Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cricket 2020

These are the games,One wants to see the Bantons & Billings start to make themselves get noticed...

Plus Wood & Archer, have to find more discipline in their bowling.....The 50 over games will show if they can move on from their great W.cup

and find that conistency, all Australian bowlers tend to find season in season out, & Standing up when it Really matters...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

England have a Great group of First Choice white ball cricketers....

Roy..Bairstow..Malan..Butler,Stokes..Root...Morgan..Rashid..Woakes....

with The Curran brothers,Archer,Woods, Banton, Jordan Ali, giving us decent choices.

Cover..then Willey,Billings & a couple of New youngsters biting at the bit...

3 hours ago, trabuch said:

Smith has a very punchable face. Irritatingly good cricketer though. The Aussie catching is top class.

Journalists I know in the cricket bubble say Smith got swept along with the 'trying to be a hard nosed Aussie' thing (leading up to sandpaper-gate) but is a genuinely nice fella.

44 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Journalists I know in the cricket bubble say Smith got swept along with the 'trying to be a hard nosed Aussie' thing (leading up to sandpaper-gate) but is a genuinely nice fella.

I'm quite glad to hear it, I think of him as a bit of a pantomime villain if I'm honest.

11 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I don't think Warner's quite the cock people think either.

I live in Aus so hear a lot of the views through my Aussie mates on the team, and the general consensus is that Warner is the chief cock of the team.

Most think he as Vice Captain was a big part in driving the toxic culture, and that Steve Smith is not a people person in the slightest (in fact the opposite) so he was buying in to the idea of being a hard-nosed Aussie as you mentioned above.

Obviously quite hard to tell but most views (and read about from ex players etc) I’ve heard are that Warner is a nasty piece of work. All hearsay but it’s spread to the views of most of people here 

14 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I don't think Warner's quite the cock people think either.

It would be tricky for him to be as bad as most people think! The only (former, admittedly) Australian cricketer I really know anything about is Jason Gillespie. He seems a very decent person. I'll be sorry to lose him from SussexCCC. 

12 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Strange innings, at about 135-5 they would have bit your arm off for 290+ but when Maxwell and Marsh were teeing off they must have been thinking 320 ish

At 123-5 I was expecting us to get them out for around 200 :whistle:

Edited by deejdeej

5 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

At 123-5 I was expecting us to get them out for around 200 :whistle:

Yeah I think had they got Maxwell or Marsh pretty quickly then they would have been fortunate to hit 200. As good as England are and still favourites for this I'm guessing they might still be a little bit miffed

7 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Yeah I think had they got Maxwell or Marsh pretty quickly then they would have been fortunate to hit 200. As good as England are and still favourites for this I'm guessing they might still be a little bit miffed

Yep that was a brilliant partnership those 2 formed. Bairstow and Roy here look petrified of the ball lol