Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

2 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I do think nacho has improved but with Europe to content with as well another striker is essential. Anyone know what’s happening with nacho as he’s out of contract at the end of this season. I would take Abraham or Wilson at Bournemouth. Or thuram at gladbach. 

His contract is until 2022, it will be next summer when a decision will need to be made on him

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I do think nacho has improved but with Europe to content with as well another striker is essential. Anyone know what’s happening with nacho as he’s out of contract at the end of this season. I would take Abraham or Wilson at Bournemouth. Or thuram at gladbach. 

Thuram would be superb to be fair

If we cannot get fofana(would love) or tarkowski, who is a better player than we give him credit for, kambulla from verona would be an astute signing. Great in the air and defensively. Needs to improve his passing but that will come with time. Be great in 3atb too. 

Edited by North Leeds Fox

Some decent players from the lower clubs going for good prices now. Frazer free, Lewis 13.5m, Wilson probably under 17m they’d all strengthen us. I really hope we know what we’re doing because it’s certainly doesn’t look like it. 😕

Edited by dannythefox

Seen apparently Man United are holding out for £18 million from Roma for Smalling. Tbh, I'd be happy to match that. He's a good medium term successor to Evans, England international, experience in Europe and reliable. 

Problem is, they'd probably want £18 million from Roma and £25 million from us...

3 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Some decent players from the lower clubs going for good prices now. Frazer free, Lewis 13.5m, Wilson probably under 17m they’d all strengthen us. I really hope we know what we’re doing because it’s certainly doesn’t look like it. 😕

1 minute ago, fox_up_north said:

Seen apparently Man United are holding out for £18 million from Roma for Smalling. Tbh, I'd be happy to match that. He's a good medium term successor to Evans, England international, experience in Europe and reliable. 

Problem is, they'd probably want £18 million from Roma and £25 million from us...

Smalling, Lewis, Fraser and Wilson all for what we got for Chilwell with £10m change..... I certainly wouldn't have turned my nose up at that. Especially if we added another £20m to that and went and got a quality RWer like Brooks. 

It looks like the market is starting to loosen up a bit. Hopefully the value is starting to be seen and we can pick up a few players for decent money.

Benrahma for £20mil is a steal in my opinion. We need a player who can beat a man from a stationary position due to the fact we’re playing more and more football against flat banks of 4. Our other wingers beat men usually with pace, not trickery, which is much harder to do when you’re attacking a deeper line. Would be good to have someone that could turn some fullbacks inside out. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Lob £25m at PSV for Mohamed Ihatteran? Ticks all the boxes as a Rodgers type creative player, more of an attacking midfielder than a winger but equally as adept playing in the 10 role or right wing.

Beautiful. But how would you get him? Seems like he's at the perfect place for his development right now.

What if he doesn't settle into a starting spot immediately? Loanback? This is the type of player I'd like to team up with a Trincao loan and let them battle it out in training for the shirt. That would satisfy me. The "peanut gallery" however needs instant gratification and both players will require patience. Do we have the stones for that.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Lob £25m at PSV for Mohamed Ihatteran? Ticks all the boxes as a Rodgers type creative player, more of an attacking midfielder than a winger but equally as adept playing in the 10 role or right wing.

Flair, do you watch world football in your sleep, on the loo and at funerals ? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SO1 said:

Beautiful. But how would you get him? Seems like he's at the perfect place for his development right now.

What if he doesn't settle into a starting spot immediately? Loanback? This is the type of player I'd like to team up with a Trincao loan and let them battle it out in training for the shirt. That would satisfy me. The "peanut gallery" however needs instant gratification and both players will require patience. Do we have the stones for that.

He's been in the recent Holland squad which is no mean feat, usually such players spend longer with their U21's so I think he's possibly at a level already that would immediately improve us.