Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxoffice

Euro 2020

• 3 weeks later...
Which country would host the tournament on its own ?

I presume someone like Germany or Portugal as the European competitions were there last year .

Or us as we do have the vaccine and grounds to cope with fans if they are allowed.
Edited by Super_horns

15 minutes ago, Super_horns said:
Which country would host the tournament on its own ?

I presume someone like Germany or Portugal as the European competitions were there last year .

Or us as we do have the vaccine and grounds to cope with fans if they are allowed.

I saw Russia mentioned at some point last year? Guess it'll end up being down to whether they bother with fans or not. They have to make a decision on that, though I think we're now at the point where cancelling it completely is financially catastrophic, so no fans is feasible.

If there's no fans then they could host it in a country which can accommodate 24 teams with decent grounds (will still need to be Cat 4 for TV, media etc) in close proximity? With us getting the Semis and Final games, I wonder if they'd host it in London (Wembley, Spurs, Emirates, Stamford Bridge, Ldn Stadium?) though it'd depend on our lockdown/covid situation.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

If I was Southgate:

Rashford-Kane

Sterling-Grealish-Maddison-Foden-Greenwood-Sancho

Chilwell-Henderson-TAA

No keeper

If Southgate was Southgate:

Mount

Mount Mount Mount Mount

Mount Mount Mount Mount

Mount

Abraham

Edited by Nalis
  • Haha 1

On 22/01/2021 at 11:04, Nalis said:

Wonder if they would shift the multi city format to Euro 2024 if they just have everything in one country this time around?

Germany have Euro 2024. 

England have am excellent chance of hosting the tournament here this time around. 

Possibility that Scotland get added to it for the use of Hampden(which was a venue anyway)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Even ****ing better! I think that’s the likely approach.

Basically my view is I hope I can go and **** everyone else.

I reckon Every ticket would get sold in this country for all the games, giving people haven’t been able to go for over a year. Would be brilliant 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I reckon Every ticket would get sold in this country for all the games, giving people haven’t been able to go for over a year. Would be brilliant 

Need to have the biggest stadiums possible regardless of location exactly for that reason. The demand for tickets would be incredibly high. So Wembley, Twickenham, Old Trafford, Principality, Murrayfield, Olympic, Tottenham Hotspur, Celtic Park, Emirates, Ethihad, Anfield, St James. (providing it's whole UK not just England and the same number of stadiums would be used). Stadium of Light, Villa Park and Stamford Bridge if England only. 

I would just like as many people as possible to be able to go as it would be an incredible summer.

Ideally, we (Scotland) don't get our home games taken away from us but seeing how strict that the Scottish government have been regarding football during the pandemic, I doubt there would be fans anyway so it would probably be better for it to be in England so that fans could actually attend. 

Although, seeing as we would be losing the chance to play the games at Hampden, it would only be fair to have the games at St.James Park or somewhere equally north.