Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

What's everyone cooking?

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Used some sweet chilli jar sauce to make like a bolognaise style mine dish. 

Utterly horrendous and tasted foul. Usually i don't mind jar sauces for something quick but this ruined a dinner. 

Real piss boiler too because I'd eaten a tonne before i was prepared to write it off. Nightmare. 

I may be completely misunderstanding you, but surely sweet chilli and bolognese don't go together? 

• Haha 2

BBQ’ing. I spent rather a lot of money on charcoal and make my own burgers (Stilton/chilli/Red Leicester) chicken skewers (tandoori style stuff mainly and a bunch of veggie skewers) and have a shelf in the fridge dedicated to halloumi which is our guilty pleasure atm.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I may be completely misunderstanding you, but surely sweet chilli and bolognese don't go together? 

Yeah you're right. It was tomato and sweet chilli. It looked like the right stuff. That was probably the issue. 

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Nah mate that was the mrs’ portion mine was chaos and not aesthetic enough to post. See below 

DFAF473C-06B4-419E-9CAA-BC0113F6164C.jpeg

That’s more like it. I wish I enjoyed/could cook. Everything you make looks really good. 

My Mrs was being lazy today so it was last nights leftover takeaway for dinner for me.

10 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I'm eating some upsetting shit these days, mostly frozen cauliflower cheese and chicken nuggets

12 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

That’s more like it. I wish I enjoyed/could cook. Everything you make looks really good. 

My Mrs was being lazy today so it was last nights leftover takeaway for dinner for me.

Check out Nat - you’ll be cooking up a storm in no time...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Made my own Crafty today. Fried chicken, gochugang sauce and lettuce with beef burger loaded fries.

49E1745A-EE0B-41E6-90FC-1715BFEF8CB2.jpeg

And a nice Punk to go with it!

What are beef burger loaded fries? 

1 minute ago, Milo said:

And a nice Punk to go with it!

What are beef burger loaded fries? 

Indeed, that’s not going down too well as I had a few too many last night.

Mashed up beef burger, onion, mustard and jalapeños with cheese on top of chips. Dead healthy.

• Like 1

On 02/05/2020 at 12:01, Unabomber said:

Just made a nice sausage and egg McMuffin surprised no one else has thought of this.

C12ECC22-1CAC-4447-A1CC-35BB920DBF90.jpeg

That looks more appealing and appetising than the one you'd get at McDonald's (that not I tried one there, mind).

Edited by Wymsey

The only thing I really miss about not eating meat is chorizo. I used to have it on pretty much everything!

Anyway, decided to make my own vegan version, and it turned out much better than I thought. Taste is exactly the same, the only thing that is different is the texture - its a bit softer and doesn't crisp up when you fry it.

But all in all, very happy :P

chorizo.jpg

7 minutes ago, Milo said:

The only thing I really miss about not eating meat is chorizo. I used to have it on pretty much everything!

Anyway, decided to make my own vegan version, and it turned out much better than I thought. Taste is exactly the same, the only thing that is different is the texture - its a bit softer and doesn't crisp up when you fry it.

But all in all, very happy :P

chorizo.jpg

I’ve seen them smuggled into airports on TV so they must be decent.

• Haha 4

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

20p WHOOOPS tiger bread loaf, brought it back to life in the oven so it was that nice balance of warm, soft and chewy. Lovingly sliced down the middle 3/4 of the way and enveloped a big fcuk off slab of salted butter in there followed by 6 slices of plastic cheese, a pack of bacon, fried onions, jalapeños and 9 Bernard Matthews turkey drummers.

WHAT ABOUT DEM SAUCES? 

Frank's buffalo wings, mayo and a nip of BBQ

I must admit I had to eat it in 3 sittings as I could feel the gout crystallising with every mouthful. But once I rode the storm it was a pleasure to eat it and just another faultless entry in to the portfolio. I've taken the rest of the day off to celebrate/lay down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3