Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

What's everyone cooking?

24 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Been to the butchers today and picked up some faggots at a cheap price - mashed celeriac and swede, roasties, and faggots with onion gravy. That's gonna be a winner winner for dinner.

Actually..thank-you!!!

I Havent had Faggots for years!!  Gives me an idea for the weekend..The Frozen-Stuff in my fridge,can Stay frozen,for another day...!!!

I will make my own,Fresh ones tomorrow.Make a few to extend into another day in the coming week...sort of faggot-piling...

What I enjoy now about this forum,over the years is seeing more men have taken to the kitchen,also Experiment outside the well known dishes...

when I was younger,outside my father,then only a couple more when I was in the Gastronomy,who could or wanted to cook.even as an older kid,I started to learn to cook from some relations.

Then later I courted a Girl from an Indian Family und her Lovely Relations (the women)aunts,mam,granma..taught me the Indian-Asian cuisine,especially the patience und building up the preperation...Then Fortune brought me across the paths of the Various Chinese &indonesian kitchens.

Over the many years, when Meeting new Girlfriend and friends,I was Happy to cook occasionally.

My Wife a Beautiful Black-Forest bauenhof-girl,was pleasantly suprised ( even with 3 brothers) that I could cook.Over the years we have taught and learnt from each other...Though she & the kids did the majority of Cleaning up of the kitchen...

It is Great to see more European men,wear the aprons & enhance at all levels..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

I came back from holiday last Sunday and it really was down to earth with a bump. I work in the Thames Valley during the week and because accommodation is so expensive down there I rent a caravan pitch and stay there rather than spend a third of my monthly on rent. Obviously there was next to nothing in the caravan and when I stopped at a supermarket there was virtually nothing left on the shelves. Not just the aisle with bog roll and cleaning products but aisle after aisle with hardly any food. My tea was a microwave potato and a tin of pease pudding. I think that was probably quite a nutricious and well-balanced meal because there is quite a lot of protein in peas but it does look very much like wartime fare to me. When I got home last night salmon from my freezer was like manna from heaven! Is Boris going to urge us to dust down grand-parents wartime recipes if this goes on for months?

• 2 weeks later...

Are Breakfast Stir-Frys a thing?

I've been having them instead of Fry-Ups/Toast/Cereal. It seems healthier to me.

Nothing too flashy - chicken breast, onions, brocolli, maybe some tomatoes. Soy or similar sauce. Olive Oil.

Maybe this is a short-cut to obesity?!

Working our way through the "My Daddy Cooks" book :thumbup:

Also finding I am a natural reading the "My Daddy remembers Cock All About School Work" book...

My fishmongers is closed but still doing deliveries which I'm most thankful for, I eat quite a bit of fish and the stuff you get at supermarkets is an abomination. Brought some absolutely beautiful John Dory fillets today, pan-fried them with an apple veloute, some roasted celeriac, wilted spinach and loads of hasselback new potatoes. First proper cooked meal I've made for a week so most chuffed