Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

Really think Todd Cantwell from Norwich would be a very good fit with our squad but can't necessarily see a starting place week in week out but useful over a long season in which there will no doubt be plenty of opportunities to play and perhaps in a reshaped side if we lose Madison long term (if he leaves one summer). Seems to be comfortable out wide too so has plenty of scope for being involved more often than not. Just hope Everton and West Ham don't hear about him too....

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Harlowfox said:

With Casper getting on a bit can't for the life of me not understand why we aren't putting a cheeky offer for Martinez. He is premier league proven 

Because spending £20mill on a keeper to be number 2, who clearly wants to be a number 1 isn't going to work out well. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fazzyfox said:

Really think Todd Cantwell from Norwich would be a very good fit with our squad but can't necessarily see a starting place week in week out but useful over a long season in which there will no doubt be plenty of opportunities to play and perhaps in a reshaped side if we lose Madison long term (if he leaves one summer). Seems to be comfortable out wide too so has plenty of scope for being involved more often than not. Just hope Everton and West Ham don't hear about him too....

I'm actually quite surprised nobody has come in for Cantwell or Buendia yet. Norwich made a lot of new signings so was expecting a few to go especially those two?

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Clearly lacking in squad depth, Brendan getting his reasoning in as he has done at every other club

It’s fair reasoning though. He is being forced to play his CDM at CB having sold one for £80million 12 months ago. It’s an unfair position to put him in and if the results don’t come, we(the fans) will jump on him. 

22 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

It’s fair reasoning though. He is being forced to play his CDM at CB having sold one for £80million 12 months ago. It’s an unfair position to put him in and if the results don’t come, we(the fans) will jump on him. 

It's pretty devious behaviour imo, the transfer window still has a few weeks to run. He should be putting on a united front and not sowing the seeds of a manouvre to shift the blame should the season not start well.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AjcW said:

Popped this in the Rodger thread, but spotted we'd been discussing in here so thought i'd share....

I think some of those on the free transfer list will start coming back into focus soon if we can't get key deals over the line. Those sorts of players will provide the squad depth, rather than being key starters

Still on there (not saying i'd take these, but they're of the right level):

- Mario Gotze

- Nat Clyne

- Daniel Sturridge

- Edison Cavani

- Jose Callejon 

- Pato

- Chupo Moting

- Lusamba (we've been linked in the past)

Lusamba and Chupo have the same agent too. 

Be interesting, imagine some Prem clubs will start taking short term punts on some of those soon.

Gotze - Finished

Clyne - Finished

Sturridge - Finished

Pato - Was finished about 8 years ago

Chupo Moting - Come on now

All the above are has beens and have disasterous money pit written all over them. What's the point in paying someone like Gotze 100k or something like that to be a squad filler. 

Cavani of course would be great but don't see you busting the wage structure for him and how would he and Vardy play in the same team.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Gotze - Finished

Clyne - Finished

Sturridge - Finished

Pato - Was finished about 8 years ago

Chupo Moting - Come on now

All the above are has beens and have disasterous money pit written all over them. What's the point in paying someone like Gotze 100k or something like that to be a squad filler. 

Cavani of course would be great but don't see you busting the wage structure for him and how would he and Vardy play in the same team.

Oh come on, don't sit on the fence. Tell us what you really think. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, AjcW said:

Popped this in the Rodger thread, but spotted we'd been discussing in here so thought i'd share....

I think some of those on the free transfer list will start coming back into focus soon if we can't get key deals over the line. Those sorts of players will provide the squad depth, rather than being key starters

Still on there (not saying i'd take these, but they're of the right level):

- Mario Gotze

- Nat Clyne

- Daniel Sturridge

- Edison Cavani

- Jose Callejon 

- Pato

- Chupo Moting

- Lusamba (we've been linked in the past)

Lusamba and Chupo have the same agent too. 

Be interesting, imagine some Prem clubs will start taking short term punts on some of those soon.

Those will be the ones with zero budget, and staring over the cliff of relegation before the season has started then.

Edited by sphericalfox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, happy85 said:

Leicester’s finances for transfers have taken a hit from the Covid-19 pandemic, with the club owned by duty free giant King Power, while missing out on the Champions League on the final day last season cost them around £40 million.

john percy

Fantastic news.