Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

5 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

As opposed to other clubs knowing we have a shed load of cash from his sale 

Yeah. Neither way is without problems. I think getting the sale done for the biggest fee possible first is a better option than spending while assuming you can get the sale done later. Seems much more sensible to me.

1 hour ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Just want a pose a question to you both.

Are you expecting too much?

Young player, playing his first games, in a team struggling for form and goals, deputising for an arguably world class player.

After all, the only way he learns and increases his level is through playing time.

Yes mate I probably am. 

Hopefully goes from strength to strength!! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gerard said:

153k followers but I don't know how ITK they are.

Just another Twitter rumour as far as I'm concerned. Why do some people take this shit as the truth as soon as stuff like this is posted?

Comment not aimed at you @Gerard

• Like 2

64 mil is a crazy amount and if he has had his head turned then it could best to move him on anyway. He is a decent player and if he didn’t play for us I doubt he would go for anywhere near 64 mil our owners will know what to get from transfers. 1 out and a few in if we spent wisely could help us out next season. Maybe we could have got an extra 10-15 mil if it wasn’t for covid and maybe if we don’t cash in now he could go for less in the next window if football gets stopped Again for a long period of time. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Just another Twitter rumour as far as I'm concerned. Why do some people take this shit as the truth as soon as stuff like this is posted?

Comment not aimed at you @Gerard

None taken but I thought it may be worth posting considering the amount of followers they have and it being specific with the numbers.

• Like 1

If I am right, the upsurge in rumours from what I can read has only come about because some twat on twitter said Chilwell has cleaned out his locker at the training ground. Really ? A premier league footballer has shit stored in a locker at the training ground. This, when the club has put in place stringent COVID 19 procedures where left over items were probably removed before the players returned post lockdown. 

There is nothing else is there ?  

He may go but there isn’t enough genuine noise from genuine sources to suggest it’s close. I mean Kaveh on Sky Sports hasnt been having his usual orgasms over a potential deal yet. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just think the Maguire deal should have set a precedent of what it would take to get our best player.

When you compare the two Id say the following:

-They are equally as established as premier league players

-Chilwell is younger

-Maguire was more established internationally (just)

-Both are English (home grown)

Based on all of that I don't see how Chilwell shouldn't at least go for as much as Maguire if not more based on age.

• Like 1

While I’m sure our owners won’t let him leave unless we get the appropriate fee, I’m not sure we should, as a fan base, be so blasé about this. 

Every time a team loses a first teamer there is no guarantee you can replace them without losing quality. We will probably have to spend around half the fee on a replacement anyhow. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

If I am right, the upsurge in rumours from what I can read has only come about because some twat on twitter said Chilwell has cleaned out his locker at the training ground. Really ? A premier league footballer has shit stored in a locker at the training ground. This, when the club has put in place stringent COVID 19 procedures where left over items were probably removed before the players returned post lockdown. 

He may go but there isn’t enough genuine noise from genuine sources to suggest it’s close. I mean Kaveh on Sky Sports hasnt been having his usual orgasms over a potential deal yet. 

Should get fined two weeks wages for that 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Wages I accept, don’t know about expansion yet, and with the training ground I should imagine they are loans from king power I believe or a large part of it, and wouldn’t affect ffp as unlike wages, infrastructure doesn’t come into the budget.

Transfers, since winning the league have we really spent anywhere near on players than we have got from sales.

I think our biggest problem is wages, massively high for an average squad, we need better quality for the expensive wage bill, ridiculous some of the wages some of the bang average, unused players are on.

Don’t think top wouldn’t recruit better players, no point building a state of the art training facilities to attract better players, and build a stadium extension with a squad that isn’t that good.

To pay for all the infrastructure we need to compete in Europe, finish high and fill the extension, this squad isn’t good enough, and with others constantly improving their squads, lack of investment in players would be a very dangerous game to play.

Both spurs and arsenal struggled after a lack of investment after building new stadiums, both sides had far better squads than us, and have really struggled since.

I don't disagree with a lot of that - I was just saying that these could be reasons the club is not quite swimming in cash.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I'm disappointed, I really rate Chilwell.

I think some will only appreciate his worth and his potential when he's gone. I will be 100% behind his replacement but I just don't see us signing someone with BC's talent or capacity for improvement.

I genuinely hope I'm completely wrong and his replacement is even better and makes me look like an absolute mug.

No chance we will, when I look at all the left backs in the world under the age of 23 I would only rate Hakimi and Davies higher. He's a world class talent and in five years I think we will see what we are missing when he is one of the top 5 player in his position in the world. I genuinely think his potential is that high. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I'm disappointed, I really rate Chilwell.

I think some will only appreciate his worth and his potential when he's gone. I will be 100% behind his replacement but I just don't see us signing someone with BC's talent or capacity for improvement.

I genuinely hope I'm completely wrong and his replacement is even better and makes me look like an absolute mug.

Agree

I think he’ll become an exceptional left back

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I just think the Maguire deal should have set a precedent of what it would take to get our best player.

When you compare the two Id say the following:

-They are equally as established as premier league players

-Chilwell is younger

-Maguire was more established internationally (just)

-Both are English (home grown)

Based on all of that I don't see how Chilwell shouldn't at least go for as much as Maguire if not more based on age.

Harry Maguire was 13th most expensive signing in history. You're deluded if you think £80m is a typical benchmark. Both Maguire and Chilwell would still be the most expensive signings in history for their respective positions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_association_football_transfers

Just now, Gerard said:

Harry Maguire was 13th most expensive signing in history. You're deluded if you think £80m is a typical benchmark. Both Maguire and Chilwell would still be the most expensive signings in history for their respective positions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_association_football_transfers

A bit harsh just because you disagree with me lol

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

I think the Maguire fee is the record between English clubs? 

11 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Exactly this, all from an account that has never got a thing right 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

No chance we will, when I look at all the left backs in the world under the age of 23 I would only rate Hakimi and Davies higher. He's a world class talent and in five years I think we will see what we are missing when he is one of the top 5 player in his position in the world. I genuinely think his potential is that high. 

Over rated and good business.

• Like 1