Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxoffice

Euro 2020

I was successful in the original ballot and got Last 16 tie at Wembley. This time round, nothing.

However, I applied with the German FA and bagged myself any Germany matches that I could make it to. So I am going to the Group 1 game against France in Munich and the Group 3 match against a qualifier in Munich. Plus, if Germany make the semi final or final (bit of a long shot with the current team in my opinion), I have tickets to Wembley for those too. So for me personally, very successful.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Dont get why the Under 21 Championship, Nations League and the Women's Euros are mentioned as potential barriers to having the Euros moved to 2021.

All for the promotion of the women and but surely the mens Euros takes priority over all 3 of the above? If they are worried about clashes at Wembley then just rearrange the fixfures slightly.

Edited by Nalis

4 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Report: UEFA wants £275M from clubs, leagues for Euro 2020 postponement
https://www.thescore.com/uefa/news/1965205

Lol right goodluck with that golden payment you crooks.

I wonder what stops them for say “no”? 

No doubt they’ll look at this proportionally as well, like they did with the racism fine (which they got completely incorrect). So the Premier League, La Liga, Bundasliga and Serie A pick up 80% of it. 

I what point do we just tell them to piss off and generate a knockout competition , with its own TV rights etc??? 

It’d be no different to what the Premier League did to the football League. 

Euro 2020 postponed until next summer, says the Norwegian FA

• 2 minutes ago
  • From the sectionFootball
Sharethis page
Breaking news

Euro 2020 has been postponed by one year until 2021 because of the coronavirus pandemic, says the Norwegian FA.

Uefa, European football's governing body, has been holding an emergency video conference involving major stakeholders on Tuesday.

The Norwegian FA says it was decided that the tournament will now take place from 11 June to 11 July next year.

• 7 months later...

I've got tickets to the England-Scotland game in the ballot. Always been a dream to see England in an international tournament and dad grew up in Scotland so we were both absolutely buzzing. 

But would be so gutting to miss out if fans aren't back in stadiums by then. Sadly can't see it being full capacity which means another ballot on the ballot to decide which limited fans go :cry:

3 hours ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

They’re on about moving the whole tourney to Russia. 

If it wasn't for the summer heat they'd probably happily move it to the UAE.

Scottish guy at work was over the moon today, we take for granted how big qualification can be.

Had to remind him they've only qualified through a nonsense qualification method where they haven't actually beaten anyone in the playoffs, and also because the tournament has been expanded to 24 teams :ph34r:lol 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Sly said:

Do we think this will get shelved again? 

Seems pointless holding this without fans.

I read the other day that UEFA will make the final decision on fans (BCD, partial capacity or full capacity) in March. I would be very surprised if it didn't go ahead in any format.

If you can’t have fans in anyway in Europe, just bring the whole thing down under.
Keep all the teams in resort bubbles, similar to what they did with the AFL here.

One group in each state, isolated and not allowed out. By the time the group stage has finished all players and staff would have quarantined for the 2 weeks and be ready to join back up for the knockout phase. 

It will go ahead regardless or be cancelled completely. No way they can rearrange it again. 

In June, there is a chance it would be part-capacity but I guess its difficult to make that decision now. It wouldn't surprise me if they just went with behind closed doors, just to ensure it is done, It would make sense to have in one country though.