Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

34 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:
Norwich must be banking on selling a few now.

Buendia, Lewis, Aarons, cantwell, Godfrey I'd imagine.

Think they'll aim to keep one or two of the above. 

Drmic, Leitner and Trybull have not been given squad numbers so I'd imagine they're all on the move first and foremost. 

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I must be missing something with Buendia

You're not, he's overrated and Norwich fans are more than happy for him to leave. He was at the forefront of a lot of their frustrations last season.

Standard media hype because he does a few fancy tricks and scores the odd wonder strike.

15 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

I know he’s had a rough time of it at Athletico Madrid but I’d be all over this 

He's the exact kind of player we need, people might point to the 0 goals 0 assists but if jao felix, who might be one of the most talented players ive seen, struggles to get more than 6 goals 1 assists in that system you have to think it's not a good indication of his quality and he looked like a star at monaco.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

He's the exact kind of player we need, people might point to the 0 goals 0 assists but if jao felix, who might be one of the most talented players ive seen, struggles to get more than 6 goals 1 assists in that system you have to think it's not a good indication of his quality and he looked like a star at monaco.

I'd agree with this, he could be exactly the right type of signing if Rodgers can get a tune out of him again and he can even look close to the player he was like at Monaco. Atletico Madrid was completely the wrong move for him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Norwich must be banking on selling a few now.

Buendia, Lewis, Aarons, cantwell, Godfrey I'd imagine.

I can't be the only one who remembers a few windows ago someone on here being on holiday at the same resort as Gibson so they slipped him a note telling him to sign for Leicester?!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I must be missing something with Buendia

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

You're not, he's overrated and Norwich fans are more than happy for him to leave. He was at the forefront of a lot of their frustrations last season.

Standard media hype because he does a few fancy tricks and scores the odd wonder strike.

Created the 4th most chances in the Prem last season tbf.

https://www.squawka.com/en/most-chances-created-premier-league-2019-2020/

He's not amazing by any means, but I think he'd be decent as an attacking midfielder in a better team, especially with how many games we've got. Not sure he'll be cheap though!

6 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

ayup...

that a hint or an aspirational post?

Very much aspirational.

I'm just thinking the need for a new bromance is real - imagine these two introducing the light show - be way better than chilwell and maddison. Loud music blaring out, strobe lighting, let's ****ing ave it.

Edited by Abrasive fox
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

And boatloads of open-play chances to go along with a few fancy tricks and the odd wonder strike. 

35 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I'd be keeping tabs on Abraham at Chelsea. I'm not sure we necessarily need to buy a striker in this window but I'd be putting the feelers out now making him aware that we're interested and then swoop in the winter window if he finds that his game time is being limited at Stamford Bridge.

He's still a young player and at times last season he showed he can be a big player for a big team. I like his ability, his confidence, and his athleticism. If Chelsea's spending forces him out, I'd like it if we could take advantage.

Disagree we need another striker. A different option when it’s not going for us. 

4 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Disagree we need another striker. A different option when it’s not going for us. 

I agree, I just think we can probably cope until the winter window. Iheanacho has proven useful and if we utilise Perez centrally he can chip in.

I just think a creative player is more important right now, specifically one who can be effective on the right.

Just now, ALC Fox said:

I agree, I just think we can probably cope until the winter window. Iheanacho has proven useful and if we utilise Perez centrally he can chip in.

I just think a creative player is more important right now, specifically one who can be effective on the right.

I do think nacho has improved but with Europe to content with as well another striker is essential. Anyone know what’s happening with nacho as he’s out of contract at the end of this season. I would take Abraham or Wilson at Bournemouth. Or thuram at gladbach. 

32 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Especially if we go 3 at the back and two up top, would be a great focal point for other attackers to play off and for wing backs to swing crosses into. Mates with Maddison too (Think they roomed together for England and U21)

Maddison to Chelsea more like!!

• Haha 1