Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

1 minute ago, winteriscoming said:

I just think with better service he would score goals here. He’s an experienced player in the pl. The alternative is taking a risk on an unproven player from abroad and paying over the odds for him. 

It's buying players from EPL clubs where you ran greater risk of paying over the odds, see Perez.

4 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I know the jury’s still out on Perez but I’d rather him than Slimani, ghezzal and Silva.  Those 3 we obviously paid over the odds. 

So would I but it doesn't mean you never paid over the odds for him. Slimani, Ghezzal and Silva aren't signings you can describe as paying over the odds for, they are just bad signings. Perez has been a decent enough signing but based on his contribution you've paid over the odds for him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

2 things.

1. Window is not closed
  2. Playing without wingers IS a valid strategy lol

I think we confuse wingers with just the absolute lack of attacking creativity quality in the team ..like apart from Ricardo we have got zero players that can actually take on someone with pace and skill and just make something happen.

• Like 2

If we get Tarkowski or possibly Fofana through the door, then all we need is another attacking option.

Getting a winger in who can score 15-20 a season is unlikely. 

We need to go for Edouard or someone of that ilk, who is highly rated and would be a good understudy to Vardy.

Daka, Boadu, Malen and Watkins are others that spring to mind.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Don't see the point of another centre forward, Rodgers says it's creativity that is the problem, not finishing the chances.

If we are sticking to 4-3-3 you are unlikely to convince players like Édouard and Daka to play the same squad role Kelechi has for three seasons. I'd take a young 18 year old prospect as @Ric Flair suggested, who can perhaps get the odd game as third choice, but we have to spend the bulk of the remaining budget on a creative force on the right flank that can provide the killer ball.

We're at that stage where with Tielemans and Maddison we have two players who can play the ball before the assist, but the end product of our current options when they try to cross, cut back, play the final through ball is crap. That would make far more sense to me than spending £30m on another Iheanacho. 

Creativity at the top end of the pitch, that could mean another midfielder, another striker, maybe both. 4-2-3-1 is the formation we tended to go for last season, within time it ended up failing because our wingers are dogshit. Vardy was starting to get isolated so we rightfully changed formation. Vardy is better off with support, whether that’s with Perez, Iheanacho or both, it’s a must for me next season.

Some random kid, coming to sit on the bench won’t make much difference. We need a top quality right winger or someone who can start alongside Vardy, a right winger could be hard to come by though.

Tielemans and Maddison are two players we look towards as being creative, they should be getting assists themselves, especially Maddison who only posted 3 last season, which is poor standards.

2 hours ago, kingfox said:

Creativity at the top end of the pitch, that could mean another midfielder, another striker, maybe both. 4-2-3-1 is the formation we tended to go for last season, within time it ended up failing because our wingers are dogshit. Vardy was starting to get isolated so we rightfully changed formation. Vardy is better off with support, whether that’s with Perez, Iheanacho or both, it’s a must for me next season.

Some random kid, coming to sit on the bench won’t make much difference. We need a top quality right winger or someone who can start alongside Vardy, a right winger could be hard to come by though.

Tielemans and Maddison are two players we look towards as being creative, they should be getting assists themselves, especially Maddison who only posted 3 last season, which is poor standards.

Maddison created a decent amount of chances, not his fault that people couldnt finish them. 

51 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Maddison created a decent amount of chances, not his fault that people couldnt finish them. 

See i am perplexed by Maddison's chance created stats, unless its all set pieces I'm not sure where the stats derive from, he was anonymous 2nd half of the season going forward 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Eriksen is in decline while maddison and tielemans have their best years in front of them, pass from me.

In decline at 28 lol he’s just had a club not work out for him 🙂 I never said we’d sell Tielemans or Maddison to sign him either so I don’t understand the relevance of mentioning them 🤔 

1 hour ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Sure i read somewhere that he doesn't like or rate BR

Aue, they had a falling out at Celtic and he had a good few digs at Rodgers once he left and another few once Rodgers came here. I'm not 100% sure what it was about but I think it was something like he said Rodgers questioned his loyalty and that he forced a move....

• Like 1