Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Poco

Worst modern day XI

13 minutes ago, 49er said:

Not sure if anyone remembers Paul Brown who played left back and only made one appearance in a home FA cup game against Notts County in the Milne era. He was ripped to shreds by Iain McCulloch and was never seen again.

image.thumb.jpeg.deae1f1db477bbca1d2f12532aef7dd1.jpeg

Akinbadbye, now someone remind me the first goal he scored Against who ? He ran to half way line ,shirt off, now I think that means he must be taken off list ( sort of giggs moment with muscle !) 

Going to throw in the name Ryan Smith, joined us on loan from Arsenal and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player with a worse attitude towards football than him.

Pretty sure he was dubbed a wonder kid and was touted as a future England international, from what I remember he was quick, skilful but didn’t look like he actually wanted to play football either that or thought he was better than us and in the end I think his career dwindled and I presume he sank down the divisions.

2 hours ago, Fish said:

Akinbadbye, now someone remind me the first goal he scored Against who ? He ran to half way line ,shirt off, now I think that means he must be taken off list ( sort of giggs moment with muscle !) 

Wasn't his first goal. It was near enough his last for us, against Sunderland at home.

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Going to throw in the name Ryan Smith, joined us on loan from Arsenal and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player with a worse attitude towards football than him.

Pretty sure he was dubbed a wonder kid and was touted as a future England international, from what I remember he was quick, skilful but didn’t look like he actually wanted to play football either that or thought he was better than us and in the end I think his career dwindled and I presume he sank down the divisions.

Yet another super debut,followed by dross.Bobbed about a bit with Millwall, Derby,Palace and Southampton.Played for 2 clubs in the States.Ended up in Greece.

• Like 1

Personally really liked Jordan Stewart 

* should have read the whole thread first, plenty in here supporting this. Glad my memory wasn’t completely warped, I thought I’d missed something. 

Edited by Lambert09

I used to wear my socks over my knees on Sunday mornings at football because of Jordan Stewart.

Beckford is a bit harsh too, I’ve seen him mentioned. He came across as a bit of a bellend who never really wanted to be here but he scored some good goals. Hatty against Forest too so that raises his stock a bit. 

Edited by Manini

45 minutes ago, Manini said:

I used to wear my socks over my knees on Sunday mornings at football because of Jordan Stewart.

Beckford is a bit harsh too, I’ve seen him mentioned. He came across as a bit of a bellend who never really wanted to be here but he scored some good goals. Hatty against Forest too so that raises his stock a bit. 

I used to because of Britney Spears 

I thought Luis Hernandez was absolutely garbage for us - He put in one of the worst displays I've ever seen away at Bournemouth in the 2016 / 2017 season - He made their left wing back look world class and I was embarrassed for the lad. 

Ron Robert Zieler was in goal and he takes some beating in the crap stakes as well. 

I appreciate the malaise of players we had come through from 2003 to 2008 were probably worse but these two were totally toilet for us I thought. 

Edited by Crazy Kop Corner

5 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Patrick Gerrbrand all over the place at centre half

Remember those ****ing weird sock tie things the players used to wear for like a season with the players name and number on? I’ve got a signed pair of his. Honestly I think they go down categorically as the worst piece of football memorabilia anybody has ever owned. 

• Haha 1