Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

On 21/08/2020 at 09:26, Ric Flair said:

Hmmmm that means Adam Ounas and/or Lozano could be available. Both would be worth taking a chance on. Ounas is an Algerian left footed right winger, it's destiny. He's quick as well, unlike Ghezzal.

MAKE IT HAPPEN RUDDERS

47 minutes ago, Grantham Fox said:

Apparently PSG want Julian Draxler gone, and the only team I saw interested were Leeds. He can play as a winger can’t he, even though his preferred position is a 10? 

He has mostly played as a left winger in his career, he can also play as a 10

The Althetic are reporting Everton spending is Finished. 

So where can zaha go ? 

Leicester or possibly spurs is the only option for him in the PL. 

wonder if this will be our surprise signing late in the window 

Edited by happy85

1 hour ago, happy85 said:

So where can zaha go ? 

That's one hell of a conclusion to jump to but I admire your optimism! :P

The more I think about it and the more I look at our current squad and who we’ve seen so far I think that we should focus on a striker and centre back as priority. It seems that Brendan wants to play three at the back and so in order to get the most out of the better players we have those seem like the fundamental gaps.

If we go three at the back to get the most out of Maddison we need to play him in the 10 not wide left, which means we should play two up top and therefore need a partner for Vardy. I would really love that to be Edouard. 

If we do revert to a back 4 then I worry lack of natural width on the left will be an issue. 

16 hours ago, happy85 said:

So where can zaha go ? 

Hope so. He’s had a cracking preseason too.

34 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Godin going to Cagliari, don’t care about his age id love him here 

IMO the best CB of the last 10-15 years. Shame it didn't work out at Inter, I was dead keen for him to come to the prem after Atletico!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

IMO the best CB of the last 10-15 years. Shame it didn't work out at Inter, I was dead keen for him to come to the prem after Atletico!

The game against us at the KP will live long in my memory, a fantastic performance IMO, plays the ball out of defense brilliantly which people seem to not expect due to him playing for atletico previously.

I've really tried being patient but I just really want us to announce a signing we can get excited about.... The excitement around Castagne was dampened by the question Mark's of where he fits into the side, not to mention the fact that most of us didn't know much about him. 

...Just someone we can get us buzzing. 

We must have been loosely linked with about 50 players over the summer..

LCFC ought to have a list for the Jan window, that then gets put into action in the summer window.

It has been a shambles... First game is 3 days away and we have a CM filling in at CB, Then a CM that it looked like we were getting rid of starting in his place..
mid we don’t pick up 7 points from the first 4 games, we are in a relegation battle for sure..

Popped this in the Rodger thread, but spotted we'd been discussing in here so thought i'd share....

I think some of those on the free transfer list will start coming back into focus soon if we can't get key deals over the line. Those sorts of players will provide the squad depth, rather than being key starters

Still on there (not saying i'd take these, but they're of the right level):

- Mario Gotze

- Nat Clyne

- Daniel Sturridge

- Edison Cavani

- Jose Callejon 

- Pato

- Chupo Moting

- Lusamba (we've been linked in the past)

Lusamba and Chupo have the same agent too. 

Be interesting, imagine some Prem clubs will start taking short term punts on some of those soon.

Edited by AjcW

48 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Popped this in the Rodger thread, but spotted we'd been discussing in here so thought i'd share....

I think some of those on the free transfer list will start coming back into focus soon if we can't get key deals over the line. Those sorts of players will provide the squad depth, rather than being key starters

- Mario Gotze

- Nat Clyne

- Daniel Sturridge

- Edison Cavani

- Jose Callejon 

- Pato

- Chupo Moting

Be interesting, imagine some Prem clubs will start taking short term punts on some of those soon.

What happened with Cavani I thought he’d all but joined Benfica

Just now, dbtcity said:

What happened with Cavani I thought he’d all but joined Benfica

Latest was that Juve had come in for him after failing to sign Edin Dzeko... so I guess maybe he's holding out for that.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, AjcW said:

- Mario Gotze

- Nat Clyne

- Daniel Sturridge

- Edison Cavani

- Jose Callejon 

- Pato

- Chupo Moting

I'd love Mario Götze at the Citeh.

Certainly had his injury/fitness issues but on a free, could provide a decent squad option across the attacking midfield positions.

Always thought José Callejón was a bloody good player too, although didn't realise he's into his 30's now.

7 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Latest was that Juve had come in for him after failing to sign Edin Dzeko... so I guess maybe he's holding out for that.

Juve are now supposed to be close to getting Suarez, who is apparently doing an Italian language test and Cavani is now linked with Atletico