Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

48 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Not anti chilwell at all but if we sell a so called "big name" i would lose less sleep over him than 3 or 4 others.

More than 3 or 4 for me.

Vardy, Ricardo, Ndidi, Söyüncü, Maddison and Evans would all be much bigger losses.

Barnes for me has significantly more talent, as does Tielemans clearly.

That's 8 at least.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Well, Lewis knocks a sizeable % off our team strength. He's no even close to Chilly.

It isn't easy, but it is possible to replace quality. Wilf replaced Kante. If we filled that hole literally anything is possible. Indirectly Maddison filled a skills void left by Mahrez. And Rodgers fluked it with Soyuncu (who he no way rated that highly , proved by scrambling around after Ake and Tarkowski once Maguire was gone)

We've known for a whole season that Chilly was likely to go. Surely Someone should've been identified rather than just a flick through the Rothman's directory (one for the oldies)

Maybe they have been!

There's no way we should go into the season with Thomas as our main LB, the lad has played 3 games for us and is 19 years old. He needs a season developing playing regular football for a Championship team. The other option is have him as our covering LB, as he'll get quite a few games with the hectic schedule this season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

I don’t see the comparison??  Chilwell was playing for a team in 3rd place of the prem league and England’s 1st choice left back. Sunderland well they were losing game after game and dropping down at a rapid pace, not sure they would have booed England’s left back that came through the academy and was 23 and if they were sat 3rd in the prem 🤷‍♂️

Players boo teams in a title race, it happens.  Essentially players have to just deal with it, its part and parcel of been a footballer.  Not saying I agree with it, but its most certainly not something unique to this club.

Also what does age have to do with it, there is so much ageism on here, and some kind of protective nature just because a player is young and was in the academy, in my view no player should be booed by home fans, whether they are a 28 year old mahrez, or a 20 year old ex youth player.

Chilwell and Barnes are treated as if they made of glass.  There is clear favouritism.

If anything Chilwell will get more abuse at Chelsea as the standards are higher there, the only way to kill it is to perform better.  In Spain he would be absolutely mentally destroyed by the fans if he passed to the other team 60 times in a game.

Edited by Chrysalis

36 minutes ago, majaco said:

Perhaps we should model booing our players on how the Sunderland players boo theirs.  I think your suggestion is a strange one.

What did I suggest?  Also please quote it, as your post has left me very confused.

Edited by Chrysalis

12 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Players boo teams in a title race, it happens.  Essentially players have to just deal with it, its part and parcel of been a footballer.  Not saying I agree with it, but its most certainly not something unique to this club.

Also what does age have to do with it, there is so much ageism on here, and some kind of protective nature just because a player is young and was in the academy, in my view no player should be booed by home fans, whether they are a 28 year old mahrez, or a 20 year old ex youth player.

Chilwell and Barnes are treated as if they made of glass.  There is clear favouritism.

If anything Chilwell will get more abuse at Chelsea as the standards are higher there, the only way to kill it is to perform better.  In Spain he would be absolutely mentally destroyed by the fans if he passed to the other team 60 times in a game.

Players get booed by their fans when they are in a title race? 

we are leicester city and have just had our 2nd highest finish to a prem season and before lockdown we were 3rd and our fans boo a player 🤷‍♂️

anyway I get booing if we were battling relegation. It’s a shame that a top class football gets booed by his own fans. Also I can’t remember Chelsea booing players? 

37 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I’ve not see him do that playing for us? :blink:

21 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

Players get booed by their fans when they are in a title race? 

we are leicester city and have just had our 2nd highest finish to a prem season and before lockdown we were 3rd and our fans boo a player 🤷‍♂️

anyway I get booing if we were battling relegation. It’s a shame that a top class football gets booed by his own fans. Also I can’t remember Chelsea booing players? 

yes it happens, its not something unique to a club at bottom of table or LCFC.  

Also I guess you are one of those people who just look at the league position and ignore form? As a few on here are acting as if our half a season of bad form wasnt a thing.

I think that fee is too cheap. I’m disappointed if true.

We’ll need to spend the majority of that to replace him, so seems largely pointless selling him.

Edited by Sly
  • Like 4

Just now, Mee-9 said:

We’ll have someone lined up.

We wouldn’t sell if not. 

Of course we have.

Would you honestly expect us to see Chilwell leave Fuchs then send Thomas out on loan like we are going to? Not happening.

Weve got our eyes on a few replacements should we sell... 

Not heard anything other than anything posted on here. Itll be okay :)

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

yes it happens, its not something unique to a club at bottom of table or LCFC.  

Also I guess you are one of those people who just look at the league position and ignore form? As a few on here are acting as if our half a season of bad form wasnt a thing.

No i judge a season on what position you finish at the end of the season. When we were flying I knew we were a few injuries or players losing form away from a bad run as the squad isn’t good enough, especially compared to the big 6. And I personally think if lockdown hadn’t happened we would have breezed the top 4, but lockdown brought injurys to key players and we didn’t have the quality of player to replace them. We all know our first 11 is good enough for the top 4, but we also know the back up players aren’t. 

If that’s is the reported fee then it’s poor business from the club. And it would not surprise me at all if we haven’t got anyone lined up for a replacement. We didn’t with Maguire (Even though I knew the Turkish Puyol would come good). Also it shows a complete lack of forward thinking again, I know Ben is far from the finished article, but we are now a selling club, and it can’t be denied, all of our top players bar Vardy have moved on...... it’s a shame we can’t hold on to these players, and it is another example of what missing out on the top four will cost us. 

• Like 4

Guest Mee-9
2 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Of course we have.

Would you honestly expect us to see Chilwell leave Fuchs then send Thomas out on loan like we are going to? Not happening.

Weve got our eyes on a few replacements should we sell... 

Not heard anything other than anything posted on here. Itll be okay :)

Exactly mate - can’t see us going with Fuchs into the new season as the first choice LB :D

Admittedly i’d think Chilwells a big loss, but at the end of the day there’s cheaper and arguably better alternatives. 

3 hours ago, GDesign_JRC said:

20 for Lewis
32 for McNeil
18 for Watkins (release clause)

0 for Trincao (loan)

Total 70

It's been said that Chilwell will go for 60+

Loans are very rarely free. Especially towards the top end of the players market.

1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

Like we didn't sell Maguire?

Didn’t we decide to go with Soyuncu?

i thought that’s decision was made earlier on than the papers/ agents would let us believe.

Edited by MPH

7 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:
  1. Ground expansion
  2. Training Ground
  3. Wages
  4. CoronaVirus losses
  5. Loans to service
  6. Transfer fees already paid (ie Tielemans)

That's 6 without even having to think. I gather just about all football clubs run at a loss, and it's simply managing those losses.

Wages I accept, don’t know about expansion yet, and with the training ground I should imagine they are loans from king power I believe or a large part of it, and wouldn’t affect ffp as unlike wages, infrastructure doesn’t come into the budget.

Transfers, since winning the league have we really spent anywhere near on players than we have got from sales.

I think our biggest problem is wages, massively high for an average squad, we need better quality for the expensive wage bill, ridiculous some of the wages some of the bang average, unused players are on.

Don’t think top wouldn’t recruit better players, no point building a state of the art training facilities to attract better players, and build a stadium extension with a squad that isn’t that good.

To pay for all the infrastructure we need to compete in Europe, finish high and fill the extension, this squad isn’t good enough, and with others constantly improving their squads, lack of investment in players would be a very dangerous game to play.

Both spurs and arsenal struggled after a lack of investment after building new stadiums, both sides had far better squads than us, and have really struggled since.