Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

And running it out of play unchallenged and losing the ball in the nooks and crannies of the stadium.

Oh had I not finished my post 😂

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s about money ........ their owner has loads more than ours ....  as do all the big clubs ...though spurs have the stadium debt to worry about for a while .....

Talking purely based on owners wealth Liverpool, Spurs and Man Utd owners are all significantly less wealthy than ours. We have money.

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

Talking purely based on owners wealth Liverpool, Spurs and Man Utd owners are all significantly less wealthy than ours. We have money.

are you having a laugh re joe Lewis ?

Yanited generate their own mega money which is way more than we can dream about 

Liverpool are also a cash cow re global income 

and our owners money is under some question ref liquidity, especially given the global issues with travel .......  

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

are you having a laugh re joe Lewis ?

Yanited generate their own mega money which is way more than we can dream about 

Liverpool are also a cash cow re global income 

and our owners money is under some question ref liquidity, especially given the global issues with travel .......  

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-richest-billionaire-premier-league-owners-2019-8?r=US&IR=T#6-leicester-city-owners-aiyawatt-srivaddhanaprabha-and-family-59-billion-7

Read it for yourself, Top is worth nearly a billion more than Joe Lewis. 

In response to the last point, all the billionaires will have lost money due to covid. None of us know who will have lost the most. 

Just now, peach0000 said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-richest-billionaire-premier-league-owners-2019-8?r=US&IR=T#6-leicester-city-owners-aiyawatt-srivaddhanaprabha-and-family-59-billion-7

In response to the last point, all the billionaires will have lost money due to covid. None of us know who will have lost the most. 

Did he used to play in goal for Peterborough ?

• Haha 1

We are skint as a football club, I was told there is not alot funds available due to expansion and new training ground.

Sell to buy... expect 2 or 3 loans with option to buy.

Anybody that thinks BR hasn't been questioned about our collapse from the owners are wrong. They banked on champions league money coming in

2 minutes ago, Chelve84 said:

We are skint as a football club, I was told there is not alot funds available due to expansion and new training ground.

Anybody that thinks BR hasn't been questioned about our collapse from the owners are wrong. They banked on champions league money coming in

Ah yes because this forum was incredibly supportive of Rodgers after the collapse. 

And i guarantee we aren't "skint".

4 minutes ago, Chelve84 said:

Skint teams don't spend 100 million pounds on training grounds or expand stadiums. We could be skint in terms of transfers (I doubt that too) but to say we are skint as a football club just isn't true. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Fuchs is ****ing knackered......Chilwell is just as important as a Ricardo. Rich offers a more skilled approach and goals, but he’s been playing at a much higher level than Chilly for longer. Chilly will develop into a world class player, why do you thin Liverpool came sniffing around a few years ago? We’re in denial if we sit here saying he’s shit, because he isn’t. 

I think Chilwell will be a constant solid player in the Premier League.

He's a part of the club's so-called "Leadership Group" so he obviously has a bit about him off the pitch, he's just about nailed on in the England team so he'll gain experience from that, he's very rarely injured, he's a tick on the box for the home grown quota system in a good position and ultimately (and most importantly) he's a good player at a good age.

I think that's why Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United want him. I think it's also why we want to keep him.

Those clubs don't exclusively buy world class players and I don't think Chilwell will ever reach the heights of Robertson, Jordi Alba, Marcelo, Carlos, Cole, Zambrotta etc that have been world class in the past.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I both hate and love twitter, because of how ridiculous people are on it. One day they're harassing and sending rape threats to JK Rowling for stating biological sex is real, the next they're trawling through the history books for something to be offended about. For example, today they're trying to "cancel" Genghis Khan. He's been dead for 800 years.

What percentage of tweets are genuine on Twitter though? I don't see how you can define your political enemies using the Twitter-verse. Whatever you are moaning about is just as likely to have originated in some troll farm or other, or have been amplified or twisted by such. It used to be called 'astroturfing', although I'm probably out of date (because I don't use social media :thumbup:). Perhaps 'gaslighting' is a more modern equivalent. Reality (or at least an evidence based reality) is complicated, and it takes more to understand than anything that can be said in a few short sentences.

I notice that most heavy social media users seem to be perpetually angry, or on the verge of anger. It's almost as if their emotions are being manipulated by a finely tuned AI which exploits our innate vulnerabilities to monetize us, and poison our politics

Both extremes love whipping up strawman arguments that their adversaries would rarely make because they are foolish, egging on the ill informed to imagine a genuine debate is in hand. You see a variation of this used on FT all the time. The war waged by the merchants of doubt against restrictions on tobacco use over 60 plus years, and to deny climate change over 30 years are classic examples,  although both sides in the manufactured 'culture wars' have dirty hands.

I've only got about 100 pages through this book, The Age of Surveillance Capitalism, because although the author has defined some key concepts for our modern world, the writing itself is heavy going.

https://ig.ft.com/sites/business-book-award/books/2019/shortlist/the-age-of-surveillance-capitalism-by-shoshana-zuboff/

Knowing your political leanings, here is the review from the the Financial Times. I wouldn't want to trigger you by posting anything from the 'liberal' press.

https://www.ft.com/content/43980f9c-0f5b-11e9-a3aa-118c761d2745

Edited by Vardinio'sCat

11 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

fair enough although I’m pretty confident that Lewis’ money is way more liquid than top’s ......... the common fact between them is that neither appear keen to subsidise their football clubs (away from infrastructure) and expect them to be fairly self sufficient ...... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

Skint teams don't spend 100 million pounds on training grounds or expand stadiums. We could be skint in terms of transfers (I doubt that too) but to say we are skint as a football club just isn't true. 

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Ah yes because this forum was incredibly supportive of Rodgers after the collapse. 

And i guarantee we aren't "skint".

money is not there for signings unless we sell. Anybody thinking we have 50 60 million available for transfers im afraid not.

We haven't got the money for the stadium or training ground we have loaned it because we haven't got it and we have just took another major loan now

Just now, Chelve84 said:

money is not there for signings unless we sell. Anybody thinking we have 50 60 million available for transfers im afraid not.

We haven't got the money for the stadium or training ground we have loaned it because we haven't got it and we have just took another major loan now

Do you have a source? or are you jut speculating. You may have a point either way but I'm curious. 

Just now, Chelve84 said:

Are you OK?

We have taken out a long term loan for the training ground and there's been another loan secured against the next 2 years PL money for help with the stadium, common practice. The owners could fund this themselves but don't need to. We still have the majority of the Maguire money and we will sell Chilwell. I imagine as always our net spend will be £30-40m

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chelve84 said:

Only those in FM world have assumed we have that money, we've been told countless times that we'll have £20-30mill net spend. 

Training grounds cost hundreds of millions, we were always going to take a loan and payback with TV money. 

11 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Do you have a source? or are you jut speculating. You may have a point either way but I'm curious. 

They banked on champs league and it didn't happen. I'm not speculating and funds are really tight.

We was linked with a lot of players before the restart some true and some not. 

We now have to sell to recruit. We have 2 strikers at this football club and BR has said he would like another one to partner vardy as another option.. for this to happen Kalechi has to leave yet keeping him would only leave us with 3 strikers.

Edited by Chelve84

4 hours ago, SmuelMartin said:

Haha, is that due to the lack of other even remotely positive points! 

I do like him! Would just be worried if our fullbacks were RP, JJ, LT and CF on the first day of next season. 

We’re there any other positive points? :D  Soyuncu’s new hair was epic !

Yeah…. Fair point…. We might be a little light?  

But, would you star Lewis ahead of Justin?  I’m not sure…

By the way, I Hope Ben C stays…. I’m a fan and also in the minority possibly !

Just now, Chelve84 said:

They banked on champs league and it didn't happen. I'm not speculating and funds are really tight.

We was linked with a lot of players but the restart some true and some not. 

We now have to sell to recruit. We have 2 strikers at this football club and BR has said he would like another one to partner vardy as another option.. for this to happen Kalechi has to leave yet keeping him would only leave us with 3 strikers.

Unless you have a source or some insight the general public doesn't have into the clubs finances I think it's fair to say we have a different definition of speculating.

• Like 1

Just now, peach0000 said:

Unless you have a source or some insight the general public doesn't have into the clubs finances I think it's fair to say we have a different definition of speculating.

I said I'm not speculating. I have a source

3 minutes ago, Chelve84 said:

We was linked with a lot of players before the restart some true and some not. 

You don’t have a clue how tight funds are.

Just now, Chelve84 said:

I said I'm not speculating. I have a source

Course you do.

Is it Top, SW or Rudkin?

Abybody else at the club wouldn’t have much of a clue as to how the clubs or owners finances are and they certainly wouldn’t be risking their jobs by passing on such sensitive information.

Now go to bed 

• Like 3