Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Çağlar Söyüncü: Turkey’s Sensation

Very nice article, seems like a great guy as we all know.

I wonder how long he will be here for? He is very talented and whilst I am sure he likes the club, he will see us as a stepping stone for sure like a number of other players. But usually in most clubs you get one or two that end up staying the distance and becoming true club legends. Kasper, Wes and Vardy for me are all well on the way to becoming that at the moment and Kasper and Vardy could definitely have left if they wanted to. Of the young guns, if I had to pick one it wouldn't surprise me if Ndidi ended up staying at Leicester for the best years of his career. He's more than good enough to leave, but I could both see him becoming a captain here and I don't think he would push for a move away as he doesn't seem to be that sort of person. He is also loved by the fans and he seems to like the area too. Barnes and Hamza will probably stay too, but they are academy players so it's a bit different.

Despite having limited English, I could see Soyuncu becoming a good captain at a club someday. He's always very assertive not just in the way he anticipates the ball, but also his demeanor. I have seen him clearly tell off Wes Morgan in a few matches this season which I think is great given that Wes is a living legend and club captain. It shows that he cares about keeping that clean sheet and doesn't care about egos, which is important in a leader. He could even end up becoming captain here, though I would be surprised if he doesn't go for Maguire style money. Maguire at his best was good, but not as good as Soyuncu at his best IMO. Also Soyuncu for me is the more consistent player even if he is sometimes more rash.

• Like 1

I think cags demonstrates the requirement for young players to work hard and take on board the directions given.  Now he has kolo toure guiding him.  His agent told me that cags would be the best centre back in the world in 3 years and I think he will be proven right

13 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

I think cags demonstrates the requirement for young players to work hard and take on board the directions given.  Now he has kolo toure guiding him.  His agent told me that cags would be the best centre back in the world in 3 years and I think he will be proven right

How do you know his agent? 

• 1 year later...
On 27/04/2020 at 10:15, Collymore said:

Quote from Nigel Pearson

"Nigel, how do you deal with Marcian if he is late for a meeting?" 

"I change the time of the meeting" 

One of my favourite Pearson answers! 

To be fair, he was out of this world. :ph34r:

45 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The last sentence is very relevant ..... the fifty goals we conceded this season cost us in the end .....

Yes it did and we seemed to concede more and look at times defensively weaker by going 5 at the back. Need to sack that off next season or completely overhaul the team to play it which would be silly.

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Our defensive record was down to the 19 different combinations we had to field rather than any one individual.

Just as the previous season, where we needed to play a back three with Bennett,  it’s not just about the number of injuries - it’s also about the quality of who you bring in or the damage it does to other parts of the team (ie losing wilf from cdm v Spurs or Timmy from wing back )

liverpool discovered that dropping Fabinho from midfield was costing them big time. 

our defensive squad hasn’t been deep enough for the last two seasons and it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy as those who aren’t fit are asked to play and then suffer injuries.  

you could argue that if we get an effective cover in for wilf then we could drop him back when necessary but he isn’t a CB. 

anyway, the point is that winning leagues and tournaments is generally dependant on a strong defence. 

47 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Our defensive record was down to the 19 different combinations we had to field rather than any one individual.

Not enough pundits/Journo's have recognised or appreciated the number of injuries we have had. I've said it a few times and I'll continue to say it, because Brendan didn't kick up like Klopp did we weren't cared about

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Not enough pundits/Journo's have recognised or appreciated the number of injuries we have had. I've said it a few times and I'll continue to say it, because Brendan didn't kick up like Klopp did we weren't cared about

The worrying thing is as a back 5 we were suspect but even more so when one of Evans, Fofana or Soyuncu were out. We have to move away from 3-4-1-2 as the only player it suits is Iheanacho in the whole squad.

Defensively we are worse, Maddison drops too deep and loses any threat, Vardy not as effective and Barnes struggled in it earlier in the season. Our full backs playing as wingback aren't that dominant either. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

The worrying thing is as a back 5 we were suspect but even more so when one of Evans, Fofana or Soyuncu were out. We have to move away from 3-4-1-2 as the only player it suits is Iheanacho in the whole squad.

Defensively we are worse, Maddison drops too deep and loses any threat, Vardy not as effective and Barnes struggled in it earlier in the season. Our full backs playing as wingback aren't that dominant either. 

100%, 5 back suited Nacho and that's about it. We lost our attacking potency from fullback, our wing play and much of the pressing we had. 

We cannot start to use that formation when everyone returns to fitness, it simply doesn't suit us.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We know that Soyuncu - Fofana is not ready yet , so I assume Fofana is benched which means we do not need another top line CB. A very experienced veteran fits the bill better.

35 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We know that Soyuncu - Fofana is not ready yet , so I assume Fofana is benched which means we do not need another top line CB. A very experienced veteran fits the bill better.

I think rather than a veteran we need a mid to late twenties defender who will come here to rebuild their career or a new challenge. We also have an exceptional young defender in Ben Nelson coming through too. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think rather than a veteran we need a mid to late twenties defender who will come here to rebuild their career or a new challenge. We also have an exceptional young defender in Ben Nelson coming through too. 

Do like the Nelson idea but seems unlikely. I think he will be in the squads for some Europa games like last season though. 

What about another talented youngster on loan with an option to buy. Someone like Tanguy Nianzou at Bayern who needs game time.

Gives us depth for the season + will be succession planning for when Fofana or Soyuncu eventually leave.

We can sign Tarkowski on a free next summer if needed.

Edited by Shane
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Shane said:

Do like the Nelson idea but seems unlikely. I think he will be in the squads for some Europa games like last season though. 

What about another talented youngster on loan with an option to buy. Someone like Tanguy Nianzou at Bayern who needs game time.

Gives us depth for the season + will be succession planning for when Fofana or Soyuncu eventually leave.

We can sign Tarkowski on a free next summer if needed.

....i hope Ejaria is watching this, as it seems a defender has more awareness and vision that an attacking midfielder with his skill level!!!

Ejaria could be an amazing player but lacks awareness and as a results all his good work is unproductive, absolutely no end product. Tanguy looks a very good player, positive and looks forward to support the team, he is very similar to what we have at the moment and we need something different. Unless one of our back three goes then we do not need to go down this road with getting Tanguy in.