Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Çağlar Söyüncü: Turkey’s Sensation

12 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

We know that Soyuncu - Fofana is not ready yet , so I assume Fofana is benched which means we do not need another top line CB. A very experienced veteran fits the bill better.

Ready for what...:dunno:....

• Like 1

On 27/04/2020 at 11:54, StriderHiryu said:

Very nice article, seems like a great guy as we all know.

I wonder how long he will be here for? He is very talented and whilst I am sure he likes the club, he will see us as a stepping stone for sure like a number of other players. But usually in most clubs you get one or two that end up staying the distance and becoming true club legends. Kasper, Wes and Vardy for me are all well on the way to becoming that at the moment and Kasper and Vardy could definitely have left if they wanted to. Of the young guns, if I had to pick one it wouldn't surprise me if Ndidi ended up staying at Leicester for the best years of his career. He's more than good enough to leave, but I could both see him becoming a captain here and I don't think he would push for a move away as he doesn't seem to be that sort of person. He is also loved by the fans and he seems to like the area too. Barnes and Hamza will probably stay too, but they are academy players so it's a bit different.

Despite having limited English, I could see Soyuncu becoming a good captain at a club someday. He's always very assertive not just in the way he anticipates the ball, but also his demeanor. I have seen him clearly tell off Wes Morgan in a few matches this season which I think is great given that Wes is a living legend and club captain. It shows that he cares about keeping that clean sheet and doesn't care about egos, which is important in a leader. He could even end up becoming captain here, though I would be surprised if he doesn't go for Maguire style money. Maguire at his best was good, but not as good as Soyuncu at his best IMO. Also Soyuncu for me is the more consistent player even if he is sometimes more rash.

He’ll be gone as soon as someone waves a wad at us as bigs as Cag’s legendary beast. 

Edited by ARM1968

I don’t get the over hyping of Soyuncu. He’s a brilliant defender don’t get me wrong but sometimes over plays or tries too much leaving himself in a spot of bother. 

1 hour ago, Bert said:

I don’t get the over hyping of Soyuncu. He’s a brilliant defender don’t get me wrong but sometimes over plays or tries too much leaving himself in a spot of bother. 

Cags probably regressed somewhat this season (I put that down primarily to the time off due to injuries and Covid), but last season he was simply sensational.

On 01/06/2021 at 23:08, NaijaFox said:

Cags probably regressed somewhat this season (I put that down primarily to the time off due to injuries and Covid), but last season he was simply sensational.

His regression was also due to being played out of position way out on the left of three. He's naturally right footed albeit reasonably decent with his left. He plays right centre half for Turkey but looked good on the left of a two for us last year. However, having to cover wide left almost like a left back at times exposed certain weaknesses. If played in his more comfortable positions I think we'd see him back to his best. 

• Like 3

On 01/06/2021 at 23:08, NaijaFox said:

Defensively our best spell of the season and our form was when cags was in a 2 with jonny evans. As far as I can tell he's made one big error all year. The guy is a beast - he's really under appreciated by some of our fans but probably due to our embarrassment of riches at centre half.

7 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Defensively our best spell of the season and our form was when cags was in a 2 with jonny evans. As far as I can tell he's made one big error all year. The guy is a beast - he's really under appreciated by some of our fans but probably due to our embarrassment of riches at centre half.

Well we do have six at the moment ,Evans,Fofana,Soyuncu,Amartey,Benkovic and Knight but apparently we need another , better be safe than sorry.

On 01/06/2021 at 08:24, UniFox21 said:

100%, 5 back suited Nacho and that's about it. We lost our attacking potency from fullback, our wing play and much of the pressing we had. 

We cannot start to use that formation when everyone returns to fitness, it simply doesn't suit us.

I think it was more of a case that playing regularly suited Iheanacho rather than the formation. The people who are saying Iheanacho can't play up front on his own are the same ones saying he couldn't play at all before his run and have failed to notice that he has basically played as a lone striker with Vardy playing more like the Barnes left side role.

I totally agree with you about 5 at the back, it doesn't suit our CB's who look far better as a pairing, it doesn't suit our full backs, who look better defensively, and offensively where they attack when the occasion arises rather than being forced to and provide the width. The 5 at the back is supposed to sacrifice some of our attacking ability and provide more defensive ability but for me we look far better at the back with 4 rather than 5.

Probably due to the fact that with a back 4 we attack more and that takes away the oppositions ability to attack us where as a back 5 invites pressure on us.

• Like 1

Guest Bert Fill
2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Well we do have six at the moment ,Evans,Fofana,Soyuncu,Amartey,Benkovic and Knight but apparently we need another , better be safe than sorry.

I imagine the idea is to get someone better than the last three you list, none of whom are good enough. Amartey (who I have a lot of time for) is presumably the best of them, and you can’t rely on him to do more than provide decent cover for a game or two - if you’re lucky.  If you’re unlucky you get a rabbit caught in headlights.  If we want to keep improving then (among other things) we need two back up centre backs who are pretty darned good. One of them being pretty darned experienced would be good too.

31 minutes ago, Bert Fill said:

I imagine the idea is to get someone better than the last three you list, none of whom are good enough. Amartey (who I have a lot of time for) is presumably the best of them, and you can’t rely on him to do more than provide decent cover for a game or two - if you’re lucky.  If you’re unlucky you get a rabbit caught in headlights.  If we want to keep improving then (among other things) we need two back up centre backs who are pretty darned good. One of them being pretty darned experienced would be good too.

The problem is , the better they are , the less likely they are to consider themselves as back-ups ( see Tarkowski ) . They have to be very young , not ideal , or at the end of their career like Morgan.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Under - player of the tournament !

yes, why not? he could play well in the tournament.  Despite some arrogant Leicester fans belittling him , he is a valuable player of our national team . 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1