Sign in to follow this  
Foxoffice

Euro 2020

Didn't enter the ballot, entered the original one and we secured tickets to the Round of 16 match in Dublin that England will play if we win the group, against the runner up from Portugal, France and Germany. Flights were £25 each way about 12 months ago so jumped on!

• Like 1

Entered the original one. Got tickets for Match 7 at Wembley but couldn't afford them at the time so didn't buy. Then the draw was made and it's England V Croatia. 

• Sad 1

I was successful in the original ballot and got Last 16 tie at Wembley. This time round, nothing.

However, I applied with the German FA and bagged myself any Germany matches that I could make it to. So I am going to the Group 1 game against France in Munich and the Group 3 match against a qualifier in Munich. Plus, if Germany make the semi final or final (bit of a long shot with the current team in my opinion), I have tickets to Wembley for those too. So for me personally, very successful.

• Like 1

Dont get why the Under 21 Championship, Nations League and the Women's Euros are mentioned as potential barriers to having the Euros moved to 2021.

All for the promotion of the women and but surely the mens Euros takes priority over all 3 of the above? If they are worried about clashes at Wembley then just rearrange the fixfures slightly.

Edited by Nalis

Tickets all the way to the final with England. I am in the ESTC though so that's understandable. 

Will be cancelled until next year now though so 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Report: UEFA wants £275M from clubs, leagues for Euro 2020 postponement
https://www.thescore.com/uefa/news/1965205

Lol right goodluck with that golden payment you crooks.

I wonder what stops them for say “no”? 

No doubt they’ll look at this proportionally as well, like they did with the racism fine (which they got completely incorrect). So the Premier League, La Liga, Bundasliga and Serie A pick up 80% of it. 

I what point do we just tell them to piss off and generate a knockout competition , with its own TV rights etc??? 

It’d be no different to what the Premier League did to the football League. 

Dont see much wrong with that. It costs money to move an event like that and to do so would be with a view to helping the domestic leagues try and finish. Once you divvy it up it's not that much per country.

Euro 2020 postponed until next summer, says the Norwegian FA

• 2 minutes ago
  • From the sectionFootball
Sharethis page
Breaking news

Euro 2020 has been postponed by one year until 2021 because of the coronavirus pandemic, says the Norwegian FA.

Uefa, European football's governing body, has been holding an emergency video conference involving major stakeholders on Tuesday.

The Norwegian FA says it was decided that the tournament will now take place from 11 June to 11 July next year.