Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Tory MPs are tweeting the second story is false. Today is going to be interesting, I won’t lie, I’m ****ing excited, someone’s gonna end up with mud on their face after all this has been slung lol

Yup if Cummings has lied about this he's a goner.

If the Guardian/Mirror can't back the story up with actual evidence then their reputation (or what's left of it) is trashed.

Just another point - this isn’t about politics, it’s about leadership.

Let’s say executive A at organisation X had to determine some crucial advice for the health and safety of the public for which organisation X was responsible. Having initially deliberated about the best course of action, based on what organisation Y and organisation Z had done, executive A advised a very clear strategy for organisation X’s public to do the same.

Executive A then breaks those guidelines himself, putting organisation X’s public at increased risk, refuses to apologise, asks executives B, C and D to support his excuse to the point they contradict the original guidelines. It then emerges executive A had broken the guidelines on more than one occasion.

I think most people would find it very hard to believe executive A was fit for the role he was in or to trust his advice again.

Put your left-wing/right-wing or the petty ‘Remainers’/‘Brexiteers’ bull crap that should have ended 31st January to one side and assess the situation objectively for what it is.

Got to go.

Edited by Freeman's Wharfer
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Just another point - this isn’t about politics, it’s about leadership.

Let’s say executive A at organisation X had to determine some crucial advice for the health and safety of the public for which organisation X was responsible. Having initially deliberated about the best course of action, based on what organisation Y and organisation Z had done, executive A advised a very clear strategy for organisation X’s public to do the same.

Executive A then breaks those guidelines himself, putting organisation X’s public at increased risk, refuses to apologise, asks executives B, C and D to support his excuse to the point they contradict the original guidelines. It then emerges executive A had broken the guidelines on more than one occasion.

I think most people would find it very hard to believe executive A was fit for the role he was in or to trust his advice again.

Put your left-wing/right-wing or the petty ‘Remainers’/‘Brexiteers’ bull crap that should have ended 31st January to one side and assess the situation objectively for what it is.

Got to go.

Objectivity? Don't hold your breath!

7 hours ago, BlueSi13 said:

Yup if Cummings has lied about this he's a goner.

If the Guardian/Mirror can't back the story up with actual evidence then their reputation (or what's left of it) is trashed.

Never stopped the likes of Cummings or this cabinet or the right-wing press doing similar smear tactics. 

Only last week we had the Mail with the Starmer donkeys field story. Yet the Mail is still there in tact. 

Boris can keep him if he wants, it will continually undermine him and judging by the reaction of some Tory MPs, it looks like Cummings was always a time bomb in this premiership of Johnson’s 

Steve Baker on Sky News now. 

Says Cummings creates too much collateral damage and that he needs to go. Says Dominic won't take accountability for any actions and the only person he [Cummings] respects is Gove. 

Of course he has to go and he will do sooner or later. Every hour he's in post is damaging the governments authority more and more I'm amazed Boris doesn't see this. He was dead in the water when the story broke on Friday night.

If I was a conservative supporter I would be a lot more concerned about the response to the incident and the lack of foresight than the incident itself.

• Like 1

Shapps is getting slaughtered lol

He couldn't work out Ridge's question that PM was still working at end of March at the time Cummings went up to Durham and did he know he'd gone up to Durham. Shapps was like 'sorry I don't understand what you mean by that' lol

Edited by StanSP

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

He couldn't work out Ridge's question that PM was still working and at end of March at the time Cummings went up to Durham and did he know he'd gone up to Durham. Shapps was like 'sorry I don't understand what you mean by that' lol

Did they play a Bontempi version of 'Dancing Queen' quietly in the background during the interview, because if they didn't they've really missed a trick there.

I should work in television I really should

Just now, Bellend Sebastian said:

Did they play a Bontempi version of 'Dancing Queen' quietly in the background during the interview, because if they didn't they've really missed a trick there.

I should work in television I really should

I thought Dom mocked up as Britney singing “Oops I did it again” might work

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

He couldn't work out Ridge's question that PM was still working at end of March at the time Cummings went up to Durham and did he know he'd gone up to Durham. Shapps was like 'sorry I don't understand what you mean by that' lol

Not sure if he was stupid or just pretending to be to avoid the question 

Edited by WigstonWanderer

There’s a few interesting bits on Shapps on his Wiki page. 

Shapps's brother, Andre Shapps, is a musician who was a member of Big Audio Dynamite (BAD) between 1994 and 1998, playing keyboards. Their cousin Mick Jones was a key figure in British punk rock of the late 1970s, and a founding member of both the Clash and Big Audio Dynamite.[20][21][22]

Shapps founded a web publishing business, How To Corp Limited, with his wife while he was recovering from cancer.[27] The company marketed business publications and software. Shapps stood down as a director in July 2008; his wife remained as director until the company was dissolved in 2014.[28]

In 2012, Google blacklisted 19 of the Shapps's business websites for violating rules on copyright infringement related to the web scraping-based TrafficPayMaster software sold by them.[29]

Shapps's web marketing business's 20/20 Challenge publication also drew criticism. It cost $497 and promised customers earnings of $20,000 in 20 days. Upon purchase, the "toolkit" was revealed to be an ebook, advising the user to create their own toolkit and recruit 100 "Joint Venture Partners" to resell it for a share of the profits.[31]The Conservative party said shadow ministers had not been influenced by donations. 

Denials of pseudonym and second jobEdit

Shapps’s use of the names Michael Green and Sebastian Fox attracted controversy in 2012. He denied having used a pseudonym after entering parliament and, in 2014, threatened legal action against a constituent who had stated on Facebook that he had. In February 2015 he told LBC Radio presenter Shelagh Fogarty, "Let me get this absolutely clear ... I don't have a second job and have never had a second job while being an MP. End of story."[71]

However, in March 2015, Shapps admitted to having had a second job whilst being an MP, and practising business under a pseudonym.[72][73]In his admission, he stated that he had "over-firmly denied" having a second job.[74] Under the name Michael Green, Shapps had offered customers a "get-rich-quick scheme" costing $497, and promised customers a "toolkit" that would earn them $20,000 in 20 days, provided they followed its instructions.[75] In March 2015, Dean Archer, the constituent previously threatened with legal action by Shapps, threatened Shapps with legal action.[76][77]

9 hours ago, BlueSi13 said:

At this moment in time we have no evidence that suggests he stopped on his journey.  Travel time to Durham from London is just over four hours.  It's feasible he wouldn't have needed a toilet break, it's also feasible that his child may have slept the entire way if the journey was made late at night.  It's all speculation at this point.

I completely get what you're saying about his sister picking the child up.  However that is a guaranteed risk to her.  Travelling as a family may have been achieved without risk to any others.

lol 

27 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

So far the strategy is:

Claim it was legal, blame the left, then deny the story....

All works well until it causes a civil war within the party.

Don't forget throwing in a quick, pavlovian Brexit mention to activate the minions who fail to understand that it's irrelevant and they're at the beck and call of the kind of unelected official they went apoplectic over for totally not nationalist reasons.  

9 hours ago, Father Ted said:

And just like Brexit, you'll be proven wrong again... in the words of the beautiful man Dom 😎

Comme ca.

Edited by Carl the Llama

19 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Not sure if he was stupid or just pretending to be to avoid the question 

Bit of both. Definitely got told to compliment Sky in return at any given point by saying 'it's a perfectly legitimate question...'. 

Answer it as such then you absolute melon. 

Baker made the point that the cabinet are only in their jobs because Cummings approves of them. They have no choice but to defend him or they will be reshuffled ....... and boris will probably be too scared to ditch his crutch. 

cummings respects gove - which is why he is still inside the tent peeing out ....but he doesn’t have a proper job responsibility does he .......

the country is actually being run by an unelected maverick who absolutely doesn’t take criticism......... how the hell did we arrive here ???

too simplistic to blame brexit - we all in the west have a share of this in allowing our society to become one where trump is the most powerful man on the planet and the U.K. (and the future of the EU to an extent) is in the hands of one rather eccentric person .....

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Bit of both. Definitely got told to compliment Sky in return at any given point by saying 'it's a perfectly legitimate question...'. 

Answer it as such then you absolute melon. 

Got to feel sorry for him in a way. Left to twist in the wind while Boris hides.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

Cummings should have just come out and said “sorry, I did what I thought was necessary, I’m not going to resign.” and this would’ve gone away quicker.

Instead we’ve got this bizarre situation where the government are taking the general public for absolute mugs. 

• Like 1