Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

We sell him and it’s just another position to worry about. Fuchs is nothing more than a cover at the moment, and Thomas I’m not sure is ready yet. If we sell him we’ve then got to find another left back, and that’s to add to the list of players we need. Unless Chelsea offer £90m I wouldn’t even entertain it, if you don’t agree with the price then fine, but the hole Chillwell will leave would require more than £60 odd million to fill. Plus it means another headache as another player will need to be purchased. We spent the latter parts of the last windows pissing around looking at defenders after selling Maguire, what makes us think we won’t do that again? 

We need to offload the dead wood, and build the team, not allow key players to go and then scramble for a replacement, when the club were insistent key players would not be leaving. 

We go into next season underprepared and we will get skinned alive, we’ve seen how soft we are, and I wouldn’t even dismiss the “R” word, because I genuinely believe if we don’t make the right moves this summer, we will be fighting at the wrong end of the table. 

Just now, peach0000 said:

150 million in wages would mean our weekly wage budget is slightly over 2.8 million a week. Thats the equivalent of paying 28 players 100k a week. Doesn't seem likely.

You do know you count managers,staff, players, u23, youth team etc. Goal bonus, clean sheets appearance bonus etc.

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

If I am spending all my wages, borrowing money on future wage slips, but I have a load of credit cards that give me available credit, am I skint under your definition?

With loans secured by billionaires? No doubt that king power are hurting currently but they've literally not sold a thing since the pandemic, which would indicate to me its not affected them yet.

11 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Yes they were in the last accounts however....

6m is off the wage bill already this season

That didn't account for Maguires 80k coming off the wage bill

Puel's pay comes off that this summer as his contract now ends

We earned roughly 30m more for our league position just from the pl alone

Fuchs and Morgan have taken out cuts

The only money we've really spent on staffing in the last year is an extra 4m a year for brendan and his staff

If they can shift ghezzal, silva and slimani thats another 8m a year off the wage bill, which is highly likely given theyll likely let them go for nominal fees. 

I find it hillarious we've just finished the 3rd highest in our history and some bloke is going around saying we're skint 😂😂😂😂

I accept what you said, I wont check it, but remember we also have to pay back EPL TV rebate money for what happened this season.

Maguire off the wage bill, but of course Maddison now on a bumper new contract.

Puel's pay gone, but Rodgers new bumper contract to replace it.

There may be a little bit of money, but I think any kind of significant spend will be funded by sales.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

That's not the point, the point he is making is plausible. What isn't plausible and what Chelve is being called out for is saying he has a source with an insight into club finances. It just isn't true, surely you can see that.

It'll be a mate who's got a mate.

59 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

no one knows for sure though  - I don’t like how people that may have some info are generally dismissed on here .......  if he knows the FD who’s told him ‘we banked on that CL money and now we’re in a pretty tight position because of that coupled with Covid’       That’s hardly giving out confidential information is it ?  It’s pretty obvious ...... some targets may have changed etc etc 

Well I'd imagine that anyone hoping to sign one of first eleven would be very happy to know that. I'm also certain that if someone is leaking then the when the club found out 'leaking confidential financial information' would be the reason they'd use for disciplining or sacking the culprit.

10 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’m pretty sure Robertson wasn’t a world beater at Hull. Probably no better than Chilly is now. Chilly has a few creases to iron out of his game, and he will be absolutely quality. Crossing and defending are things he can work on, and it’s not like he is terrible anyway, just learning. The most impressive parts of his game are his engine, speed and strength of running. In a better side he will look the dogs, and I would personally prefer not to see him running up and down the wing in the blue of Chelsea, having us let another promising young player go, kind of pisses on all of these statements like “we want to challenge at the very top”, well stop selling our best players then. 

I've been a big defender of Chilwell for years and was derided when I said he could be good enough for Real Madrid one day. I've just looked at my post from 2.5 years a go and said his defending and crossing would improve with age and experience. What struck me about my post is I was defending the just turned 21yo Chilwell and he's exactly the same player then as he is today, he has failed to progress enough which is why I would sell for a big offer.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I accept what you said, I wont check it, but remember we also have to pay back EPL TV rebate money for what happened this season.

Maguire off the wage bill, but of course Maddison now on a bumper new contract.

Puel's pay gone, but Rodgers new bumper contract to replace it.

There may be a little bit of money, but I think any kind of significant spend will be funded by sales.

I'm pretty sure reports surfaced saying the rebate had been delayed for a while

13 minutes ago, Chelve84 said:

You do know you count managers,staff, players, u23, youth team etc. Goal bonus, clean sheets appearance bonus etc.

Not to mention the whole army of admin, catering and other staff such as stewards etc. Lcfc is a major employer in the area.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Schlupp was actually very good lb for us and id choose him over chilwell! Also looked very good for Crystal Palace the couple of times he’s been back and played against us 

I get that everyone has the right to an opinion but....... WTF??!! 

For all the nonsense this site produces, this is the absolute pinnacle of it!

Edited by Foxy_Bear

13 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

We sell him and it’s just another position to worry about. Fuchs is nothing more than a cover at the moment, and Thomas I’m not sure is ready yet. If we sell him we’ve then got to find another left back, and that’s to add to the list of players we need. Unless Chelsea offer £90m I wouldn’t even entertain it, if you don’t agree with the price then fine, but the hole Chillwell will leave would require more than £60 odd million to fill. Plus it means another headache as another player will need to be purchased. We spent the latter parts of the last windows pissing around looking at defenders after selling Maguire, what makes us think we won’t do that again? 

We need to offload the dead wood, and build the team, not allow key players to go and then scramble for a replacement, when the club were insistent key players would not be leaving. 

We go into next season underprepared and we will get skinned alive, we’ve seen how soft we are, and I wouldn’t even dismiss the “R” word, because I genuinely believe if we don’t make the right moves this summer, we will be fighting at the wrong end of the table. 

I'm pretty shocked you think it's going to cost more than £60m to replace Chilwell. A lot of that is 'English Player Tax.' I believe we can replace him for a lot less than that. I'll predict now that we'll get someone roughly his equal for around £20m-£30m. Liverpool just got Tsimikas for £11.75m. It's not nice, but there are some desperate clubs out there, and there are bargains to be had.

Yes, it's another player that we need to sign, but the sale means we can fund that player and one or two more.

You make offloading dead wood sound easy. How long have we been trying to shift Slimani, Silva, etc.? There's not a queue of clubs waiting to pay us to take on their £80k p/w contracts.

A big sale every now and then is necessary. We need the money to stay competitive with the big clubs. You're one player down, but enough cash up to invest in 2 or 3 new ones. If you can even manage to do it, you can't rake in anything like significant amounts selling dead wood.

You make it sound like the people running the club are totally incompetent. Take a step back and look where they've got us.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’m pretty sure Robertson wasn’t a world beater at Hull. Probably no better than Chilly is now. Chilly has a few creases to iron out of his game, and he will be absolutely quality. Crossing and defending are things he can work on, and it’s not like he is terrible anyway, just learning. The most impressive parts of his game are his engine, speed and strength of running. In a better side he will look the dogs, and I would personally prefer not to see him running up and down the wing in the blue of Chelsea, having us let another promising young player go, kind of pisses on all of these statements like “we want to challenge at the very top”, well stop selling our best players then. 

This 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I've been a big defender of Chilwell for years and was derided when I said he could be good enough for Real Madrid one day. I've just looked at my post from 2.5 years a go and said his defending and crossing would improve with age and experience. What struck me about my post is I was defending the just turned 21yo Chilwell and he's exactly the same player then as he is today, he has failed to progress enough which is why I would sell for a big offer.

That's why I'm not convinced about the talk of him having world-class potential. He's a terrific athlete but he has a few pretty glaring flaws that I think will stop him becoming a truly elite full back, and they're not ones that he seems to be rectifying in any real hurry. Like you say, he's not really become any better a crosser or 1v1 defender in the past couple of years - why would that necessarily change in the next couple?

I think - and this is a sweeping, uninformed generalisation with absolutely no evidence backing it up and no doubt thousands of examples to disprove it - to a certain extent a player is basically fully formed by the age he is now. Their major strengths and weaknesses are more or less set in stone, and while they can still improve and smooth off some rough edges, they aren't likely to completely transform their game. As I say, a generalisation - players develop at different rates, development is obviously affected by things like coaching, gaining experience at a higher level than previously, etc.

All of which is to say that it's all well and good saying "he'll be brilliant, he just needs to learn to cross, defend and not run the ball out of play under no pressure a few times per game" - he's been playing football at a high level for some time now, I can't see why or how these quite fundamental issues are going to suddenly go away.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

@Midlands yellow whats the general Norwich opinion on Jamal Lewis? I've never been that enamoured by him but is he a good prospect?

He’s a decent player who may probably thrive at a team with better players like yourselves. Many full caps for Northern Ireland under his belt and has never let Norwich down. 

Like Leicester it seems we will only sell on our terms but Jemal doesn’t seem the type who will  spit the dummy out because the Liverpool transfer didn’t happen. £15/20m with add ons seems about right. What do you think? He also has a decent shot as you witnessed at Carrow road back in February 😉

Edited by Midlands yellow
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Schlupp was actually very good lb for us and id choose him over chilwell! Also looked very good for Crystal Palace the couple of times he’s been back and played against us 

Someone's been on the beer 😁

15 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Can’t remember schlupp having a bad game from Lb! Suited him really well! No idea what people are going on about! He was quality when played at left back.  

Not sure about LB as he couldn't defend to save his life. However I'd have loved him to begin more opportunities to play as a striker. I actually think he would have been far more successful in that role.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chelve84 said:

They banked on champs league and it didn't happen. I'm not speculating and funds are really tight.

We was linked with a lot of players before the restart some true and some not. 

We now have to sell to recruit. We have 2 strikers at this football club and BR has said he would like another one to partner vardy as another option.. for this to happen Kalechi has to leave yet keeping him would only leave us with 3 strikers.

were linked

2 hours ago, Chelve84 said:

I said I'm not speculating. I have a source

I think you’re speculating and have no source.

3 hours ago, Chelve84 said:

We are skint as a football club, I was told there is not alot funds available due to expansion and new training ground.

Sell to buy... expect 2 or 3 loans with option to buy.

Anybody that thinks BR hasn't been questioned about our collapse from the owners are wrong. They banked on champions league money coming in

What has been spent that banked on this money coming in?

The training ground and stadium expansion plans are both long term projects that would have had finance allocated long before the previous season started.

• Like 1