Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

What's everyone cooking?

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

20p WHOOOPS tiger bread loaf, brought it back to life in the oven so it was that nice balance of warm, soft and chewy. Lovingly sliced down the middle 3/4 of the way and enveloped a big fcuk off slab of salted butter in there followed by 6 slices of plastic cheese, a pack of bacon, fried onions, jalapeños and 9 Bernard Matthews turkey drummers.

WHAT ABOUT DEM SAUCES? 

Frank's buffalo wings, mayo and a nip of BBQ

I must admit I had to eat it in 3 sittings as I could feel the gout crystallising with every mouthful. But once I rode the storm it was a pleasure to eat it and just another faultless entry in to the portfolio. I've taken the rest of the day off to celebrate/lay down.

Is this a regular thing?

Made a BANGING braised cabbage the other day that goes well with anything (I imagine even @Ric Flairs rotting tiger bread supersandwich):

1 red cabbage, chopped fine

1 pint berry cider

1 large red onion, diced

Large handful raisins

Large handful dried cranberries

Big chunk of butter

Half teaspoon cinnamon powder

Salt

Splash of balsamic vinegar

Boil it up for 45 mins

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm not a well man, no. I've a list of ailments as long as my foreign wingers lists but I won't have that it's anything to do with my diet. If anything it's helped. I have to get free shoes off the NHS.

Well shoes off to you. Send me more. I'm going to try these.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Decided I’d cook for my wife’s birthday last week. Over cooked the potato and the chicken ended up not being cooked and was raw, basically like a dead rat on the plate! 

very nearly ended that day a single man

...Not sure that's a bad thing... lol

15 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Decided I’d cook for my wife’s birthday last week. Over cooked the potato and the chicken ended up not being cooked and was raw, basically like a dead rat on the plate! 

very nearly ended that day a single man. 

Come on..!!  Your Plan worked...She told you , she loves you.!!!    Bit ffs sake, Stay out of the  fking  kitchen...!!:P

8 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Do share. I've only done chips so far. 

So, do some chicken goujon type things with rice crispys, flour, salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder batter. Wack them in a brioche bun, smoked cheese, lettuce and some BBQ sauce.

I’ve made crispy shredded beef which is every bit as good as from the Chinese and also teriyaki beef like at Yo Sushi which is very similar.

Beer battered onion rings, donuts, the list is endless. Covid 19, it’s coming for me.

Edited by Costock_Fox

51 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Anyone bang in to their pizza's? I've been an amateur pizzaiolo for many years but I'm obsessed. Had an Ooni pizza oven for my birthday last year and it's a game changer.

IMG_20210118_211925_743.jpg

Looks fab, but why is it in a takeaway pizza box? 🤔

On 20/01/2021 at 23:18, foxile5 said:

Why double fry? 

If cooking chips, I par-cook them first in the fryer at a low temperature until just about done, lift them out and turn the temperature to its highest. Then when the rest of the food you are cooking is about ready, stick them back in for a couple of minutes. Get perfectly cooked and crispy chips. Note, this is if you are cooking home cut potatoes, not frozen chips.

20 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

Looks fab, but why is it in a takeaway pizza box? 🤔

Done a few pop up nights with my brother for friends and family. 

A little half and half I've been working on this week. I'm also going to do a Turkey kiev one once Aldi stock the little sods again.

IMG-20210120-WA0005.jpg

• Like 2