Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

2 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Not what ive heard at all, lewis was initially dropped for norwich's older backup apparently until he got injured, aarons has been a mainstay of their team the whole way through.

Main stay yes, because he didn’t get injured unlike Lewis 

1 minute ago, Hales said:

Wow! That's awful.

I caught the thread on twitter and couldn't believe it. I just assumed it was a few bad eggs but a lot of folk are not keen on him. 

I wonder what it is that gets people's backs up about him. 

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

I caught the thread on twitter and couldn't believe it. I just assumed it was a few bad eggs but a lot of folk are not keen on him. 

Some of the comments were vile, even a couple of death threats 😲😢 I don't get it at all. He seems like a really lovely lad?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

Funnily enough on your original thread 2.5 years a go I was gushing about Chilwell and had the opposite opinion of you and now again I have the opposite opinion of you. In the last 2.5 years I don't believe his game has moved on at all and I think once a player hits the 23/24 mark then you can't give them any excuse for potential. Of course there are exceptions like Vardy but I believe Chilwell is still the same player despite having another 2.5 years experience being surrounded by top players and top coaches.

It's the main reason I would sell him for top money as although I like many aspects of his game like his stamina, athleticism and his ability to travel with the ball long distances I still believe he's not improved significantly defensively and his crossing and delivery haven't improved. Luke Thomas looked much better with the ball in three games than Chilwell has all season.

I think if we do sell Chilwell for big money it's because of his reputation more than his ability. England's young left back, three assists in an England game, etc. I think if £65m was spent on him Lampard might be disappointed in what he bought two months down the line.

I do think he’s improved in an attacking sense but still has work to do on his defensive positioning. The most important factor has been the change in style of the club which has suited him and helped develop certain aspects and hide others. 

I haven’t seen any visiting player (with the exception of Liverpool’s freak full backs) who I thought would be his equal or upgrade so his sale would be a backwards step in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
20 minutes ago, Hales said:

Well its Dunk being talked about today. Basically Chelsea are buying the league. Who will it be tomorrow! 🙄😂

As far as I know the only actual transfer of any note so far has been that of a 32 year old , out of contract Brazilian. Transferring top players at or near their peak is becoming nearly impossible. It took Man.Utd. ages to get Fernandes and they are supposed to be the world's biggest club.

Dunno whether this has been posted, but FourFourTwo rated him as the 9th best left-back in the world in April. One above Alphonso Davies, who as we saw on Friday, is absolutely ridiculous.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/best-left-backs-world-ranked-alphonso-davies-david-alaba-ben-chilwell-marcelo-alex-sandro-andrew-robertson-jordi-alba

Would I take £80m? Absolutely.

18 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Are you really that surprised? Think about all the stick he gets on here, some of the people on this forum are absolutely vile towards him and refuse to accept anything good he does. They pick out any minor mistake he makes and go after him for it. Our fan base is probably considered one of the nicest in the premier league, many times I’ve seen Norwich fans talk about how nice we were throughout the maddison speculation etc. 

Chelsea fans are renowned for being vile b*stards. Imagine what it’ll be like if he signs and has a bad game, would really hate to be in his position at the moment seems a lose lose situation.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StinckleyFox said:

Are you really that surprised? Think about all the stick he gets on here, some of the people on this forum are absolutely vile towards him and refuse to accept anything good he does. They pick out any minor mistake he makes and go after him for it. Our fan base is probably considered one of the nicest in the premier league, many times I’ve seen Norwich fans talk about how nice we were throughout the maddison speculation etc. 

Chelsea fans are renowned for being vile b*stards. Imagine what it’ll be like if he signs and has a bad game, would really hate to be in his position at the moment seems a lose lose situation.

Drinkwater will have the ‘playbook’ for him to refer to .......