Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cricket 2020

23 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

He's a great bowler and I like him as he made his name with us.

The downside is I always got the impression that him and his Dad thought they were too good for us, and also he's a Forest fan.

After many stagnant years. ..Broad was too Good for us....!!

Our county cricket team, cant afford Non-playing internationals

Thought Ireland had blown it when Stirling and Balbirnie went.

No such thing as dead rubbers now either with all these ODIs counting towards World Cup qualification. Individual match wins here and there will be crucial for teams like them.

Excited for this series. England in form, Pakistan with some exciting players coming through. Babar Azam is one of the best around. Shah and Afridi are young and have a lot of talent. Hopefully it's as exciting as the West Indies test. 

50 minutes ago, StanSP said:

'You can come back out to play but you're not allowed to bowl your fast bowlers'

Basically the rule here. What a joke lol 

I do wonder how much the umps are playing it safe this summer given they're not neutral ICC ones. That said, this needs reform at the top. Why can't Tests be played under lights when white ball games can? Ridiculous.

26 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I do wonder how much the umps are playing it safe this summer given they're not neutral ICC ones. That said, this needs reform at the top. Why can't Tests be played under lights when white ball games can? Ridiculous.

Yeah that's what I thought. Day/night games are fine but gets a bit dark, despite powerful floodlights on, and suddenly it's an issue...

59 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yeah that's what I thought. Day/night games are fine but gets a bit dark, despite powerful floodlights on, and suddenly it's an issue...

And now for the rest of the test, that'll be the limit. Crazy that white ball pitches seem absolutely illuminated by light in the dark, yet test seems unable to do so

3 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Has it ever not rained during a test at OT? 

Frickin Hopeless.:(

We should just have one test ground and build a massive roof over it.:)

Times have changed, it used to be the sun that stopped play there.

Hopefully no rain today? England need a couple of wickets in the first session at least. Became a bit of a hard toil yesterday when the current 2 got in. The interruption towards the end didn't help but breaking up this partnership is important and doing it earlier on is needed. 

Similar pattern of play as yesterday. 

England take some wickets first session. 

Pakistan settle after lunch and pick up runs steadily. 

Masood's century been quite calm after a nervy start. 

Could Pakistan get about 400? Would be quite impressive for the first test and puts pressure on England. Gives the bowlers something to protect too when England bat.