Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I am curious, do people believe all tweets? Or just those that suit their personal agendas?

It's from way before any of this came out to be fair. By all accounts it was quite common knowledge in the local area that he was there.

13 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I am curious, do people believe all tweets? Or just those that suit their personal agendas?

I don’t believe them on sight, but I’ve since seen two or three accounts on Twitter, from 10th May, suggesting sightings. It raises an eyebrow and Steve Baker castigating Cummings is another interesting element. To say every detail is correct is too early but to say there’s absolutely nothing in it seems bit naive. We’ll soon see though.

1 hour ago, Markyblue said:

The oxford team developing the vaccine for coronavirus are concerned the virus is disappearing that fast they may not have enough people who are infected to trial it on.🤔

Not taking credit but if you trawl back 300/400 odd pages, I made the prediction that we'll never need a vaccine for this based on absolutely no scientific evidence lol.

But realistically this is a positive catch 22 situation, if infections are low less people die, if infections are high we get an effective vaccine quicker, either way I think we're through the worst of this pandemic given that it doesn't seem like the disease is going to mutate to a degree where it can do even more harm.

One thing to remember as well is that SARS 1 and MERS both effectively disappeared with measures which were put in place. Vietnam and New Zealand have eradicated this disease so it does seem like a possibility that it may simply disappear if we're all careful. There's still so many questions to be answered. Remember this is not flu, it might not be endemic.

We see a lot of comparisons to Spanish flu which killed over 50 million people but this is more likely to be in the realm of the Hong Kong flu of the late sixties which eventually killed up to 4 million worldwide.

1 minute ago, Finnaldo said:

I don’t believe them on sight, but I’ve since seen two or three accounts on Twitter, from 10th May, suggesting sightings. It raises an eyebrow and Steve Baker castigating Cummings is another interesting element. To say every detail is correct is too early but to say there’s absolutely nothing in it seems bit naive. We’ll soon see though.

Baker despises Cummings and always has by all accounts. Indeed a lot of backbencher brexiteers seem to.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Given the tweet was posted two weeks ago, the only way it could be bandwagon jumping is if walla81 drives a Delorean to work.

• Haha 1

Guest Fktf

The oxford team developing the vaccine for coronavirus are concerned the virus is disappearing that fast they may not have enough people who are infected to trial it on.🤔

Because the lockdown has worked, and reduced the spread of the virus. This is good (unless you want to try out your newly made vaccine). 

Interesting, how many do they need?  The ONS reckons there are 61,000 new infections per week.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/bulletins/coronaviruscovid19infectionsurveypilot/england21may2020

Who even is this Cummings bloke, it seems he came from nowhere (never been voted in?) and has a high enough position or enough influence that number 10 are sticking up for him despite him flaunting the rules thinking he is untouchable. Most people would have been binned ages ago. 

I'd be fuming if I still lived in the UK. The whole handling of the virus and everything seems poor. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

So one in a thousand out there infected each week - good luck finding them before they encounter the virus to test it’s effectiveness ....

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

So one in a thousand out there infected each week - good luck finding them before they encounter the virus to test it’s effectiveness ....

I'd read the statement as the Oxford team needing to find infected people, which would be relatively simple as personal details are known from testing.  

17 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Given the tweet was posted two weeks ago, the only way it could be bandwagon jumping is if walla81 drives a Delorean to work.

and do they? :huh:

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Sounds like Cumming’s departure is only a matter of time now .......

He will still be in the background mind. Fully suspect he will be involved with any future bid Gove may make for the leadership 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

Don’t know if it’s been stated earlier but the press surrounding Cummings were ridiculous. No social distancing between themselves, also his face. Whatever he has or hasn’t done in normal circumstances that isn’t right or fair, and even more so when we have to keep to the distancing rules. Very hypocritical if you ask me. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

I'd read the statement as the Oxford team needing to find infected people, which would be relatively simple as personal details are known from testing.  

Surely it’s too late once they’re infected ?  

Surely they need to vaccinate a trial and then ensure they don’t actually contract the virus when exposed to it ....... but If there isn’t much of the virus out there then it’s impossible to test that ????

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He will still be in the background mind. Fully suspect he will be involved with any future bid Gove may make for the leadership 

Agree with this although a decent set of journos will suss this out and Cummings has made a lot of enemies ....... everywhere .....

Just now, st albans fox said:

Agree with this although a decent set of journos will suss this out and Cummings has made a lot of enemies ....... everywhere .....

Of course they're everywhere, he's been touring the country for the last few months.

Guest Markyblue
7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Surely it’s too late once they’re infected ?  

Surely they need to vaccinate a trial and then ensure they don’t actually contract the virus when exposed to it ....... but If there isn’t much of the virus out there then it’s impossible to test that ????

This.

1 minute ago, BlueSi13 said:

So to confirm then the big Guardian/Mirror scoop consisted of Cummings allegedly being spotted in some woods by an anonymous walker (wait, why was the walker in the woods too?).  No pictures.  No videos.  No real evidence.  

In fact, despite this story being pretty old now, still no real evidence that he broke any guidelines whatsoever.  Still, the guy might still end up losing his job.

It's almost like these guys got it spot on from a few weeks ago:

Also, those calling for Cummings head, if it does happen I presume you'll all be calling for the resignation of the following MP's who literally did break the rules:

Tahir Ali:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-52154327

Vaughan Gething:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11654366/picnic-spot-used-health-minister-fenced-off/

Kevan Jones:

https://order-order.com/2020/05/19/mps-coronavirus-centenary-celebration/

Surely that would be fair right?  One rule for us all?

I also assume all the Sky News reporters from yesterday will be relieved of their positions following the clear disregard for social distancing...

IF cummings and his wife hadn’t been knowingly carrying the disease across the country then some contrition may have saved him .......

and the people you refer to haven’t been significantly involved in making the rules that we have all been instructed to follow ......

I’m trying to be apolitical on this from the outset .....

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, BlueSi13 said:

So to confirm then the big Guardian/Mirror scoop consisted of Cummings allegedly being spotted in some woods by an anonymous walker (wait, why was the walker in the woods too?).  No pictures.  No videos.  No real evidence.  

In fact, despite this story being pretty old now, still no real evidence that he broke any guidelines whatsoever.  Still, the guy might still end up losing his job.

Also, those calling for Cummings head, if it does happen I presume you'll all be calling for the resignation of the following MP's who literally did break the rules:

Tahir Ali:

Vaughan Gething:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11654366/picnic-spot-used-health-minister-fenced-off/

Kevan Jones:

I also assume all the Sky News reporters from yesterday will be relieved of their positions following the clear disregard for social distancing...

image.thumb.png.c3f15b7ecc41b12ea089a2a2418b8a7b.png

My last word on the subject but from the early stages of the virus my gut feeling was it would be seen as a last chance scenario for one last chance for remainers to derail brexit, the government would never fall but if they could remove boris and replace him with someone more europhile they would give it a go, so not surprised how the media and others have been desperate to get boris.

4 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

He lives in london, the woods are in Durham. People are allowed to go walking near where they live. He wasn't near where he lives.

11 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Tahir Ali:

Vaughan Gething:

Kevan Jones:

image.thumb.png.c3f15b7ecc41b12ea089a2a2418b8a7b.png

So why are the ones calling for Cummings demise the arch Brexiteers? 

There may be a case of getting one over Cummings with this but this is far removed from Brexit.