Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

7 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

More of a second striker, we already have Iheanacho, Perez, and even Barnes in that role, would be a huge luxury.

I'd agree it's not the priority but Perez and Iheancho already proved when Vardy was out injured they weren't good enough to carry the torch and I don't see Barnes ever working through the middle and having to play with his back to goal.

Like I said it's not the priority but someone like King at a reasonable price (this is key) would improve the squad a fair bit.

48 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I'd agree it's not the priority but Perez and Iheancho already proved when Vardy was out injured they weren't good enough to carry the torch and I don't see Barnes ever working through the middle and having to play with his back to goal.

Like I said it's not the priority but someone like King at a reasonable price (this is key) would improve the squad a fair bit.

Josh King isn't much better than Iheanacho as a full on striker tbh, he'd always play behind Wilson unless injuries forced him not to.

9 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Josh King isn't much better than Iheanacho as a full on striker tbh, he'd always play behind Wilson unless injuries forced him not to.

King had one brilliant season and a couple of above average ones, he's not impressed me in the last year or two.

53 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Usually agree with you but I'm going to have to disagree with you about Iheanacho and Perez, When Vardy was injured Iheanacho came in to start and we won both games and looked good. Some have even said we look a more balanced team with Iheanacho, he certainly doesn't get as isolated. Iheanacho couldn't have really done any better this season. Whenever called upon he has performed, including coming on from the bench. Perez's figures for goals and assists are better than any other winger outside the big six, 8 goals and 6 assists is a goal or assist every 144 minutes. Both players are massively underated.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

He's proved he can do it as a starter for at least a period in the EPL which is more than Iheanacho. For me. Iheanacho's big chance last season was when Vardy was injured and he sank like a lead balloon and I really don't think Rodgers trusts him. For £16m as is being talked about I think that's decent value for King.

1 minute ago, messerschmitt said:

Usually agree with you but I'm going to have to disagree with you about Iheanacho and Perez, When Vardy was injured Iheanacho came in to start and we won both games and looked good. Some have even said we look a more balanced team with Iheanacho, he certainly doesn't get as isolated. Iheanacho couldn't have really done any better this season. Whenever called upon he has performed, including coming on from the bench. Perez's figures for goals and assists are better than any other winger outside the big six, 8 goals and 6 assists is a goal or assist every 144 minutes. Both players are massively underated.

I'll take your word for it with Iheanacho as you probably seen him a lot more than I did in that period but I seen him in a couple of games when Vardy was out and he looked really poor, fluffing easy chances. He looks to me like he'll spend his career as an impact player, at least at EPL level anyway, don't see him ever having enough to be a regular starter at one of the better sides like Leicester. He's what 24 now or near enough and cost what £20m, I'd expect more for that sort of investment by this stage.

7 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I'll take your word for it with Iheanacho as you probably seen him a lot more than I did in that period but I seen him in a couple of games when Vardy was out and he looked really poor, fluffing easy chances. He looks to me like he'll spend his career as an impact player, at least at EPL level anyway, don't see him ever having enough to be a regular starter at one of the better sides like Leicester. He's what 24 now or near enough and cost what £20m, I'd expect more for that sort of investment by this stage.

I love Vardy but I saw him fluff plenty last season. I'd go as far as saying Iheanacho is more likely to hit the target than anyone else in our squad. It's all about opinions, that's what the forums about. I think Iheanacho will become much better if he's played more. hoping it's next season. 

• Like 1

I love Vardy but I saw him fluff plenty last season. I'd go as far as saying Iheanacho is more likely to hit the target than anyone else in our squad. It's all about opinions, that's what the forums about. I think Iheanacho will become much better if he's played more. hoping it's next season. 

Yeah agreed, all about opinions though I would say Vardy won the golden boot last year so he perhaps has the right to fluff a couple here or there.

• Haha 1

Changing the subjet Muzzy, have you any clue as to whats going on with Benkovic? He surely is good enough to be given at least a chance for the next 3 games?

Not sure at all mate, is he fit at the moment? I know I'm probably biased but I'd definitely give him a chance this season, if fit of course. If not send him up here and take Ajer from us lol

I think he is, he came on in the first friendly against Birmingham and hardly had to break into a sweat, make one excellent tackle didn't have much to do but brought the ball forward excellently and some good forward passes. Just what we want a CB to do, he looks really composed on the ball and has shown he can finish something else our CB's have lacked with Evans and Soyuncu missing some great chances.

Did you see Benkovic's second goal for Bristol after the restart. We've had him for 2 seasons now without playing him. 

If he's not going to play him now then he never will get a better chance and may as well let him go. Something doesn't add up with Brendan and Benkovic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

We won both our games when vardy was out injured. Probably perez's best 2 games in a leicester shirt.

Edited by honeybradger

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I was talking about Iheancho more specifically but was Vardy not out for longer than that?

Actually he was injured for the norwich game and half the second west ham game. Also came on late for the second aston villa game. So we only lost points in the norwich game in the 5 he missed minutes in. I remember nacho actually looked pretty good in the norwich game as well, had a banger ruled out cos the ball brushed his arm.

30 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

I think he is, he came on in the first friendly against Birmingham and hardly had to break into a sweat, make one excellent tackle didn't have much to do but brought the ball forward excellently and some good forward passes. Just what we want a CB to do, he looks really composed on the ball and has shown he can finish something else our CB's have lacked with Evans and Soyuncu missing some great chances.

Did you see Benkovic's second goal for Bristol after the restart. We've had him for 2 seasons now without playing him. 

If he's not going to play him now then he never will get a better chance and may as well let him go. Something doesn't add up with Brendan and Benkovic.

Sounds like the Benkovic I remember well. He scored a few for us in his time here, seem to remember him saying he played as a CF for a large part of his youth career so makes sense.

Rodgers seemed to really rate him when he was up here and play him whenever he was available so I don't think there is a problem per say between him and Benkovic I think it may be the latter not wanting to gamble on his fitness and waiting until he is truly fit and can perhaps do himself justice.

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

Actually he was injured for the norwich game and half the second west ham game. Also came on late for the second aston villa game. So we only lost points in the norwich game in the 5 he missed minutes in. I remember nacho actually looked pretty good in the norwich game as well, had a banger ruled out cos the ball brushed his arm.

I remember watching that game actually. Like @messerschmitt said it's all about opinions and most on here will have seen more of Iheanacho than I have but I struggle based on what I have saw to be convinced he's ever going to be good enough to be the number 1 striker at Leicester, Rodgers lack of faith in him seems to say as much also.

• Like 1

To answer the question in this thread I would like and realistically I would hope we could get/sign: Edouard, Brooks and Tarkowski in the next 2 weeks. Well I am hoping but I think we need bodies in their positions: striker, winger and centre back.   Our squad with current injuries looks painfully short going into this season opening games this weekend. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Jordan Lukaku targets Premier League move as Romelu's younger brother aims to nail down left-back spot in Belgium squad for the Euros... and Lazio could allow him to leave for £5m

worth a 5m punt

Continue the Belgium theme

We were apparently close to getting him a couple of years ago

Only made 13 appearances this season for Lazio, 1 start, all as a left mid/left wing back

If we are going for the 3 at the back could be a decent cheap cover for Castagne that would allow Thomas to go out on loan

54 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Jordan Lukaku targets Premier League move as Romelu's younger brother aims to nail down left-back spot in Belgium squad for the Euros... and Lazio could allow him to leave for £5m

worth a 5m punt

Continue the Belgium theme

It's a no for me, pretty average anytime I've seen him. If he is to be the Chilwell replacement then that's a serious downgrade.

Must admit it’s frustrating there are no signs of the recruitment, I think we may be trying to get some top players who are keeping there options open at the minute. Hopefully things start moving soon.

On 06/09/2020 at 22:47, jeffschlupp said:

I've just read Marcus Edwards has a €15m release clause and there's murmurs Villa have bid €10m.

Surely that would be a perfect alternative to Trincao for us?

...just checked him out on Youtube!!!

Exciting player, very much like Mahrez, very greedy wants to beat every player who comes near him as if he has something to prove. Shoots for the near post over and over again and his reluctance to shoot across the keeper is either down to lack of technique or intelligence.

He looks so much better when he is playing someone in, he pulls people out of their position, he just tends not to see the options he has created. 

Would be worth going to watch, he would certainly get you off your seat/sofa.