockdown measures on caring for children.  As expected.  No one at the BBC appears to have recognised that this was added into the measures after Cummings excursion to Durham.  The govt have been sitting on this for weeks.

Maybe he’s the super spreader to took the virus to the north east.

surely the point here is if Cummings and his wife felt that they didn’t have support in London in the instance that the household became infected and the best place for them to be in that scenario would be Durham then they should have gone to Durham as soon as lockdown was started 23rd March and not wait until one of them became infected ???  

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

surely the point here is if Cummings and his wife felt that they didn’t have support in London in the instance that the household became infected and the best place for them to be in that scenario would be Durham then they should have gone to Durham as soon as lockdown was started 23rd March and not wait until one of them became infected ???  

He seems to have enough support from his mates saying he did nothing wrong, but seemingly none of them were good enough mates to offer childcare.

Guest Markyblue

Has he done wrong yes, should he go quite possibly,  are some on here in a frenzy because he was the architect of brexit hell yes.😂

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

You’re probably right, however there will be plenty that are attacking right now, that would be defending him. So via a vis.

Certainly not me, and I would honestly be surprised if there were. People haven't seen friends and family in weeks, they've cancelled holidays, days out, missed people birthdays. People haven't seen loved ones before they've passed on, funerals have had limited attendance. Muslims have had to completely change their usual fast breaking traditions during Ramadan. I don't care who it is, what party they are affiliated to, if they do shit like this they deserve all the criticism they are getting. I was pissed about Calderwood and Ferguson and I didn't know who they were before they broke the rules.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

He seems to have enough support from his mates saying he did nothing wrong, but seemingly none of them were good enough mates to offer childcare.

It’s not about the childcare though really .... cummings had sat through enough briefings and meetings to know that the chances that both parents would be too ill to care for their child at the same time were v slim indeed.  it’s about the fact that it was a lot easier for them to get through the two weeks v near his close family. the grocery shopping would be easier to sort out and I imagine spending two weeks in a leafy Durham suburb with a big garden or space to wander around was a more attractive proposition than central London ????

4 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Has he done wrong yes, should he go quite possibly,  are some on here in a frenzy because he was the architect of brexit hell yes.😂

It’s absolutely nothing to do with brexit for me  ..... it’s about accountability and the fact that this fella thinks he can do what he likes when he likes ....... whilst at the same time being a massive part of the decision making process that the rest of cannot.  And on top of all that, whilst he and his wife were infectious with a deadly virus! 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I'm taking no pleasure in this. I'm just seething for the countless thousands who have suffered alone when apparently they could have just hopped in their car to be near family if it suited them.

It's not the act in itself that irks. It's the lack of contrition or acknowledgement that the rules have been retroactively rewritten to suit one man at the very top of government. It absolutely reeks.

I’d feel empathy with him, if it wasn’t such a long journey to be honest. I’m not sure you can claim child safeguarding when travelling such a distance, whilst seriously ill.

If me and my partner were ill would I break lockdown to protect my kids, yes. Would I put them in harms way in order to do so? Only if there was no other option.

I’m not sure on the government/cabinets response, really depends on the validity of this second event.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I'm taking no pleasure in this. I'm just seething for the countless thousands who have suffered alone when apparently they could have just hopped in their car to be near family if it suited them.

It's not the act in itself that irks. It's the lack of contrition or acknowledgement that the rules have been retroactively rewritten to suit one man at the very top of government. It absolutely reeks.

Nothing wrong with that but people should express their views and then move on all the rest is pointless and ruins the thread for those interested in what else is happening regarding this killer virus.

I keep popping in to but all I've seen for the last day or two is this endless argument.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s not about the childcare though really .... cummings had sat through enough briefings and meetings to know that the chances that both parents would be too ill to care for their child at the same time were v slim indeed.  it’s about the fact that it was a lot easier for them to get through the two weeks v near his close family. the grocery shopping would be easier to sort out and I imagine spending two weeks in a leafy Durham suburb with a big garden or space to wander around was a more attractive proposition than central London ????

He travelled knowing he had the virus, it's not just about him, it about the others he put in danger. I'm sure thousands of people out there would have loved to have had a better experience during this pandemic, especially if they caught the virus. I'm sure they'd have loved to have got out the city they live in, go somewhere quiet with family close, but they didn't because they followed the ****ing rule Cummings and his mates told us to follow!

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 2