Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

1 minute ago, SO1 said:

The bottom line for me is unless you have a rep for inside info qualified by posters who I recognize on this forum.

Or your a regular poster who has skin in the game. Then I'm suspect.

No matter how much I want it to be true or how believable it sounds.

Pretty much sums up my view on the matter.

50 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

He isn’t shit but I’m unsure on whether he’s world class. Look at Alphonso Davies and Robertson... he’s not on there level, pretty inconsistent and not the best defensively, we can’t turn down 64million. Maybe if we made the UCL but we didn’t so cash in and sign a quality  winger or 2

Sell him because he's not as good as Davies and Robertson?

17 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Wouldnt surprise me if man city came in for him after tonight. Mendy and zinchenko unused and cancelo was terrible. Would be a much better team with chilly in it. 

If he's going to go then we could do with Man City jumping in and driving the price up. He seems dead set on Chelsea though and the opportunity to work with the magnificent Frank Lampard.

Edited by Paddy.

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He wants London .....now if he were to end up in Manchester then that could say a lot about us .....l.   There are no solid rumours about anywhere other than Chelsea these past few months......

Yeah true, just wouldn't surprise me if they came in for him. Not ITK and not trying to link him away, just saying that I wouldn't surprise me if they now came in for him. Wasn't a deal agreed last season for him and then they pulled out after mendy could not be sold? 

Just now, Paddy. said:

Sell him because he's not as good as Davies and Robertson?

If he's going to go then we could do with Man City jumping in and driving the price up. He seems dead set on Chelsea and the opportunity to work with the magnificent Frank Lampard.

Sell him because what’s the point in having a 70million LB when we have 10million pound wingers. We need to improve other positions and personally I think Thomas can step up with the help of Fuchs 

3 hours ago, Cecchini1976 said:

No i judge a season on what position you finish at the end of the season. When we were flying I knew we were a few injuries or players losing form away from a bad run as the squad isn’t good enough, especially compared to the big 6. And I personally think if lockdown hadn’t happened we would have breezed the top 4, but lockdown brought injurys to key players and we didn’t have the quality of player to replace them. We all know our first 11 is good enough for the top 4, but we also know the back up players aren’t. 

My opinion is if given the chance, we have probably got backup players who would be good enough, I looked at it in that Rodgers isnt prepared to chance using them unless he absolutely has to.

1 minute ago, Chelve84 said:

Listen we owe other clubs £91million for transfers and £67million of that is due this season and some of them players haven't kicked a ball this season. 

Who for? 

Surely we have money coming in from the Mahrez / Maguire deals tho?

3 hours ago, peach0000 said:

I just think the Maguire deal should have set a precedent of what it would take to get our best player.

When you compare the two Id say the following:

-They are equally as established as premier league players

-Chilwell is younger

-Maguire was more established internationally (just)

-Both are English (home grown)

Based on all of that I don't see how Chilwell shouldn't at least go for as much as Maguire if not more based on age.

Well I think Maguire is a better player than Chilwell, and given the covid effect on finances, a 64 million deal would be reasonable for us.

Edited by Chrysalis

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

Well I think Maguire is a better player than Chilwell, and given the covid effect on finances, a 64 million deal would be reasonable for us.

I personally think chilwell is the better player but I guess that is very subjective. 

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Ah yes because this forum was incredibly supportive of Rodgers after the collapse. 

And i guarantee we aren't "skint".

I gather you not checked the accounts then?

Our wages to turnover is horrific, and KP haven't put anything in other than that training ground loan since promotion.

Edited by Chrysalis

57 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

He isn’t shit but I’m unsure on whether he’s world class. Look at Alphonso Davies and Robertson... he’s not on there level, pretty inconsistent and not the best defensively, we can’t turn down 64million. Maybe if we made the UCL but we didn’t so cash in and sign a quality  winger or 2

I’m pretty sure Robertson wasn’t a world beater at Hull. Probably no better than Chilly is now. Chilly has a few creases to iron out of his game, and he will be absolutely quality. Crossing and defending are things he can work on, and it’s not like he is terrible anyway, just learning. The most impressive parts of his game are his engine, speed and strength of running. In a better side he will look the dogs, and I would personally prefer not to see him running up and down the wing in the blue of Chelsea, having us let another promising young player go, kind of pisses on all of these statements like “we want to challenge at the very top”, well stop selling our best players then. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Chelve84 said:

Listen we owe other clubs £91million for transfers and £67million of that is due this season and some of them players haven't kicked a ball this season. 

Which your source will tell you is why we have liquidated assets by way of loans. Like I said, no one is showing up to a lender saying “hey, give us some money, we’ve got **** all.” And no lender is going to say “well, this money is going down the drain, be my guest”. 

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

I gather you not checked the accounts then?

Our wages to turnover is horrific, and KP haven't put anything in other than that training ground loan since promotion.

Exactly mate....

£150 MILLION ARE WAGES A YEAR.  Im getting slating here some people just don't want to believe it. KP is totally separate to the football club and will not be used any longer and want the club to run by itself and not be supported.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chelve84 said:

Exactly mate....

£150 MILLION ARE WAGES A YEAR.  Im getting slating here some people just don't want to believe it. KP is totally separate to the football club and will not be used any longer and want the club to run by itself and not be supported.

It is what it is, the posts will keep coming about the bumper transfer budget for Rodgers etc.  For some reason people think the club is loaded.

I have always stood by the point we will need to sell a first team player every summer on how the club currently operates, I think that wont change this summer.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

Well I guess we will find out monday..... either he is having a medical or he will be turning up at Belvoir drive for pre season. Normally social media fires up from the club or players so he will be in photos surely unless he has indeed "cleared out his locker" 🤷‍♀️

I’ve tried explaining on here before that we won’t be able to spend much, our net spend is always tiny never mind now. We’ll sell one to buy 3 or whatever and if we buy well then we can progress nicely.

Edited by SheppyFox

6 minutes ago, Chelve84 said:

Exactly mate....

150 million in wages would mean our weekly wage budget is slightly over 2.8 million a week. Thats the equivalent of paying 28 players 100k a week. Doesn't seem likely.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

We are not skint as a football club. You're completely and utterly wrong on that.

If I am spending all my wages, borrowing money on future wage slips, but I have a load of credit cards that give me available credit, am I skint under your definition?

Edited by Chrysalis

6 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

If they can shift ghezzal, silva and slimani thats another 8m a year off the wage bill, which is highly likely given theyll likely let them go for nominal fees. 

Been trying to do this for past 2 years. Easier said than done especially after this covid situation and the age of the pair now. No one is going to pay them what we are and we will no doubt have to pay a share of them wages. 

4 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

I’ve tried explaining on here before that we won’t be able to spend much, our net spend is always tiny never mind now. We’ll sell one to buy 3 or whatever and if we buy well then we can progress nicely.

Our average spend for the last 4 years has been about 30m. Tiny?