Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Çağlar Söyüncü: Turkey’s Sensation

One has to be or try to be somewhat streetwise....Forumwise, cultralwise....But then again...it cant be a One-Way street....

when you travel One should try to understand, accept Social etiquette Customs & learn from the locals how they Express present themselves

socially,family, & in business...But!!!  Brits, also have the right to Feel offended or upset,when others want to interface, But then Only put forward,Project

present & remain bombastic in their ways, when interfacing , mingling with others.

One Thing for many English, some Brits, its hard & difficult for us to get upset ,over many Gestures or lines of insults...

German, French,Dutch...Northern & Eastern  Europeans, can ignore,laugh it off, or just Think "twat". & let it go.....

Some nations Hide behind  Family honour from " hard-done-by" actions or words...

Many Nations are into combined wit & sarcasm, humerous & caustic...

Most of the guys/gals on the street,Remote mountains, deep Dark jungles,Roaming plans & deserts,

we all love the banter,the exchange of wit, opinions, ,Learning , humor and respect....

The art is...its better First to look & Listen, even embrace ( or not)  & never start by playing the teacher....end of lesson 1..:giggle:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

Guest Bert Fill
6 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Was "I am your father, Luke" extra offensive in Turkish? I'm a multi-cultural fountain of knowledge. I'm going to ram this into the first conversation I possible can.

I’d be very surprised if it isn’t ok for someone’s father to say ‘I am your father’ in any culture!

9 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I came here to see if anyone was moaning about Villa making a signing before us.

Instead I've learnt suggesting fatherhood to a Turk is an insult.

What a day.

You are experiencing culture shock :)

18 hours ago, Gazi Giray said:

Hi Bert .Thank you for your kind consideration .  I know well these comments are  not about Cengo being a Turk . I am not offended as being a Turk or Cengo being a Turk.. I only have been dissappointed  to see negative comments -but I can see this negative comments as usual in Turkish forum for Turkish players or foreign players.. Turkish fans also say he is rubbish, he is dustpin etc.. - I did not get this as a national issues.. But  because I wanted very much to see improve of Cengo as he has been one of the most promising young players even more that Çağs once , and also another disappointment for Cenk for Everton -I understand he has a big rival Dominique Calwert-Lewin , things about Cenk did not go well and he returned to Turkey.. So I lower my exxpectations  to a normal degree as it used to be.. Until a Turkish players to be successfull I will not mention about him or sending a post about him...

Good luck for tonight Giray. If England don’t win it, I’ll be supporting Turkey as my second team!

Haydi Haydi Alpa! Haydi Aslanlar! 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Was "I am your father, Luke" extra offensive in Turkish? I'm a multi-cultural fountain of knowledge. I'm going to ram this into the first conversation I possible can.

Hi Foxxed. This completely depends on intention , social statue and age difference.

For example a coach, a trainer, a teacher , a professor,  can say this to his students because the intensions is clear .. He is father of them with teaching , to protec to lead them to show the way from preventing from ignorance/inexpreince of the future world by leading opening to give them their  professions, career ways. 

Sometimes some groups of public name to well known person who is old and esteemed and regarded wise one as Father........ The group sees the man as being leader of life coach, pioneer. 

But between the same statue , same ages friends can not say this is clear .

Also this word can not use as a  joke -I do not know other cultures - 

But no problem at all , a tourist or  a businessperson who wisited  Turkey and generally do not say to anyone else in the street who met the first time ,  I am your father .. If he even says this , the people think that he is crazy. Because it would be to a degree unbelieavably  imposibile  :). By the way Turkish people are incredibly welcomed and hospitable people and give tolerance foreigners much more than Turks. 

Edited by Gazi Giray
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Gazi Giray said:

I realized that I have missunderstood and get wrong this word .. English like jokes much more than us..  Maybe you are more relax people than us.. 

I didn't want to get involved in an off topic but please don't reflect your ideas as the idea of a whole nation. Turks can make jokes out of anything and are very humorous people. Actually there is a stereotype on the contrary stating Mediterranean people are warmer than rest of the Europeans etc. But I've seen in this forum English people also have a great sense of humor.

And as for the father thing, it's not a common thing to be said however it's not an insult. If I said I'm your father/mother to my friends they would be confused but wouldn't attack me. There's literally a funny song called Ben Sizin Babanızım (I'm your father) by Baybaros Hayrettin in the 90s. I guess he wasn't trying to insult the entire country. 

5 minutes ago, sternenlicht said:

I didn't want to get involved in an off topic but please don't reflect your ideas as the idea of a whole nation. Turks can make jokes out of anything and are very humorous people. Actually there is a stereotype on the contrary stating Mediterranean people are warmer than rest of the Europeans etc. But I've seen in this forum English people also have a great sense of humor.

And as for the father thing, it's not a common thing to be said however it's not an insult. If I said I'm your father/mother to my friends they would be confused but wouldn't attack me. There's literally a funny song called Ben Sizin Babanızım (I'm your father) by Baybaros Hayrettin in the 90s. I guess he wasn't trying to insult the entire country. 

English people have sense of humor and they are not cold .. I was surprised to meet English people seeing them as I had known they were cold people. I agree this. For faher issue it depends on intention I needed to correct this.  Turks like doing jokes to his friend . Of course singer did not want insult to public and so nobody get angry he was funny song . 

11 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

some of the English do love a bit of bullying disguised as 'banter'.

Playful banter with kind intentions is a cultural treasure.

But when used to demean? The refuge of a coward.

7 hours ago, Gazi Giray said:

Dear Friends, forget about it . Çağs happy in Leicester, Lei fans like him and Çağs like them very much -including me as far away leicester fan :)-.. It is good sample for friendship for all. I am not living in Leicester or England. Lets talk about football again. it was my fault I should not have said about father etc.. It was useless and needless.. I do apologize again.. We are happy for ÇAĞS AND THANK YOU SO MUCH Leicester fans for their support to him. We Turkish fans even can not do this support as much as your loyal support. Thank you again for everthing to share me your valuable friendship . ATB to all...

Agreed.... Come on Cags & Turkey!!!!!

9 minutes ago, ScrumpyJack said:

They can’t sustain this energy for an entire tournament.

Good to see Soyuncu’s intent on staying at Leicester :ph34r:

They're confident, play well as a team and have many players in form.

Time will tell of course, but i have a gut feeling that they'll be there in the final.