Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cricket 2020

On 22/08/2020 at 19:13, Silebyfox_89 said:

Think Dan Lawerence might appear at no.3 if he keeps his form up, doubt we will ever see Bairstow at no.3 again his technique isn't good enough. Could also see Crawley moving up in Burns/Sibley don't cement there pla

Unique times...

West Indies & Pakistan...from a cricket crazy Englishman...Thank you very much for coming over,in these hard times & special circumstances..to every Single One of  you, your commitment and those smiles..You didnt Lock those up with your baggage..!!!

17 years of fabulous Achievements to Jimmy Anderson. When a kid asks "what is a sportsman and a True great"  I can happily reply...James Anderson...

In all my years taking Part & watching sport, I have usually been chilled...but so called expert Coaches that really  made me Angry at the time, was when

they interfered trying to re-correct Jimmies Run up & style..

I also believe poor coaching & too much poking,  held back & ruined Steve Finns Int.career!!

I wonder if J.Anderson can still bowl at the highest Level into his 40s.... crickets answer to Teddy Sheringham...!!

Edited by fuchsntf

Good that the BBC has live cricket again but the standard of commentary and analysis is poor. Vaughan, Tufnell and Guha offer very little.

Hopefully Sky and BBC can work together in future so matches are on terrestrial and Sky provide the commentary.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Some great hitting but bowling has been poor since I turned it on. Yet to see Mahmood or Tom Curran look close to international quality. 

Bowling has been awful, are Yorkers outlawed now?  A really tough ask to win this.

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

Some great hitting but bowling has been poor since I turned it on. Yet to see Mahmood or Tom Curran look close to international quality. 

Tom Curran is an odd one. Everyone bangs on about how good his variations are and what a tricky bowler he is to face yet whenever I watch him, be it in the Blast, the Big Bash or IT20s, he always gets tonked around the ground. Think we have better options tbh.

Mahmood has the pace but is horribly wayward, has serious work to do if he wants to be a regular. 

I lasted one over of BBC's coverage before I got sick of Vaughan's drivel. As Corky said, great to see cricket back on terrestrial TV but they'll have to improve the coverage if people are to watch it. Sky are streets ahead. 

2 minutes ago, Osavo said:

Tom Curran is an odd one. Everyone bangs on about how good his variations are and what a tricky bowler he is to face yet whenever I watch him, be it in the Blast, the Big Bash or IT20s, he always gets tonked around the ground. Think we have better options tbh.

Mahmood has the pace but is horribly wayward, has serious work to do if he wants to be a regular. 

I lasted one over of BBC's coverage before I got sick of Vaughan's drivel. As Corky said, great to see cricket back on terrestrial TV but they'll have to improve the coverage if people are to watch it. Sky are streets ahead. 

I think Curran has taken some wickets in the big bash, may have even been leading wicket taker at some point and does have a decent final over in him but no good if you get smashed around for your other 3. International is a different level. David Willey is always unlucky for me.

Let's be fair tough, T20 is not easy for a quick bowler.

Morgan is really underrated when people talk about England cricketers. So good to watch when he's on a good day.