Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxoffice

Euro 2020

It is very much possible seeing as we have stadiums to go, as said many times England could host it tomorrow. To be honest I don't see UEFA being popular if they certainly went from announcing a tournament being hosted from all of Europe to just one country. It could easily end in lawsuits..

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

22k fans for each of the England group games.

https://twitter.com/EnglidsAway/status/1380202675514523652

Didn't realise there was a Euro 2020 thread, stuck that in the Coronavirus thread.

So much for no restrictions by June 21st!

I was gonna try and get tickets but I won't bother if it's only 25% capacity, not sure it's worth the hassle, and I don't think it'll be a great experience now anyway. Happy enough sinking a few in a pub somewhere and watching us lose.

11 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Didn't realise there was a Euro 2020 thread, stuck that in the Coronavirus thread.

So much for no restrictions by June 21st!

I was gonna try and get tickets but I won't bother if it's only 25% capacity, not sure it's worth the hassle, and I don't think it'll be a great experience now anyway. Happy enough sinking a few in a pub somewhere and watching us lose.

Classic overpromising from the powers that be again. It was always a ridiculous statement to go from mild restrictions to none at all. If they would have said we are yet to announce further easing of the lockdown from 21st June as we haven't/can't plan that far then that would have made more sense. However, Boris felt he needed to go all out again.

It makes sense to have those 5 week gaps and start easing. I believe Wembley will be up to 50% capacity by the knockout stages (certainly semis and final). At least that is the current plan. I have a ticket through the German FA for the semis and final (if we were to get there). However, we will be lucky to make it out of the group stage.

If the semis and final is 50% capacity, I cannot see foreigners being able to travel in by then so all 45,000 odd tickets (less the corporates/sponsors etc.) should go to UK based fans. I think England have a great chance of going far again too although they could do better with an alternative to Southgate (in my opinion).

I think it is better than it would have been last year but I think UEFA moved it a year hoping it would allow near full stadiums.

Uefa Euro 2020: Trafalgar Square earmarked for 12,500-capacity fan park

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-56719454

Trafalgar Square has been earmarked as the preferred location for a Uefa Euro 2020 fan park.

London will be one of 12 cities hosting the European Championship, which has been delayed by a year because of the Covid-19 pandemic.

Plans include all seven games, to be played at Wembley Stadium, being shown on giant TV screens in central London.

There are also outline proposals for screens to show a "victory parade" should England win the tournament.

Gareth Southgate's side will play all three group matches at Wembley, the first against Croatia on 13 June.

Five days later England take on Scotland for the first time since 2017, before hosting the Czech Republic in their final group game on 22 June.

Good luck with controlling the crowd that day.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 18/05/2021 at 10:44, TK95 said:

Anyone with tickets heard anything back regarding outcome of the (second) ballot? 

Semi final tickets cancelled. Meanwhile of you most enough you can go to any game you want via UEFA 

20 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Nick Pope set to miss the Euros. Pickford it is.....

Whilst I'm not the biggest Pickford fan, Pope has his deficiencies too. He's utterly hopeless with the ball at his feet (I know, that didn't used to matter). With the fleet footed international forwards at these tournaments, and the propensity for all teams to faff about with the ball at the back these days, I'm not sure Pope would have been a better option anyway. Don't get me wrong, he's a pretty solid keeper, but, for England at least, I think they're on the same level. 

Pickford has had some awful howlers for Everton, but he's not really let England down in many games.

Either way, it would be a miracle if we win it with our squad. Some good players, yes, but no real game plan, a plug of a manager and the best international teams are just better than us, especially when it comes to crunch games and mentality.

On 18/05/2021 at 10:44, TK95 said:

Anyone with tickets heard anything back regarding outcome of the (second) ballot? 

Nope....

On 20/05/2021 at 08:56, FLAN said:

Semi final tickets cancelled. Meanwhile of you most enough you can go to any game you want via UEFA 

Interesting.... mine were for the first knockout game but you've heard back about semi's already lol