Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cricket 2020

46 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

This side definitely a batsman short. With all the pressure on on Buttler, Ollie Pope has quietly had a pretty average summer despite looking good occasionally. 

I do sometimes wonder if there is a case for both Buttler and Foakes playing. Buttler's batting is certainly improving and Foakes has proved he's good enough at Test level with the bat, as well as the obvious advantage he gives you with the gloves. Guess the downside is Buttler might potentially lose confidence if you talk the gloves off of him, but he should really take that as a compliment as it means he's seen as good enough to get in on his batting alone.

14 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I do sometimes wonder if there is a case for both Buttler and Foakes playing. Buttler's batting is certainly improving and Foakes has proved he's good enough at Test level with the bat, as well as the obvious advantage he gives you with the gloves. Guess the downside is Buttler might potentially lose confidence if you talk the gloves off of him, but he should really take that as a compliment as it means he's seen as good enough to get in on his batting alone.

Who do you drop though? I agree about Pope being quiet this summer, however he still averages 40 over 12 matches, a very good record for someone his age, plus his technique is very sound. Our best team has him at 6, with one WK at 7 imo (when Stokes is playing). I was a huge proponent of Foakes being that number 7, however Buttler has insured his place for at least another few matches after his innings in the first test. 

Stokes is so important, but for me he is a batsmen who bowls so of he's injured or not playing then you replace him with a batsmen. If you want 4 seamers then a spinner misses out. 

Brilliant Zak, great knock. A likeable guy. 

Edited by RowlattsFox

42 minutes ago, Osavo said:

Who do you drop though? I agree about Pope being quiet this summer, however he still averages 40 over 12 matches, a very good record for someone his age, plus his technique is very sound. Our best team has him at 6, with one WK at 7 imo (when Stokes is playing). I was a huge proponent of Foakes being that number 7, however Buttler has insured his place for at least another few matches after his innings in the first test. 

Yeah I agree, I'm not saying it should be our Plan A by any means. Just that it could be feasible in future if someone has a disastrous loss of form.

• Like 1

Brilliant from Crawley and Buttler, turned a potentially tough situation into a fantastic day and position. Shows again how Test cricket can be so demoralising when one side gets on top.

On another note, seems that Michael Holding is retiring. A real shame- top commentator and great, iconic voice. Let's hope it isn't Warne who is the neutral man from now on, or at least tell him to cut the bants out.

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Shane Warne has been much better as a pundit this summer. Long may that continue.

'Much' better may be a stretch. Today he spent most of the day making shite lookalike banter (yes, Shane, we get it, you think Yasir looks like Messi). 

He's good when he analyses spin bowling, other than that he may as well stay quiet. I can think of a huge number of non-English commentators I'd prefer tbh. 

Burns

Sibley

Crawley / Bairstow

Root

Stokes/Livingstone

Pope/Ali

Butler / Foakes

Bess/Leach/Rashid

Broad/Curran

Archer/Wood

Anderson/Woakes

With Covid hanging around....Then even if we get back to some normality....

Before 2022...I cant see too many more new names....mainly just shuffling around...

37 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Hope he gets 300, don't think i've seen an England player get there since i've started watching (around 05)

Last England batsman to get a triple ton is still Graham Gooch, way back in 1990.

Pretty much every major Test-playing nation other than England has had at least one person do it for them since then.

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Burns

Sibley

Crawley / Bairstow

Root

Stokes/Livingstone

Pope/Ali

Butler / Foakes

Bess/Leach/Rashid

Broad/Curran

Archer/Wood

Anderson/Woakes

With Covid hanging around....Then even if we get back to some normality....

Before 2022...I cant see too many more new names....mainly just shuffling around...

Think Dan Lawerence might appear at no.3 if he keeps his form up, doubt we will ever see Bairstow at no.3 again his technique isn't good enough. Could also see Crawley moving up in Burns/Sibley don't cement there places. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Think Dan Lawerence might appear at no.3 if he keeps his form up, doubt we will ever see Bairstow at no.3 again his technique isn't good enough. Could also see Crawley moving up in Burns/Sibley don't cement there places. 

Actually I Think it was Lawrence I meant..

• Like 1