Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cricket 2020

16 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

WK...is always IMO too much in the critics Eveyline & easy target.....

Butcher is a good Wkeeper...but hes Not on the great-list..and like Warney says,Good enough and that exciting unknown quantity,that always put that

Worry mind set into the opposition...when batting

But L_Loyal..good debate......& thats what sport Away from the Field is all about......:cheers:

I agree on the movement off the pitch and it looked a little bit two paced to me, which wasn't mentioned, so maybe I'm wrong, but it doesn't excuse the fumbles and frankly 'lazy' glovework.

He's a decent keeper and I'm not suggesting he be replaced; but he's not among the world's top technicians in terms of keeping wicket and yesterday he had a very poor day.

England bowl very well for the majority of the day so far, missing the edge on several occasions and giving Pakistan's batsman plenty to think about. Getting a lot of swing on an old ball. 

New ball comes in.

They change their tactic and forego all the hard work they've been doing! 

I know Pakistan bat deep but they should have been done and dusted by now in all honesty. 

9 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

"Bad light" again. FFS. :rolleyes:

It's barely changed all day, the lights have been on from the start, we've already lost half a day yesterday.

Cricket is a brilliant sport but the reluctance to play through conditions is hindering it.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I love cricket but the bad light rules irritate me so much

It's been mentioned a few times now but you do wonder whether the lack of a dissatisfied crowd is influencing the umps is bringing them off so early. Would they be doing it if pissed up Saturday crowds were in?

I know its just unlucky to have so much rain during a test match, even more so when the start of the week was glorious sunshine but is there anything that can be done to minimize the effects? You'll always have rain issues in England but so much time is spent waiting for clear ups, especially a wet outfield but what can be done about it?

Bad light needs addressing, rules needs changing. If you can play T20/One day games in limited light then you can play test cricket,

4 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I know its just unlucky to have so much rain during a test match, even more so when the start of the week was glorious sunshine but is there anything that can be done to minimize the effects? You'll always have rain issues in England but so much time is spent waiting for clear ups, especially a wet outfield but what can be done about it?

Bad light needs addressing, rules needs changing. If you can play T20/One day games in limited light then you can play test cricket,

Is there really much need to host these games within 5 set days? Why not play tomorrow for example? There is no crowd to consider.

51 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Is there really much need to host these games within 5 set days? Why not play tomorrow for example? There is no crowd to consider.

Well the next one starts on Friday so I guess that would have to be moved. And I guess won't want to be in the bubble any more than they have to. 

They can't go anywhere so might as well have a knock about tonight. Probably wouldn't have bothered if there was a crowd and they could go home. 

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

A lot criticism when Crawley was fast-tracked into England squads without looking fantastic in county cricket but does look a decent player. Needs to be careful he doesn't fall into the Denly trap and go on to make big scores. 

Yeah, got to give him his dues this morning. Really impressed me with his patience when closing in on 50 too, the temptation to swipe at one must have been massive with lunch so close.

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

Yeah, got to give him his dues this morning. Really impressed me with his patience when closing in on 50 too, the temptation to swipe at one must have been massive with lunch so close.

Yeah, bit of luck a couple of times but always need that. Whisper it quietly but looks a decent bet for number 3 going forward, offers good change of style to Burns and Sibley too. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Yeah, bit of luck a couple of times but always need that. Whisper it quietly but looks a decent bet for number 3 going forward, offers good change of style to Burns and Sibley too. 

Long term, I see him opening and Dan Lawrence coming in at 3. With the unorthodox styles of Burns/Sibley, I reckon if one gets into a rut it could be very tough for them to get out of it, and I see at least one of them being dropped at some point. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of both, I just think both have flaws in their technique which will make it difficult to succeed at Test level in the long run. Would love to proven wrong of course as I think the way they both occupy the crease as openers is excellent. 

11 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I'll be the first to hold my hands up and say I was cynical about him being fast-tracked into the Test side (you wouldn't have to look back through the cricket threads on here to find that), but it's really exciting to see what could be a solid top order trio if they all progress as they should.

4 minutes ago, Osavo said:

Long term, I see him opening and Dan Lawrence coming in at 3. With the unorthodox styles of Burns/Sibley, I reckon if one gets into a rut it could be very tough for them to get out of it, and I see at least one of them being dropped at some point. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of both, I just think both have flaws in their technique which will make it difficult to succeed at Test level in the long run. Would love to proven wrong of course as I think the way they both occupy the crease as openers is excellent. 

Yeah, i have similar fears too to be honest. Opening the batting is tough and inevitably you will have low scores but generally speaking you need at least one good to big score in a series to keep you going. Going to be a big winter for them to consolidate if they do tour.